January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Good player who's lost his way and been plagued by injuries - not sure he's what we need at the moment though- we need players up to speed who can hit the ground running .

He's the kind of signing we'd have made in the last 6 years and would have been an absolute disaster. I think he's the complete opposite of what we should, and appear to be targeting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Good player who's lost his way and been plagued by injuries - not sure he's what we need at the moment though- we need players up to speed who can hit the ground running .

Him being able to "Hit the ground running" is the problem

He's practically disabled in football terms and i'd group him in with the Dyer and Jenas of the world

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Him being able to "Hit the ground running" is the problem

He's practically disabled in football terms and i'd group him in with the Dyer and Jenas of the world

Dyer and Jenas achieved things in the game. They have 54 England caps between them. 

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Dyer and Jenas achieved things in the game. They have 54 England caps between them. 

Amazing when you consider that Dennis Mortimer didn't even get one cap. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Darryl Horgan who was a free transfer and who is only on £6k a week at Preston was supposedly excellent today. It is not as if he wasn't known about or linked to Villa before the window but is another example of ignoring value while vast sums are squandered on average players on massive wages.

Being stuck in the championship for a few seasons might teach the club about value for money.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Pointless signing anyone now

May as well wait till the summer this season is a right off

Our only hope was to get midfielders in right at the start of the window which the club have failed to do

Madness. So we should let Hourihane and Lansbury go elsewhere at seasons end (more competition on a free) just because we aren't going up this season? **** that. You build now for the future, I'd rather hit next season running rather than needing summer signings to get up to speed. 

• Like 3

We are so awful...it's quite depressing.

What an abysmal excuse for a "strike force" today, so sick of Gabby and McCormack is looking hopeless. The decision to sell Gestede looks ridiculous now, should've shifted Gabby years ago and McCormack is not the answer.

Hopefully Grealish will come on and get us going 2nd half...no other decent options on the bench really and that is poor. Joke of a midfield...

ppl still don't think we need a new striker? Come on now...

Edited by Jas10

We are so shit, there's no denying it and no excuse. We need signings fast, get them in quick before they realise just how shit we are and how little prospect we have of going up atm. So sick of our shittest players, absolutely appalled.

In an ideal world, release Gabby & Hutton (why the hell is he given the ball so much?!), swap McCormack for someone else, get some flipping actual midfielders in who can PASS THE BALL!!!

Edited by Jas10

Can't believe the stupidity of letting Gestede go and thinking we could somehow rely on Gabby in any way whatsoever, offers nothing at all. Hutton is a waste of space & I don't care how much he tries, he's a very poor excuse for a footballer along with Gabby.