Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hippo

The Backroom staff - Oct 2016

Recommended Posts

Seems all sorts of rumours about the new backroom team Brucey will bring with.

Keith Berschin (Really !) Clemence and Walsh were reported by the telegraph.

Steve Clarke - is well liked with in the game and from what I can gather is an easy enough bloke to get along with. My only reservation would be that he sat on his backside whilst the team floundered.

Berschin - would be a complete joke imo -  I remember my bluenose mates used to take the rip out of him in the 70's -"superpuff" and the "breast feeding centre forward"

I think we should retain our current fitness coach- changing them doesn't seem to make any difference - apart from a one line in the press about "state of the art fitness techniques - and how he is held in high regard throughout the game"

I wonder if Stan Petrov might get a call..... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seems all sorts of rumours about the new backroom team Brucey will bring with.

Keith Berschin (Really !) Clemence and Walsh were reported by the telegraph.

Steve Clarke - is well liked with in the game and from what I can gather is an easy enough bloke to get along with. My only reservation would be that he sat on his backside whilst the team floundered.

Berschin - would be a complete joke imo -  I remember my bluenose mates used to take the rip out of him in the 70's -"superpuff" and the "breast feeding centre forward"

I think we should retain our current fitness coach- changing them doesn't seem to make any difference - apart from a one line in the press about "state of the art fitness techniques - and how he is held in high regard throughout the game"

I wonder if Stan Petrov might get a call..... 

 

 

Hope we keep clarke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda hope we keep Clarke as well - Im not sure why - but just think it would be a good move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a good footballer means nothing with regards to coaching, Bertschin I don't have a problem with.

I'd like to keep Clarke as well, but it may be best to eliminate all forms of early season guff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Being a good footballer means nothing with regards to coaching, Bertschin I don't have a problem with.

I'd like to keep Clarke as well, but it may be best to eliminate all forms of early season guff.

I don't know. I was stood in the holte end he scored against us - and celebrated in front of the holte - it was a terrible moment for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bertschin  has been at pretty much every club Bruce has managed. So safe bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard said:

Spink as goalkeeping coach?

He said he wouldn't be joining us a couple of days back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Richard said:

Spink as goalkeeping coach?

Accordng to an article earlier in the week he's got his own business now and doesn't feel physically up to returning to football full time so think we'll be looking at another option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Savage has hinted at being interested at being number 2! Fck me imagine seeing that clown in our dugout

It's bad enough trying to listen to him construct a meaningful sentence on TV.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The appointment of the back room staff is just as important as the manager. When was the last time one of our managers got the full entourage of staff they wanted? Lambert's first season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The appointment of the back room staff is just as important as the manager. When was the last time one of our managers got the full entourage of staff they wanted? Lambert's first season?

RDM?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Savage has hinted at being interested at being number 2! Fck me imagine seeing that clown in our dugout

and that would be the rest of the fan base turning on Bruce ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

RDM?

Maybe coaches, but pretty sure Clarke wasn't his first choice assistant as they had never worked together beforehand. (This is all guess work btw)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hilarious how when speaking about the manager, the majority says the backroom staff doesn't make much of a difference. However when the subject is considering a number 2 for the managers position "They sat on their backside and are partly responsible for the current shite team".:unsure:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prior to his appointment there were lots of names suggested as his backroom staff - yet this morning ...nothing !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surprised we've seen no news on this. I had heard that Clarke had left his role but not seen this confirmed either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â