Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Why did he use o hare in the u23 and leave him out of the 18 when the bench was lacking in creative players ? 

Why was hutton brought on as sub when Bruce had his £4m signing bree on the bench ? 

Tactics , selections, formations , training , man management , motivation - there are serious questions about all of these things under Bruce - this has to end now in his departure today - no point waiting another week .

Why did he have two rbs on the bench?????????????

What a complete idiot 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Why did he use o hare in the u23 and leave him out of the 18 when the bench was lacking in creative players ? 

Why was hutton brought on as sub when Bruce had his £4m signing bree on the bench ? 

Tactics , selections, formations , training , man management , motivation - there are serious questions about all of these things under Bruce - this has to end now in his departure today - no point waiting another week .

Its a weak management trick.

Random decisions trying to assert the "I'm the boss, you do what I say" without earning the right to authority.

Trying to keep people on their toes because everybody knows that the Boss's word is final.

The respectful follow the lead some trying to fathom out the logic behind it. Others just go with the "whatever - I'm here if you want anything doing"

No way to lead any kind of team to success.

Bruce Out ASAP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did Bacuna barely kick a ball pre season and start against Hull then get sold a few weeks later. It's beyond stupid. I can't comprehend some of his decisions and him thinking to himself this will get results

I dont understand his decision making process. like some have said o'hare ha slooked good and suddenly he is dropped from the squad for no reason. then he has one attacking outlet in gabby (might as well have no striker on the bench)

why didnt he give murphy a go? gabby is gone in summer we need new blood in and its time to build for the future.

also instead of signing a younger cm to compete with jedinak the best he can do is 33 year old whelan who looks out of his depth here. 

We have midfielders who are shackled and dont attack. we are obsessed with wing play and high balls into the box when we play one up front, neither of our attackers are big or good in the air. we went through 40mins of smashing the ball high and long to to Hogan/Gabby who lost the aerial duels against big CBs they had no chance of beating, conceding possession and watching it come straight back as we ran around watching a team of lesser players pass it around and create openings.

I have argued and argued we need to give him time and get stability back but I am absolutely gobsmacked at how poor we have been, truly astonished. He has played 3 different teams and a couple of different formations and we have been battered 3 times. Its a perfect storm and he has been terribly unlucky with injuries but I dont think he will win the fans back, i really dont. And if thats the case, there is only one way this can end so it may as well happen now rather than later. 

For anyone saying the players arent trying, look at the stats and see how much they are having to chase  the ball and think about how hard that must be to keep up. Give the other team the ball, let them play and their confidence grows, the fans get behind them and suddenly fear and doubt creeps in. It all stems from how we are being set up and coached to play.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Whether he quits or is sacked is pretty much irrelevant. He was their man and he has failed. Bruce quitting should not shield them from that point. 

I agree

but the point I was trying to make was that I believe they are waiting for him to resign. that would suit them better as they - wouldnt have to sack someone they chose - and they wouldnt get an earfull from DrT about him paying Bruce off as they appointed someone who blew £20mill finished 13th and f***ed this season up for us.

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Its a weak management trick.

Random decisions trying to assert the "I'm the boss, you do what I say" without earning the right to authority.

Trying to keep people on their toes because everybody knows that the Boss's word is final.

The respectful follow the lead some trying to fathom out the logic behind it. Others just go with the "whatever - I'm here if you want anything doing"

No way to lead any kind of team to success.

Bruce Out ASAP

There's enough ammo to throw at Bruce without making up nonsense like this :D 

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did Bacuna barely kick a ball pre season and start against Hull then get sold a few weeks later. It's beyond stupid. I can't comprehend some of his decisions and him thinking to himself this will get results

It is just picking names out of a hat and hoping something will click. Same thing he has been doing since day one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do we have less chance with a caretaker than Bruce? I really don't see how.

I genuinely beleive better. We have some skillfull players in this team. No management at all is better than whatever player krytponite Bruce brings to the table.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I genuinely beleive better. We have some skillfull players in this team. No management at all is better than whatever player krytponite Bruce brings to the table.

They honestly couldn't play any worse if they picked themselves and just went out and played off the cuff.

Staggering ineptitude by Bruce and his coaching staff.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

To be honest, I feel the need to apologise to everyone I disagreed with regarding their Bruce Out stance. I was a firm backer of his before the Hull game, and the last 10 days have felt like being kicked in the gut repeatedly. I'm absolutely speechless at how a team with the talent of ours can be made to look like 11 toothless passengers.

Stunned.

I also feel the need to apologise, I thought given a pre-season with his own players that we would at least be playing better, I was wrong and blinded by optimism.

• Like 2

May I take this moment to say, I made my stance regarding Bruce as it was/is what I believe to be right. Thats everybody's right, we will all see things differently, I believe there's nothing personal/better fan/I'm right you're wrong going from anyone on here, we are all passionate about Villa and believe what we believe.

There will not be any "told you so's" from me. (Even though the belittling of my posts/opinion was hard to take - thus - some of my staunch reactions)

I'm just sooooooooo angry that we are in the current situation that we are in. I feel it could have been avoided had the right people made the right decisions.

Bruce has to go. No doubt about that (imho of course) and all those who are contributing to our current state must go too. probably not all in one go, but one after the other.

The Dr simply has to go through his staff one by one and see who needs replacing. Starting with Bruce then working backwards - Coaches - advisors - Board.

1st step

BRUCE OUT asap

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

To be honest, I feel the need to apologise to everyone I disagreed with regarding their Bruce Out stance. I was a firm backer of his before the Hull game, and the last 10 days have felt like being kicked in the gut repeatedly. I'm absolutely speechless at how a team with the talent of ours can be made to look like 11 toothless passengers.

Stunned.

Also stunned. But no need to apologise for supporting your team. These days all you need do is call a manager out as sh't as early as you choose and know they will be gone in under a year. That sort of prophecy ain't a gift. 

Â