January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

We probably need to win 13 or 14 of our remaining 19 games to make the Playoffs..  With our away form it seems extremely unlikely.  

I'm not sure £15m for a championship striker is wise. Surely there will be better options in the summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Rule change this year means you can be denied promotion 

it was a long article and I have the attention span of a goldfish but it looked as though our prem league pedigree meant we were allowed to spend more than  clubs who hadn't been in the premier ... 

I'm sure the club are aware of ffp and the rules and won't risk losing out on promotion over them .

wyness and round were recently asked about ffp and seemed to think we were fine with it .

Seems 100% that the mystery man is Hogan

Leak if that is what it is is from the Brentford end

SB said this morning that the deal "was nearly done"

Therefore it looks like this was kept under wraps because of PL interest

Add all this together and i'd guess the player is ours

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I'm sure the club are aware of ffp and the rules and won't risk losing out on promotion over them .

wyness and round were recently asked about ffp and seemed to think we were fine with it .

2 Words: Parachute Payments

We sure seem to like spending money on Championship forwards... 

Gestede, McCormack, Kodija, maybe Hogan?

That's potentially about 7 + 12 + 15 + 15 = almost £50m spent on English second division attackers :wacko:

Gotta feel that if we had a scouting structure we could find a lot better players for a lot less money.

Then again it's hard to argue against signing a player who has single-handedly scored almost as many goals as our entire squad this season.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

John Percy @JPercyTelegraph

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to have a medical at #Burnley. Fee of around £5m agreed with #avfc

£5m!!!

Wow. 11m for Gestede and Westwood.

For that outlay, we have signed Lansbury, Bree, Hourihane and Bjarnason. 

Fantastic business.

...and we still have the 5m from the Ayew sale! 

• Like 2

I just love the doctors style  . Nice to see a man putting his money where is mouth is . 

Let's hope his benevolence is rewarded with ,at least , a day at Wembley . There can be no more excuses for failure ,the manager has been backed to the hilt . " let's dance " .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With the transfer fees and wages we are spending on championship players does anyone think we could be in big trouble if we don't get up in the next 2 seasons. We never even spent like this in Learners early days and even then the spending wasn't sustainable. What happened to FFP? I'm not complaining but where is all this money coming from? 

We already had a decent commercial income, we just ruined it with ridiculously high wages.

Some of these wages were hopefully reduced with relegation clauses. And Bruce is looking to offload more players. 

In his short time here Xia has already set up commercial deals and no doubt has many more lined up. 

So in other words I think we'll be fine. Xia is no fool and will know all the rules.

Just now, Xela said:

We are effectively the Man City / Chelsea in this league with our money aren't we?

Makes me worry we will run out by the time we get promoted.

For us to stay in the prem when we do go up we will need to replace alot