Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Bruce threw the first barb. He got a lot more rope than many other Villa managers including Smith 

Are you for real?

You actually think that Bruce 'started' the war of words, you don't think it was all over social media and fan forums from the day he joined.

Get a grip man ffs.

There's not a manager alive that would have kept that team up, that was Lerner's doing not the manager

And like I said Bruce is a different kind of poor manager, I'm not saying garde was good! Just that I have more sympathy for him, Bruce just pissed me off and still does, probably will until the day he finally gets found out and struggles to get a top flight job, everything about him annoys me

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Based on him being shit, wasting the chance of a lifetime and almost destroying this club, being a mammoth bell-end to the fans all whilst proclaiming what a nice guy he is. Add to that the twaddle he spouted before the game about how unfairly he was treated and really wanted to beat us. But don't let that stop your Brucie love-in eh?

i wasnt gonna respond...but fine i'll bite. bruce did not sanction the transfer fees and wages, xia and wyness did. so no, he did not nearly destroy the club. he aimed a few little jibes back in responses to some absolutely disgusting abuse he received by our so called fans, including piss take about his weight and using his parents' deaths as an excuse for why he should step down...but boo **** hoo snowflakes like you cannot bear it when such dialogue goes both ways. he was well within his right to stick 2 fingers up to the abusers when his side responded with a good win.

oh and it was hardly a keegan "i would LOVE it if we beat them" - you have clearly ignored his quotes about how he had a great 2 years, and what a great club this is

he was dismissed at the right time, but i hold no animosity towards him and i do give him credit for the rebuild he did in the summer of '18....how very dare i

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i wasnt gonna respond...but fine i'll bite. bruce did not sanction the transfer fees and wages, xia and wyness did.

So when he brought up the fee for McGinn and Hourihane before and after yesterdays game he did it because he wanted to praise Xia and Wyness?

He didn't have millions to spend but the club spent £80-90m on wages/season in the Championship.

He looks out for number one, no shame in that. But lets not pretend that he doesn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He had dogs abuse aimed at him. Yes he sniped back, but can hardly blame him or hold it against him. People seem to forget that players and managers are human.

No he didn't. That season I sat 10ft away from his technical area, up until the last game he received no abuse what so ever.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No he didn't. That season I sat 10ft away from his technical area, up until the last game he received no abuse what so ever.

he said himself that he had read the forums + twitter...he knew of all the abuse online before it materialised at the ground in the form of a cabbage

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can’t argue with you because I wasn’t sat there but having been a villa fan for 30+ years and having been to VP countless times during that period I really find that hard to believe.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

he said himself that he had read the forums + twitter...he knew of all the abuse online before it materialised at the ground in the form of a cabbage

And that's why he had his son Alex create a VT account :D 

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Manager in getting abuse on internet forums shocker. He wasn't personally getting abused was he, there was no abuse directed at him.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can’t argue with you because I wasn’t sat there but having been a villa fan for 30+ years and having been to VP countless times during that period I really find that hard to believe.

Exactly. I saw and heard with my own eyes and ears constant abuse at games. Then online its was multiplied and far more personal. This is a guy who didn't desert us even when both of his parents died despite how he was being treated.

People aren't keen on his style of play, sure I get it. But to say that it was all him, or he started it (yes it does sound that childish) is frankly crazy.

• Like 1

Post game interview, nothing outlandish or wrong really. Do like his final line thou, somewhat familiar.

When asked about the fans - who made their unhappiness known at the end - Bruce said: “They make it the club it is.

“It is fantastic support and they were there in their thousands. We have tried hard but we weren’t good enough.

“Until the free-kick, there was nothing in the game.

"We have to roll our sleeves up and get ready for it.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-newcastle-united-werent-17315921

This idea that people were giving him abuse around the time is parents passed away doesn't ring true as we were actually doing okay during that period, on the whole given the squad we had relative to everyone else whe probably should have been doing better, as in challenging for top two rather than top six, but Bruce wasn't getting abuse because of it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

What's wrong with that last line?

Nothing wrong, it's his catchphrase.

Like Mighty Mouse and his "Here I come to save the day". Or  "I have a cunning plan" by Baldrick

Edit. Or everyones favorite from Lambert "we go again"

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i wasnt gonna respond...but fine i'll bite. bruce did not sanction the transfer fees and wages, xia and wyness did. so no, he did not nearly destroy the club. he aimed a few little jibes back in responses to some absolutely disgusting abuse he received by our so called fans, including piss take about his weight and using his parents' deaths as an excuse for why he should step down...but boo **** hoo snowflakes like you cannot bear it when such dialogue goes both ways. he was well within his right to stick 2 fingers up to the abusers when his side responded with a good win.

oh and it was hardly a keegan "i would LOVE it if we beat them" - you have clearly ignored his quotes about how he had a great 2 years, and what a great club this is

he was dismissed at the right time, but i hold no animosity towards him and i do give him credit for the rebuild he did in the summer of '18....how very dare i

With the funds at his disposal and the players he signed, with the time he was given he should have got us promoted. As Dean Smith proved.

If you honestly believe that the players bought in were nothing to do with Brice then you are deluded. They are typical break the bank journeyman that Bruce has signed his whole career,  and left pretty much every club he has managed with a mess to clean up. The players and wages signed under him were what broke the bank and nearly destroyed the club. Yes Wyness and Xia deserve a lot of the blame but to absolve Bruce as some sort of uninvolved innocent is laughable.

Who is a boo hoo snowflake? Seems to me the ones leaping to their heroes defence are the boo hoos around here. 

The point is, when you have a dig at the fans you lose any respect that they had for you, particularly when you arrogantly refuse to admit you are wrong (I mean who could we get to manage us that is better, if only there was someone....)

For example,  McCleish was a terrible manager but he was always respectful to the fans and professional, for that he gets a LOT of respect. Nice guy Bruce showed his true colours. 

Cannot believe the support he still gets on here. Amazing. Oddly enough those supporting him are by and large the ones who have been very critical of Smith from the off. Very strange that.

Â