Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We could even try this new fangled "keep possession and pass the ball" malarky. You never know it might just work!

Bruce's comments about when you go to Reading you know they are going to have the ball condemns him in my eyes. It's not like going to Barca or Arsenal. Yes, they, Brentford and others play football. That shouldn't mean you just go and set up to let them have the ball and play deep and hope for the best. We have bought a shed load of good footballers for this level and had less than a third of the ball. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Thats absolutely embarassing from bruce. Jt signing of course we expect a challange at least also thw fact you blew 20m in January.

Full of utter shit just trying to cover his arse

Bruce out

I don't know the full circumstances of Newcastles poor start to last season but I would be Interested to know if they lost narrowly and the fans could see the plan and that things were coming together or if they looked absolutely clueless and were being comprehensively outplayed. 

• Like 1

So Bruce says that because Newcastle lost 2 games at the start and went up we can too ? Utter bollocks - Newcastle had Benitez and we have a clueless fool in charge - they were unlucky in both games and we were shit and totally outplayed - he is delusional - get rid now or it's too late - we are already 8 points off the top 3 .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Bruce's comments about when you go to Reading you know they are going to have the ball condemns him in my eyes. It's not like going to Barca or Arsenal. Yes, they, Brentford and others play football. That shouldn't mean you just go and set up to let them have the ball and play deep and hope for the best. We have bought a shed load of good footballers for this level and had less than a third of the ball. Ridiculous.

We are Aston villa - he sets us up to be afraid of everyone like a frightened rabbit and  there is such a negativity about everything he does .

we should take the game to teams not play for a draw at places like reading and Cardiff 

• Like 1

Just read his comments again.

I can't remember a more disrespectful and insulting set of comments from a manager before. 

Actually mind blowing he's had the balls to say some of the things he said. 

Every hour that passes I'm become more and more angry at Xia. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was hoping to wake up to him having resigned, but he actually seemed quite chipper in the post-game interview.  Hopefully Tony sacks him but the resulting negative media reaction again will be unbearable.

I looked this morning and was expecting something, but it was all positive talk etc.

I didn't think Bruce would unravel this quickly into the season or this badly. I'd say most Villa fans after the way we finished last year were sceptical he would be able to get us up as the football was that bad but we needed a summer of stability and personally I thought with that we'd look a better more organised and a more cohesive team. That's not happened. I cant see him turning this around now. 23 passes in a half of football is a joke if that stat is true. His comments after the game bare no resemblance of what we watched.The players look like strangers how can he change that when we play every 3/4'days? Can anyone who wants Bruce to stay give me any positive reasons as to why he should? Not there's no one out there or we can't  keep starting again. To me we are worse off now than when RDM got the push. Any decent manager could do better with our sqaud. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We are Aston villa - he sets us up to be afraid of everyone like a frightened rabbit and  there is such a negativity about everything he does .

we should take the game to teams not play for a draw at places like reading and Cardiff 

Cardiff are too physical and Reading are too good with the ball when can we play someone like us who don't run don't pass don't tackle have no shape or tactics and a dinosaur of a manager that can't think in game. It's not fair. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I looked this morning and was expecting something, but it was all positive talk etc.

I turned his interview off when he was mentioning how unlucky the goal was and it changed the game, when we were really getting royally dicked on, yet again.

Â