January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

What - too early? Well Christmas is about to bite you on the b*llocks, so I disagree. More so because we have a new manager almost in and I want to discuss the most likely signings of Huddlestone and Elmohamady.

Haha !!  Daft as it sounds, Huddlestone would do us a job........... and Alex Bruce aint bad squad player.........  I wanted us to sign Elmohamady in the summer when he was out of contract

I don't think player wise he needs to do a lot, just in the middle of the park where we are, for want of a better word, racked off...........

Looking at Bruces past record with players hes always had a good ball player in his sides....... Robert Koren, David Dunn etc............. this is what we need........... 

Suggestions?  Charlie Adam,

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Such a lazy stereotype with regards to Bruce.

There's a lot of that.

He played 3-5-2 at Hull the season they first got promoted. So, I can see an important westwood replacement coming up, and maybe a LB or RB that can actually defend AND attack in equal measure - though hopefully Amavi shines. New keeper still a must for me.

Edited by Jareth

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you dont agree Sebastian Larsson or Cattermole are midfield cloggers :o

From that list, the only "midfield clogger" is Cattermole. Larsson may be a bit shit, but he's not a clogger.

So, you say a lazy stereotype, then when challenged on it, you present a list with the grand total of one 'clogger'.

Good work :thumb:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Don't forget Heskey twice. 

And both spells were successful. Just because Heskey was shocking for us doesn't mean he wasn't successful in his career at ANY point. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

this is a manager that has signed Lee Cattermole, Sebastian Larsson, Bendtner and Alex Bruce twice ;)

I will refuse to watch any games with Sebastian Larsson playing for Aston Villa.

Hopefully this won't be an issue thou

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

From that list, the only "midfield clogger" is Cattermole. Larsson may be a bit shit, but he's not a clogger.

So, you say a lazy stereotype, then when challenged on it, you present a list with the grand total of one 'clogger'.

Good work :thumb:

Larsson is definitely a clogger he is just shit at it and as for post I mentioned they are only players he signed twice nothing about cloggers in that post just shit players. Good Work ;)

Savage, Johnson, Cana, Michael Brown cloggers that have found a place under Bruce

Blimey, 5 names in a 20 year career. You're doing well here.

All of those players had decent premier league careers too (aside from Cana)

I'd kill for some "cloggers" if they had half the PL appearances of most of those players.