January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I hope the reporter hasn't mis-judged Bruce taking the piss. It's reported as if he's lining up some potential wonder kid but it looks like they're taking it too literal. 

P. S. What's with the Birmingham Mail? I live in North Wales and have done for a long time and used them as a decent read for info via their site for a few years. Then went cold turkey for a while and ever since I've read things since it's just like a crappy Facebook footy page posting rumour after rumour, nicking from other crap sources. Then the mail gets quoted by the rubbish blogs etc. What an absolute joke it is. These people are paid reporters too, just spouting shite from the Internet. I'm jealous. 

It used to be a proper local newspaper but is now part of the mirror group who seem to have bought a lot of local papers and basically run them down to a minimum budget,  stick them all on a homogeneous website package and fill them with the same rubbish occasionally tailored to local taste,  and allow their probably one or two "journalists" to write a couple of stories. 

Basically its a proper decent local paper which has been destroyed because no one actually buys papers anymore but the "brand" has value to The Mirror Group. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest doesn't take much to be better than that fat oaf McCormack.  I would say he has been our biggest flop in history.

Congratulations toss McCormack on that title and good riddance. 

Quick to forget nzogbia 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

Quick to forget nzogbia 

He was also a horrible signing, but he cost £3m less and was 6 years younger.

McCormack is on course to become one of, if not our worse ever signing from a financial standpoint IMO.

I just hope we can flog him asap and recoup some of the money.

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, sne said:

McCormack is on course to become one of, if not our worse ever signing from a financial standpoint IMO.

Pretty sure N'Zogbia cost more than McCormack will have done, in terms of transfer fees + wages.

4 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Nzogbia cost a lot more than £3m both in transfer fee and all the wages he just sat and collected!

I imagine McCormack is on a pretty sweet deal, not the maybe £55k that NZogbia was, but still probably close to £40k

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I just hope he comes good, we all know he has the ability to find the net at this level, hopefully he sorts whatever issues he has out and can fire us up the table

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest doesn't take much to be better than that fat oaf McCormack.  I would say he has been our biggest flop in history.

Congratulations toss McCormack on that title and good riddance. 

Ah good old VT hyperbole.....thought it was too good to be true that we hadn't nailed someone to the post of being the 'worst ever' for a few days......zzzzzzzzz

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

N zogbia was 10m McCormack was 12m

Don't think you can really compare a price now to a couple of years ago, it's changed so much in a short space of time. 

As an example in his last season with Wigan nzogbia got 9 goals and 4 assists. Bolasie in his last season at palace got 5 goals and 3 assists and went for around the 25mil mark. 

Edited by Tony