Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 months in and he's still just throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick.

Now that the walls are crumbling around him he passing blame at everyone but himself.

I know he has 4 promotions, but he's starting to act and sound like a con man who's being found out but is still trying to squeeze out a few more bucks from some unlucky sucker.

I hope he is sacked today. Some will say that if he has any pride he would resign but most football managers delude themselves that they can turn things around - he won't and he (and we) need to be put out of our misery

Ive no faith at all that Wyness and Round can get this right

• Like 1

I think that the players have a lot to answer for because there is a massive lack of effort at times from them. In fact, maybe a new manager might have the same problems. However, I'm sure a new manager will be able to see that a talented young lad like O'Hare - bursting to get a game and who works tirelessly - should be playing ahead of a half-arsed Gabby who has been a major let-down for the club for way too long.

Bruce has to go but I do wonder if the players are really that good.

Terry is slow and had top quality players around him at Chelsea.

Chester looks ok when in a back three but his form has dipped a lot since towards the end of last season, in a back two.

The right back position is a nightmare with hardly anyone standing out as good enough.

Our two holding midfielders are not at the peak of their careers and lack pace. 

Hourihane and Lansbury are being deployed alongside the holding midfielder and they too lack the pace to get forward.

Hogan needs someone clever around him to thread passes through to him and I think O'Hare could have the ability to form a good combination with him if given the chance. 

The wingers need to improve and learn how to beat a man and deliver better to the forwards. Green is still learning. Elmohamady is an unknown so far as he's not been here long. Adomah seems to be injured, lacking confidence or cannot be bothered. Something seems wrong with him.

I fear a change of manager may not bring about the rise to the top that we all crave. Still, we will have more chance than by sticking with Bruce.

I fear that Wyness (& Round) maybe waiting for Bruce to resign so they (if the appointment was their recommendation) dont have to suffer the embarassment and the good Dr doesnt have to compensate.

So Bruce, are you in it for the money? or your dignity and honour? that lovely guy you are

Edited by Grasshopper

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We'd have been better off giving RDM the time

Crazily, I think I agree with this.

Now I was right behind the RDM sacking when it happened, even though I defended him more than most. And Iw as right behind the Bruce appointment right up until less than a week ago.

But in hindsight, unless bruce turns a serious corner, I think you're right. I think we'd have been better off keeping RDM. We wouldn't have gone up last season and we probably wouldn't go up this season. But we'd be playing better than I'm seeing now.

I just can't believe how bad we've been these past two games. There's no defence for Bruce for that. Even if the squad isn't as good as some of us think (I personally think on paper it's one of the best in the league), it's miles MILES better than those games show.

If a squad is under performing that badly, it's only one person's fault.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well he gave RDM 10 games so Bruce has had 10 months and can not complain .

under RDM it was bad but at least there was so,e sort of football being played , under Bruce its turgid ,dire and shit and that's being kind to Bruce !

The difference is we were under real transition with RDM and until about 7 or 8 games in, the football under RDM was actually pretty good. We were comfortably the better team in most games and it was a lack of finishing or a shakey defence that was letting us down.

None of that context applies here. We're not in transition, the manager has been here for months and has his own squad. 
We're not playing well. I was encouraged by the Hull performance to be honest, but the last two have been as bad as I've ever seeen.

And most importantly, we don't have the luxury of time. We need to go up. And the longer we wait to sack Bruce, the harder it is for the next guy.

I can't believe how quickly I've turned on this. But that's what performances at that level do to you.

Bruce has to go. And he has to go now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I fear that Wyness (& Round) maybe waiting for Bruce to resign so they (if the appointment was their recommendation) dont have to suffer the embarassment and the good Dr has to compensate.

So Bruce, are you in it for the money? or your dignity and honour? that lovely guy you are

I agree, but he won't go - to be fair I think he really believes that he can still succeed - you need that kind of mindset to do the job. I think he's a decent bloke but needs to be helped to the door. If they give him Norwich I think we are writing off promotion prospects after four games

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant believe they have not sacked him uet

They might have done, but we'll not hear anything before 9am and even then probably not until lunchtime.

Not that I think he'll go, though I hope does.

Edited by Ginko

Why did he use o hare in the u23 and leave him out of the 18 when the bench was lacking in creative players ? 

Why was hutton brought on as sub when Bruce had his £4m signing bree on the bench ? 

Tactics , selections, formations , training , man management , motivation - there are serious questions about all of these things under Bruce - this has to end now in his departure today - no point waiting another week .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The difference is we were under real transition with RDM and until about 7 or 8 games in, the football under RDM was actually pretty good. We were comfortably the better team in most games and it was a lack of finishing or a shakey defence that was letting us down.

None of that context applies here. We're not in transition, the manager has been here for months and has his own squad. 
We're not playing well. I was encouraged by the Hull performance to be honest, but the last two have been as bad as I've ever seeen.

And most importantly, we don't have the luxury of time. We need to go up. And the longer we wait to sack Bruce, the harder it is for the next guy.

I can't believe how quickly I've turned on this. But that's what performances at that level do to you.

Bruce has to go. And he has to go now.

The problem is under RDM we played decent football and could not win, we were 19th at the time. Furthermore after RDM wasted 20m on Tish, Elphick and McCormack I would be concerned what other lame players he would bring in.

For me RDM had to go and Bruce has built a good side he just has no idea how the hell to get them to play football. It looks like to me Bruce has lost the dressing room.

The worrying thing for me is that he is talking about signing another striker which suggests he is going nowhere 

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I fear that Wyness (& Round) maybe waiting for Bruce to resign so they (if the appointment was their recommendation) dont have to suffer the embarassment and the good Dr doesnt have to compensate.

Disagree slightly mate. Whether he quits or is sacked is pretty much irrelevant. He was their man and he has failed. Bruce quitting should not shield them from that point. 

Â