January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 hours ago, dn1982 said:

It looks like we've got a couple of targets for every position we are trying to strengthen. RB 2xCM and a forward are my guess. Lansbury looks like one. The others who knows but we seem to be looking at decent improvements. 

Also LM. It seems bizarre doesn't it to have a manager that can see where we need to strengthen after all the years of gambles & awful signings.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Speaking of Benteke, why on earth would Palace want to sell him, the guy can single handedly keep a team in the premier league! 

Someone has suggested they would make Big Sam an offer he could not refuse? ;)

Edited by John
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Saw someone claim on Twitter earlier that we're in talks with Jake Livermore from Hull

Can't see that happening, I would have thought Meyler from Hull would be more realistic, even though he has said he doesn't want to leave.

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

A lot of plate spinning? What does that mean in this sense? 

It's like knocking one out to Baywatch back in the day. You have to be ready, but not too ready. Rigid but rubbery.

So we're ready to splash the cash whenever the moment arises.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Speaking of Benteke, why on earth would Palace want to sell him, the guy can single handedly keep a team in the premier league! 

I sometimes wonder if he regrets ever leaving us ,it kind of felt like his exit became the catalyst for what followed ,saying that , I'd still welcome him back with open arms .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Benteke is not going to drop down to the Championship this season.

Our best hope is that we go up, Palace go down, and Tony then goes after Benteke... I can't see him coming back myself as much as I would love it.

:) Imagine him in The Championship, he'd run riot!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

we said that about Ayew, Amavi, Grealish, Gestede............

I think Grealish has been great for most of the season so far, Ayew hasn't played that much but he should be in the side. I also think that Amavi has been a shining light particularly after his injury. As for Gestede, well he's moved on to pastures new now edit- who is we?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Take the £25m from China for Amavi and give it to Palace for Benteke 

Bringing Benteke back would mean having Westwood back in the team to hit those floating corners. ;)

• Like 1