Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Nice just because I am not prepared to ignore the good Bruce did and I refuse to slag him off because I have moved on I must be Alex Bruce. 

It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic 

Its an opinion, so it will never be resolved.

I am happy to be talking about Dean Smith now, as opposed to Steve Bruce, but its the Steve Bruce thread.

I am bamboozled at the opinion, that we were no better, when he left, we just missed out on a play off place and finished 4th, with a creditable amount of goals for.

The money he spent is no more an issue either way, than it is for Dean Smith.

He has sinced left and not done much wrong in terms of results with his other clubs. Newcastle is early days.

It matters not what is written about him a case can be made to suit both arguments.

We have a more suitable manager now, lets just be grateful for that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

An embarrassment of a premier league manager. What the hell was that from Newcastle?

Ah, I know what it was. Exactly what I saw almost every game from Villa, and we were in the division below. Absolutely no plan, just hope individuals can do something.

Longer he stays there, more chance we stay up as it means there's one more weak side in the league.

• Like 2

Newcastle were as poor as any side I've seen us play in recent times. Absolutely toothless upfront.

Bruce steadied our sinking ship and then got us to the cusp of the big time leaving Smith a good platform to push on from. It certainly wasn't pretty and there were bad times in there too but there are a few things to be thankful for (like as has been mentioned, bargain of the century SJM).

Edited by Genie

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I am so happy we 

1) sacked this dick

2) beat him when he came back

Worst manager in our history

Even in recent times, how can you say he was worse than RDM or Garde?

I know people don't like him for his comments about supporters attitudes towards him but still, you have to be realistic. It wasn't all bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, andym said:

Questioning whether the foul on jack that led to the 1st goal was actually a free kick lol

I was surprised there wasn't a card for it, without that shove he was through on goal.

Â