Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The 2 game thing is always just press talk. When are the owners going to tell a journalist the specificities of any potential sacking.

As I said before Bruce always seems to save himself just when it appears the bullet it about to be pulled. 

Its no coincidence that Alan Nickson ( is that his name?) has come out with the 2 game story, when our next 2 games are against the 2 bottom teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A crisp fresh Monday morning hopefully with a fresh start at VP. Fingers crossed today is the day where he gets told to finally **** off.

Edited by Ingram85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Junxs said:

Watched his full press conference on ITVs youtube channel, he said "I've been here 20 months" his 2 year anniversary is just around the corner for crying out loud, his calendar must only have 10 months! 

Perhaps for him, time stops between football seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

A crisp fresh Monday morning hopefully with a fresh start at VP. Fingers crossed today is the day where he gets told to finally **** off.

I think it would have happened by now.

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making my bruce out banner tonight to bring with me to the game tomorrow, i sit lower trinity so should get plenty of media attention and bruce should see it!

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will get a further 2 games - don't really see the point - what if he wins one and draws one. Whoever the manager I think its too far gone - not many recover from this - I don't think he has the personnel to plug the gaps (GK & CB) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A draw tomorrow and a defeat at Millwall will see him gone. We may win tomorrow, but we will bottle it at Millwall with them in our face, and their fans on our back. I reckon this time next week he will be gone. He’s not going to walk, but I honestly think he wants out. One thing I am intrigued about, is what he will say when he does get the boot. No doubt will have a sly dig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2018 at 09:19, turvontour said:

I dont agree with the first paragraph.

Surely the owners aim isnt for us to avoid relegation this season? Theyll have looked at the playing personnel, wages, last seasons points etc and be aiming for min playoffs?

Theyre not just thinking, oh great, another draw, another point on the board. That would be a club like Rotherhams attitude.

I say it because the owners are new, because of our position last season, what players left us and the statement and certain words that Naz and Wes came out with. I mean when the owners sound like they are backing bruce by saying that this season is going to be tough, there will be ups and downs, that we mite also be in this league next season, certain words they said early on into this season makes you wonder about what they are ready to settle for this season.

Time will tell on it all anyway, but I think while they are culling staff, sorting out the club's from within to suit future plans, this is the picture they paint for this season for me. There is also the fact as to why hasn't bruce been given the boot yet, if this was a promotion push, he would of been gone already, I think that the owners maybe willing to settle for another season in this league as this season is used for the sorting out of aston villa from the ground up.

I think that if Bruce can make a push happen then the owners will of course be over the moon,  but as I said above if it doesn't happen I think that bruce won't go anywhere for a bit untill they have there rite candidate, the owners will also settle for us being mid table if that's how it looks at the end, but that's just my view.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The 2 game thing is always just press talk. When are the owners going to tell a journalist the specificities of any potential sacking.

As I said before Bruce always seems to save himself just when it appears the bullet it about to be pulled. 

Its no coincidence that Alan Nickson ( is that his name?) has come out with the 2 game story, when our next 2 games are against the 2 bottom teams.

Its international break after the next 2 games.  Its when most clubs wield the axe.  I also expect Mourhino to get the chop after this weekends game as well.  Makes total logical sense and press are just putting 2 & 2 together.

I've a friend who is privy to some info at times and he was adamant it would be the next international break when he gets the boot.  It was when i was talking to him before the last international break came up and i was sure he would go then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Its international break after the next 2 games.  Its when most clubs wield the axe.  I also expect Mourhino to get the chop after this weekends game as well.  Makes total logical sense and press are just putting 2 & 2 together.

I've a friend who is privy to some info at times and he was adamant it would be the next international break when he gets the boot.  It was when i was talking to him before the last international break came up and i was sure he would go then.

he isnt going anywhere unless the owners have a replacement lined up IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce is extremely lucky that these 2 games before the international break are winnable. I can see us taking 4 points, in which case he won't be sacked. 

If we was to play half decent teams, then one pasting from a Derby, Tesco, Leeds would have seen him gone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce In: In Steve We Trust

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm half Irish, too. 

If I'd been fully Irish, I'd have been a wit, but... 

I wanted to be half Afro Carribbean.....the lower half.

just kidding of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate "2 games to save his job". Not for Bruce, for anyone.

What is realistically going to happen in 2 games?

Unless we suddenly smash the next 2 teams 5-0 then nothing really changes.
Will two 1-0 victories suddenly make him the right choice?

 

I don't get it.

I kinda suspect it's just a stalling tactic to allow them to find a replacement...

Agreed, press speculation about how long he’s got and who the club are looking at is largely nonsense. The board I’m sure will be happy to let this kind of thing act as a smoke screen while they get on with whatever their real plans are. 

There were growing links to Peter Kenyon for CEO just a couple of weeks before Purslow was brought on board. Mainly twaddle and not a lot else, as usual from the click bait press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wanted to be half Afro Carribbean.....the lower half.

just kidding of course.

You probably are about half an Afro Caribbean in that department ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Bruce is extremely lucky that these 2 games before the international break are winnable. I can see us taking 4 points, in which case he won't be sacked. 

If we was to play half decent teams, then one pasting from a Derby, Tesco, Leeds would have seen him gone. 

 

We could go out and do a Wolves and Bristol at home last season in each of the games, won't change my mind. Has to go. End of.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRO said:

I wanted to be half Afro Carribbean.....the lower half.

just kidding of course.

You wanted Gary Coleman's legs?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â