Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate over reactions to a league cup game in terrestrial rain with a second 11. That we won!!! What are you going do hey?

The get the **** out comment might be an over reaction but the general unhappiness over a pretty poor performance? Think it's fair personally

still saw nothing tonight to suggest Bruce has properly got hold of this team and has them well drilled playing how he wants them to, so that's how many games last season, pre season and 2 games this season, not sure how many he gets before he can be criticised for it

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The get the **** out comment might be an over reaction but the general unhappiness over a pretty poor performance? Think it's fair personally

still saw nothing tonight to suggest Bruce has properly got hold of this team and has them well drilled playing how he wants them to, so that's how many games last season, pre season and 2 games this season, not sure how many he gets before he can be criticised for it

I suppose the extreme ones although few in number tend to stand out. 

I think he gets 5-10 league games to be honest.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

still saw nothing tonight to suggest Bruce has properly got hold of this team and has them well drilled playing how he wants them to

2 games, 2 teams used. Manager rotates squad successfully shocker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

It's the manner of the victory.

Blose spanked a league 2 side last night 5 - 1.

Best Bruce could manage was scraping a 2 - 1 win with help from an OG from the opposing team.

Not really good enough is it considering our aspirations are to get promoted this season and we can't even put away a league two side comfortably.

What the actual **** :crylaugh:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Interesting analysis of the first game by Dan Hayes, that might put some new thoughts in the heads of some.......seems like he had some second thoughts on Steve Bruce.

My intention with this is to look at how Steve Bruce’s Aston Villa play from an aesthetic and functional point of view.

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2017/8/8/16111776/talking-tactics-lies-damned-lies

......thoughts?

Or else lipstick on a pig

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rotating the team should be fairly easy seeing as we don't actually have any tactics...

well considering the team is predominantly over 30 or under 20 its not surprising so much rotation is employed.

3 hours ago, vreitti said:

That's actually more delighting than the win.

I think the Villa fans who hate him played their part in the push, lol. Fair play.

I really wanted him to do well here, young, black South American guy with a cool name, turns out football doesn't work like the movies unfortunately,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the Villa fans who hate him played their part in the push, lol. Fair play.

I really wanted him to do well here, young, black South American guy with a cool name, turns out football doesn't work like the movies unfortunately,

This is the first time I've thought about his name... and although I did initially think hmm JV's right it is a cool name, it then dawned on me his name is a hybrid of Bacon and Tuna, all of a sudden it became not so cool.

• Haha 2

Â