Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce doing well against the big teams.

I wish we would follow suit

I think it's more important to be able to beat the teams around you rather than get points against the big teams. But would definitely be nice to add that to our game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Annoyingly it seems to be working for Newcastle...

Some thought they were poor at our place.....I think it was more to do with us playing well.

Man City have lost that edge.....I think Kompany is being Missed, you lose that core, that rock, that teams are built on.....Fernandinho is great, but he's a DM for me not a CB.....Stones is Iffy.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some thought they were poor at our place.....I think it was more to do with us playing well.

Man City have lost that edge.....I think Kompany is being Missed, you lose that core, that rock, that teams are built on.....Fernandinho is great, but he's a DM for me not a CB.....Stones is Iffy.

Agreed about City, they definitely looked a shadow of their former selves - unable to beat even a stereotypical godawful Bruceball performance.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Man City had 77% possession, 24 shots of which 9 were on target

Newcastle had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals

The result says a lot more about city than it does about Newcastle, they've again been battered and snatched something 

This tactic has worked way more than usual so far this season which means they're going to stick with it come rain or shine. They are going to go on a terrible run eventually. As we all know, it won't hold up.

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

If their front 3 had managed more than 1 goal between them in 14 games there is a very good chance they would be sat in at least 5th tonight

No idea why they never play Gayle. Only proven goalscorer among the lot. This is like the 5th PL manager in a row to do the same though so there must be somthing there.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This tactic has worked way more than usual so far this season which means they're going to stick with it come rain or shine. They are going to go on a terrible run eventually. As we all know, it won't hold up.

Yeah that’s exactly right. Seeing Newcastle with Bruce is exactly what happened at Villa, sometimes these games go your way but over the course of a season playing with 40% possession or less every game and a very defensive setup just doesn’t win you games long term, with points on the board you put up with the poor football but when the points dry up...

Took Newcastle seventeen games last season to reach the sixteen points that they have after fourteen games this season. He's doing a better job than most expected so far, but if Norwich win tomorrow which really wouldn't surpise as it would be typical of Arsenal then they will only be three points clear of bottom three.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Took Newcastle seventeen games last season to reach the sixteen points that they have after fourteen games this season. He's doing a better job than most expected so far, but if Norwich win tomorrow which really wouldn't surpise as it would be typical of Arsenal then they will only be three points clear of bottom three.

Yes he’s doing ok. Some poor performances like at villa and Leicester but some great results as well. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes he’s doing ok. Some poor performances like at villa and Leicester but some great results as well. 

good results but no progress. Newcastle fans dont watch them thinking Bruce has a plan never mind long term. He is a poor mans McLeish when comes to that stuff

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They're getting **** battered. 25% possession, 1 shot on target, and Sheffield have created several good chances and just can't finish. He keeps getting away with this shit.

The wheels will come off eventually. Probably in his second season. His "style" of football simply isn't sustainable. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

They're getting **** battered. 25% possession, 1 shot on target, and Sheffield have created several good chances and just can't finish. He keeps getting away with this shit.

It might be **** to watch....but when you want points it has an effect.

The upshot is....you play like us and win friends, but don't win matches.

I love the way we play and don't want to give it up....but **** me I wished we could play a bit ugly on occasions and gain points.

Â