January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Re: Schlupp, maybe we do stand a chance albeit a slim one? Surely if you compare Villa Park and our state of the art training facilities, plus 40k+ crowds against Burton then that nullifies the advantage of Premier League football? To a point at least?

Obviously we can't compete with a Prem team in many aspects but if he wants a regular start, a great stadium with potentially bigger crowds than the other teams in for him, whilst also enjoying much better facilities then why not?!

Also maybe just maybe De Leat has put a word in for us? Oh & Albrighton too?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

If we can convince some of these PL players we seem to be targetting (not regular first teamers), that they will get regular game time, that we're going to be making a genuine push for promotion, and will go all out to establish ourselves in the PL (as well as putting them on decent contracts) then I can definitely see some of them being tempted and wanting to sign. We are a big, prestigious club with a fabulous stadium, wonderful support, huge fanbase, great history, state of the art training facilities, a good manager and a fantastic owner (now). Not every club has that, not even every PL club.

I think Ulloa would be a great signing, would be nice to have a proper target man in the side who can score regularly at this level and he would seem to fit the bill. Not getting much game time at Leicester and they have too many strikers anyway. I would be completely happy with a few decent loan signings.

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It's great to have players with the right attitude that are both hard working and talented.

Unfortunately, nowadays it's very very difficult to find such players as there are so few e.g. committed or "hungry" players lacking in technical skills, talented players who don't put the graft in etc.

Money is always going to be the main factor followed by club status or progress and prestige and hopefully likelihood of playing regularly. 

Clubs have to entice players with significant financial incentives and sometimes even the promise of being moved on to a "bigger" club if they "make their name" or perform well for a length of time e.g. release clauses. We've been victims of this ourselves.

At least at higher levels, football isn't the most ethical or prestigious of sports anymore, it's all about the money...just look at the agents and the huge fees they get for pulling off big transfers.

A good scouting department should at least be capable of identifying players who perform well consistently and maintain high standards. Sometimes it can be worth taking a risk on an unproven player or even one with a bad attitude etc. in the hope that they can be moulded and improved but consistent performers are a must. Build a decent team first.

moneyball?

HITC claiming Bruce watched Hourihane on the weekend and we will step up our efforts to get him. Didnt someone say HITC had a reliable reporter working part time for them or something? 

Please be true! 

Taken off twitter. Why wouldnt we sign this guy??

C1CAY2qXgAAMbYw.jpg:large

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Schlupp for £12m. Can't see it at all. I wouldn't want us to pay that even if we were in the Premier League.

12 million is nothing these days. If the Dr wants to spend that sort of money on a Premier league winning player then that's fine by me.

8 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Got the latest hot scoops for you guys, direct from my dreams last night.

Westwood has turned into a seagull, and we're signing a guy called Kenny Snowstorm.

My guess is your central heating broke down as you were sleeping next to some pale bird.

Not sure about Huddlestone, his Wikipedia says he's 35 so not much resale value, and it looks like he's spent years messing about in films and tv shows rather than training hard and playing football. Plus he seemed to cause ructions in that Thor team/film he was in, personality we could do without I think.

Hasn't even got a good pose on his panini football sticker:

MV5BMTEwNjE0Njg2MTReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDEy

• Like 3