Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The guy is demented.

Infuriating we could have been 3-0 down before they even scored

also to his point about mistakes you should be enduring we don't make this **** mistakes and also capitalise on errors like green who bottled it once again

I am no fan of Steve Bruce, but thought he would have enough about him at this level to get us challenging for promotion. He seems pretty clueless though, and I think the job is too big for him. He has always struck me as someone who is good at passing the blame.

It used to make me laugh when he managed other teams that his MOTD interviews always used to start, I am not one to make excuses but.......

I thought he deserved some time, but this has been a disastrous start to the season, and there are not any of the results you could point to as unlucky. I think his time here is almost over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I am no fan of Steve Bruce, but thought he would have enough about him at this level to get us challenging for promotion. He seems pretty clueless though, and I think the job is too big for him. He has always struck me as someone who is good at passing the blame.

It used to make me laugh when he managed other teams that his MOTD interviews always used to start, I am not one to make excuses but.......

I thought he deserved some time, but this has been a disastrous start to the season, and there are not any of the results you could point to as unlucky. I think his time here is almost over.

Every fan of other clubs repeatedly tell me he will guarantee promotion. 

Even today I was told this. 

Bet I'm not tomorrow though even after all the sniggering has stopped. 

Under-fire Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce insists he is the man to turn the club’s fortunes around and believes John Terry’s signing got people carried away.

Villa – who were touted as strong promotion favourites ahead of the season’s start – have had a tough start to the campaign after picking up just one point in their opening three games.

Reading were the latest team to dispatch the Villans on Tuesday night, as they triumphed 2-1 at the Madjeski Stadium, and some fans are already starting to turn on Bruce.

The former Hull City manager was particularly damning after Saturday’s dire 3-0 loss to Cardiff City as he questioned the character of his side and admitted he was struggling to find the right balance – despite being in the job since October.

However, after the latest defeat Bruce admits people’s perceptions and anticipations may have skyrocketed to unrealistic levels following the signing of Chelsea legend Terry.

“We obviously signed JT, people have got carried away with the euphoria of it all,” Bruce said after the Reading loss.

“We are where we are and I’m convinced I’m the right one to turn it round.

“There’s still obviously a load of work to be done but judge us when all the players are fit and ready and at the minute we are having a tough time.

“We’ve had a tough start – Newcastle had a tough start last year – we have to batton down the hatches, still believe in what we are doing and get that win which will obviously give everyone a lift.

Bruce also highlighted how the club’s recent turmoil should be taken into account when assessing their current struggles.

And he reaffirmed that he has the experience and the know-how to get them going in the right direction once more.

“The club has been in constant change round in every transfer window for the past five or six – there is no denying that,” Bruce added.

“I can’t control that, of course, as I said at the top of the interview I’ve done it before and given time I will turn it round.

“At the minute we are all disappointed with it but that’s where we are so we have to accept it, take the flak that comes your way in getting beat these days, and that’s what any manager of a club like ours has to put up with.

“I’m not shy in my belief that we will turn it round and we will make a fist of it.”

https://talksport.com/football/im-right-one-turn-it-around-steve-bruce-believes-he-man-aston-villa-and-says-john-terrys?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Â