January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

someone else was linked to cairney earlier in the week and apparently fulham wanted £20m as an opening offer...

Seriously? I'd like him but not worth more than 10 million. Barnsley accepted 500k for Winnall? Surely they'd take 4 million for Hourihane. Much better signing and he's better defensively. 

to be fair by my reckoning theres been 13 permanent transfers in to the championship so far in 12 days, most of them lower league players for small fees, the biggest move of the window so far is nugent to derby for £2.5m, there have been about 7 transfers in the prem

not a lot is happening anywhere

16 minutes ago, KSV said:

Seriously? I'd like him but not worth more than 10 million. Barnsley accepted 500k for Winnall? Surely they'd take 4 million for Hourihane. Much better signing and he's better defensively. 

Winnall at £500k is an absolute bargain if Sheff Wed have got him for that.

51 minutes ago, KSV said:

Looks like Hourihane going to Sheffield Wednesday. Wtf. We should be on for this lad. All over Twitter. SW fans gloating a double signing with that winnall chap. Probably end up with Huddlestone. :( Come on dr go nick him.

As far as I can see hourihane isn't locked on to sign for Swfc.  Apparently they have bid for him and stupid Wednesday fans on twitter seem to think that is the same as signing him. Both us and Norwich are touted as other possible destinations.    

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

As far as I can see hourihane isn't locked on to sign for Swfc.  Apparently they have bid for him and stupid Wednesday fans on twitter seem to think that is the same as signing him. Both us and Norwich are touted as other possible destinations.    

Yeah I wasn't aware of their rivalry. They were trying to stir them up. 

Edited by KSV

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Grealish has been great for most of the season so far, Ayew hasn't played that much but he should be in the side. I also think that Amavi has been a shining light particularly after his injury. As for Gestede, well he's moved on to pastures new now edit- who is we?

I think he has been shit for most of the season if I'm honest. A real disappointmnet so far

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Winnall at £500k is an absolute bargain if Sheff Wed have got him for that.

Aren't Sheff Weds a bit top heavy with strikers?

They already have Stephen Fletcher, Garry Hooper, Nuhiu who they use as an impact sub and Forresteri plays as number 10 so I struggle to see where Winnall fits in as he needs to also play as targetman. They also signed McManaman the other day who can also play in the front three.

We saw earlier this season just playing 4 strikers all at once and hoping it works isn't the brightest idea at any level.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Completelyrics agree

thirded ! I think Grealish apart from a couple of pieces of magic has been bang average at best........... really doesn't do enough, or doesn't contribute enough to warrant being a luxury player, which is what he is !!

He will be in League 1 in 3 years time

4 hours ago, AVFC44 said:

Linked with Tom Cairney today, from Fulham.

What a fantastic signing that would be.

Where were we linked with him? Bruce obviously worked with him at Hull City so clearly rates him so do I and as did Scholesy on Red Cafe.net Man United forum, their version of me :)

20 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

thirded ! I think Grealish apart from a couple of pieces of magic has been bang average at best........... really doesn't do enough, or doesn't contribute enough to warrant being a luxury player, which is what he is !!

He will be in League 1 in 3 years time

Proof that Dr Tony Xia is a fraud. One of the biggest clubs in the world? Won't happen in League 1!!

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Aren't Sheff Weds a bit top heavy with strikers?

They already have Stephen Fletcher, Garry Hooper, Nuhiu who they use as an impact sub and Forresteri plays as number 10 so I struggle to see where Winnall fits in as he needs to also play as targetman. They also signed McManaman the other day who can also play in the front three.

We saw earlier this season just playing 4 strikers all at once and hoping it works isn't the brightest idea at any level.

An array of attacking talent at their disposal there, we should raid them ;)

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I sometimes wonder if he regrets ever leaving us ,it kind of felt like his exit became the catalyst for what followed ,saying that , I'd still welcome him back with open arms .

I hope he does in fact I really hope that every player that moves from us has the odd moment or a lot more than the odd moment when he regrets doing so. I think a few of them do at some point in time after they leave Villa Park. 

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where were we linked with him? Bruce obviously worked with him at Hull City so clearly rates him so do I and as did Scholesy on Red Cafe.net Man United forum, their version of me :)

Didn't Bruce sell Cairney to Blackburn?