Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I can't believe before this game people were saying he needs 3 games more. He's chopped and changed the team and formation every game this season where the team today was closer to what we started with and what was the point of bringing in De Laet back from injury ahead of Bree

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Well, they got him nailed (apart from the muppets who say he is not given a chance because of his Birmingham City connections)

In fairness, I think they're saying that in reference to the idea that Bruce wasn't given a chance at Sunderland due to his Newcastle roots.

It's so hard to be objective with football / your own club.

Preseason - I was feeling optimistic - strong squad, hardened manager ready to lead us to promotion. I think I was seeing through the shortcomings of last season - basically solidity when he joined, then one good run (backed by average performances).

Now it seems pretty clear - we somehow look woefully underprepared, with very little plan and no sign of improvement. I'm sure we'd be a lot more forgiving of the results if we saw flashes of good, or a plan starting to develop...but if anything our performances seem to get worse as panic kicks in. 

In a short space of time I've gone from thinking we could really challenge this season, to now seeing no improvement, and frankly there's no excuse. I don't understand the argument of giving 'time' just for the sake of it - we've got time (and the players) to salvage the season if we act quickly. 

I backed him, thought he would succeed - but absolutely cannot see that happening now. So let's get the next guy in...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In fairness, I think they're saying that in reference to the idea that Bruce wasn't given a chance at Sunderland due to his Newcastle roots.

Ah, I see. Nothing to do with him being shit then?

So far we have apparently accumulated 56 points from Bruce's 40 games in charge. Considering you need about 80 points to make the Top 6 I'm not sure bringing in Whelan and Terry is going to get us anywhere near that, especially as we are worse than last season already.

I'm just fed up with seeing clubs like Wolves, Fulham and Huddersfield seemingly knowing exactly what they want and going and getting it. I can't remember the last time any other fans were jealous of us because of who we had in charge.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So far we have apparently accumulated 56 points from Bruce's 40 games in charge. Considering you need about 80 points to make the Top 6 I'm not sure bringing in Whelan and Terry is going to get us anywhere near that, especially as we are worse than last season already.

I'm just fed up with seeing clubs like Wolves, Fulham and Huddersfield seemingly knowing exactly what they want and going and getting it. I can't remember the last time any other fans were jealous of us because of who we had in charge.

Why do we keep buying players that haven't kicked a ball barely the previous season for their previous clubs so damaged goods. De Laet Elphick Taylor etc etc

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

If it wasn't for woeful Elphick he would've got that time and we'd probably be much better off

You may well be right, except he can't dodge the fact that he bought Elphick and made him captain. Oh and forgot to buy is a midfield. I'm still happy to give you we could be better off than we are now. In fact if my 3 year old daughter was in charge we couldn't be worse off and everyone would love her post match interviews. They'd make more sense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from the game and seen his post match interview. He's watched a different game to the one I saw - he's a dead man walking. Reading are a team made up of mostly journeymen and they have played us off the park tonight.

If we don't make a change very quickly our season will be over.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

At least with RDM you could genuinely say we were unlucky to draw some of those games, we've just been awful so far.

And at least with RDM it was clear we had a game plan; albeit one that only lasted 45 mins but for the first half of most of the games underneath his tenure we smashed teams to pieces and created a hat full of opportunities. Our lack of midfield meant we were soft and allowed too much pressure onto our defence. But we played some excellent stuff at times under RDM. With Bruce you could see from his very first game just how dour we suddenly became. Yes we got a draw (and we're lucky to get that) but it was the most thoughtless and dire performance from a Villa side. 

He's way out of his depth and as much as I'm craving stability it has to be with the right man in charge. We have the players to be very competitive in this league but we have a manager with no ability to apply a style of play to suit those players (which he bought). He has to go; whether now or in a week, or a month he needs to go because there's no signs he can get anything from this team. 

• Like 3

I am done. We are showing no signs of improvement and he seems completely clueless. We are 2-0 down and he decides to use up a substitution changing right backs.

How he has got 4 promotions from this division is beyond me. 

I don't know who the right man is, but Bruce has not brought any style whatsoever. 

If he is not removed within the next 24 hours, then I do not believe the club actually want promotion!

Just get rid of him, he is just a liability now. His influence on the team is more negative than positive. Let either Clemence or McDonald take over as caretaker until we find someone permanent.

Anything besides keeping Bruce beyond tomorrow is a step forward.

Â