January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Give us a michael118 wish list of players for January then come back at the end of January and see how we did?

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

It doesn't get a lot worse than Steve Bruce being in charge of transfers for your club in 2016.

Edited by Michael118

27 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

It doesn't get a lot worse than Steve Bruce being in charge of transfers for your club in 2016.

Why would it be sarcastic? I'm genuinely interested as to who you would bring in, realistically of course. i didn't mention Steve Bruce here, I want to know your wish list of players. 

14 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Why would it be sarcastic? I'm genuinely interested as to who you would bring in, realistically of course. i didn't mention Steve Bruce here, I want to know your wish list of players. 

Ok, I wasn't sure. I thought maybe you were reacting to my previous post regarding our future transfers.

I could give you a list now but it would consist mainly of players I have mentioned already in recent posts - Pantilimon, Elliot, Klose, Trippier, Hoolahan, Joselu, Mbokani, Afobe, Gil.

Coincidentally, I've just signed up for pay TV on a free trial so I'll have access to La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and some Premier League and Championship matches for at least a month. I've had limited access to any football since about half way through last season. I am more than happy to spend some time coming up with a list of players I would target over the next month or so and share it with you here when it's complete if you are interested.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Ok, I wasn't sure. I thought maybe you were reacting to my previous post regarding our future transfers.

I could give you a list now but it would consist mainly of players I have mentioned already in recent posts - Pantilimon, Elliot, Klose, Trippier, Hoolahan, Joselu, Mbokani, Afobe, Gil.

Coincidentally, I've just signed up for pay TV on a free trial so I'll have access to La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and some Premier League and Championship matches for at least a month. I've had limited access to any football since about half way through last season. I am more than happy to spend some time coming up with a list of players I would target over the next month or so and share it with you here when it's complete if you are interested.

From that list I think trippier would be a good shout, if he'd drop down though that is. And Afobe is someone I like a lot but I don't think he'd drop down. I honestly believe we are a trippier and a solid cm away from a decent team. In stuck on a solid cm though. Maybe even need 2 of them. Keep updating your findings because my access to watching football and doing my own scouting is England games on itv!! And the odd villa game when I can get time away from the fam!

Given the reaction to Bruce's appointment, imagine the inferno eruption if we signed the finished-at-Rangers Joey Barton. We will be making loan arrangements for midfielder in January I'm sure but I hope there's no Barton thread in a few months. 

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Technically it'll be 2017 when the transfers will come in :trollface:

34 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Given the reaction to Bruce's appointment, imagine the inferno eruption if we signed the finished-at-Rangers Joey Barton. We will be making loan arrangements for midfielder in January I'm sure but I hope there's no Barton thread in a few months. 

Given how big Xia is on attitude and positivity there's zero chance of us signing Barton

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

It will be a MON like transfer policy, some midfield cloggers in the mould of Savage or Damien Johnson. so I expect a return for Steve Sidwell and Reo-Coker

Well we finished 6th in the Premier League 2 or 3 times so...