Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but remember this is Bruce. 

Every single thing he does is bad, that’s how it works

What is good about this?

I can see why he'd take it. It doesn't change the fact its a pretty shit way to treat the club that hired him. Or the things he's said and how he's said it. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What is good about this?

I can see why he'd take it. It doesn't change the fact its a pretty shit way to treat the club that hired him. Or the things he's said and how he's said it. 

He’s been offered his dream job and he’s taken it.

It’s not great for Sheff We’d but it’s not exactly a bad thing is it? He hasn’t gone about it the wrong way or done anything underhanded. 

But yet again according to VT it’s the worst thing he could have done. 

Its just funny now :D

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s been offered his dream job and he’s taken it.

It’s not great for Sheff We’d but it’s not exactly a bad thing is it? He hasn’t gone about it the wrong way or done anything underhanded. 

But yet again according to VT it’s the worst thing he could have done. 

Its just funny now :D

Maybe not underhanded - but would you say he comes out of this with any credit ? No me neither 

I am not sure what the fascination is anymore.

We have so much to look forward to and discuss with our own people and squad its a wonder we have time for anyone else.

Its just tickle tackle now.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure what the fascination is anymore.

We have so much to look forward to and discuss with our own people and squad its a wonder we have time for anyone else.

Its just tickle tackle now.

Tittle-tattle, surely?

Tickle tackle is more like this -

C0ED690F-B037-4440-9484-8D98B6FC6D26.jpeg

• Haha 1

I don’t think there’s a manager in the Championship who wouldn’t take the Newcastle job if offered it right now. 

But because Bruce takes it he’s a bad person. 

Like I said, it’s just funny now 😂

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think there’s a manager in the Championship who wouldn’t take the Newcastle job if offered it right now. 

Well, given your posts that defended the car crash of the job he made here, I'm not surprised to see the continued defence of him now. What is funny is the people that STILL support and defend him. It is utterly utterly astonishing. 

It's not the taking the job, its the hypocrisy, the treatment of the clubs that employ him and his utter disdain for the fans - all whilst wearing the "nice guy" narrative and bemoaning how he is unfairly treated at every turn, then banging on about the loyalty of fans and players whilst displaying absolutely none himself. The man is a sycophant and a hypocrite and for some reason gullible fools buy into it. The sooner he and his ilk are out of football management for good, the better for the sport. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, given your posts that defended the car crash of the job he made here, I'm not surprised to see the continued defence of him now. What is funny is the people that STILL support and defend him. It is utterly utterly astonishing. 

It's not the taking the job, its the hypocrisy, the treatment of the clubs that employ him and his utter disdain for the fans - all whilst wearing the "nice guy" narrative and bemoaning how he is unfairly treated at every turn, then banging on about the loyalty of fans and players whilst displaying absolutely none himself. The man is a sycophant and a hypocrite and for some reason gullible fools buy into it. The sooner he and his ilk are out of football management for good, the better for the sport. 

Absolutely this. And as you say it's really no surprise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You really are missing the point here - by a country mile at the very least.

• Like 1

He did he's best at our club and it didn't work out. We were one game away from getting promoted under him.

I don't get the hate towards him.

I will wish him best of luck if he get's the Newcastle job.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't understand why Newcastle are offering him the job? I know they're in a pretty shit situation but surely it'd be worth just taking a punt on some relative unknown at this point?

I suspect it is reputation - the supposed safe pair of hands narrative that the media keep pushing - my thoughts are that Ashley is probably just trying to keep them afloat in the prem until he can sell them and thinks Bruce is one of the managers that could achieve that (notably not first choice though). Couple of issues with that plan though:

1. Ashley hasn't been able to sell them so far - I guess asking too much? Laugh at Newcastle as we do, ultimately they are a big historic club with a good stadium and a large fanbase. Plenty of potential there - you would think someone would buy them.

2. Bruce has not managed in the prem for a number of years, things have moved on. In the Championship he has not been able to "work his magic" so the assumption that he will be able to keep them up in the prem is flawed at best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Bruce has not managed in the prem for a number of years, things have moved on.

Meanwhile Sean Dyche and Burnley are still going strong with his so called outdated football. And i don't see them getting relegated anytime soon.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Prentend it's Tim in this position and you'll enjoy it just as much. You'll see how funny it is.

Why doesn't he walk out on Wednesday to go to his dream job?

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

You’ve not read many of my posts then if you think I’ve defended the job he did here. I might have said it’s not as bad as some people make out, which it isn’t, but I don’t think he did a very good job. 

And none of your post addresses my point. Think of him what you will, but I don’t think taking this job when any other manager in husband position would do the same is a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He did he's best at our club and it didn't work out. We were one game away from getting promoted under him.

I don't get the hate towards him.

I will wish him best of luck if he get's the Newcastle job.

Hmmmmmmm, One game away..... again with this crap. With the resources at his disposal we should have been autos, not in the play offs and in the playoffs we put in the most gutless, cowardly performance you can imagine. It's not like we lost to an unlucky goal. We scraped past Boro and didn't try to win the final. All down to the manager and his tactics.

Tactics which will most likely see Newcastle relegated.

You have been very supportive of Bruce throughout and still, yet I read your posts on Smith (the man who actually DID get us promoted - from arguably a worse position) and they are mostly negative and doubtful. 

I don't get the support for Bruce and the negativity you have shown previously to Smith. Very odd.

If he does go to Newcastle then it will be a very luck escape for Sheffield. 

• Haha 1

Â