January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I think they should scrap the window,  its just shit anyway. 

All they needed to do was to shut the transfer activity down a few weeks earlier than they used to. 

Would get much less brinkmanship if there were still months to go and not a narrow window. 

I'm not that well up on the law, but it seems like a restriction of movement to me....No other business to my knowledge has this restriction, but then I guess its driven by contracts. I do think it suits the clubs sitting at the top of the Prem, more than any others.

I preferred the old system.....you could react much quicker if a player was not cutting the mustard.

22 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Marcus Maddison mentioned.... I know nothing about him...(can't post link from phone)

I like the looks of him even though it's a lower quality league. Great left peg and has a right one too. 
He's got 'tude which was why he never progressed at Newcastle. But plenty of players have blossomed late, we don't need a world beater.

Talking of players starting at top clubs but dropping and ending up at Peterborough. It's a shame Jermaine Anderson is constantly injured. He'd make for a decent Championship player.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

47 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

So we are keen on 2 players, but because we aware that PL clubs are interested, we have decided that plate spinning is more beneficial than making a bid? 

:trollface:

7 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I doubt last night would've gave him any indication of how they're doing! Bruce left 6 months ago so knows them inside out. I can't see us getting any Hull players now they've got the new bloke in as he'll be assessing them. I'd only really want Snodgrass anyway. 

He knew "them inside out" 6 months ago and things can change over that sort of period in football. I can see us getting a Hull player if Bruce wants one and we offer them enough money. Unless he was there on a jolly then I would guess this was a final check by the boss after seeing scouting reports to decide whether or not to bid for a player on a permanent or loan basis (from Hull or possibly the home team). But it is just a guess...

A few have mentioned Benteke and more than a few have p****d on their chips.

Benteke got his move to a big club but they flopped it for him.

Now he's at Palace

If you look down the PL table who of the "bigger than CP" would buy him?

Chelsea - no they have Costa

pool - Klopp sold him

spuds - lost interest

manc - not a pep player

arse - not a Wenger player

manu - Zlatan

everton - Lukaka

wba - Pulis style but wouldnt go there

bournemouth - would be a good footballing move but are they "big enough"?

soto - not their type of signing

stoke - where they all end up

So If not this season to fire us up, Once we are PL there is not bigger club for him to join

So DrT has only to sell him his dreams and ambitions

He knows he would be loved here

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just that we've got many irons in the fire at the mo.

Hang on... so spinning plates is something to do with irons in a fire ? I think I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea as to whether you have too many cooks spoiling the broth there.

• Like 3

I like Jake Livermore and obviously the manager does. His ability to cover centre back would be a bonus also. 

It has only just occurred to me that going the rest of the season with Jedi as our only midfield stopper would be mental. 

Even if it's not true, which it probably isn't, it's a great shout.