Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We never put our boots on and we got beat. But that's what the Championship is, you know. We've just got to batten down the hatches and roll up our sleeves. We'll be a lot better next time I can promise you, and we'll be there or thereabouts and in the mix come March I'm sure.

God that makes me itch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

I have been a football fan and a Villa fan for a very long time. Every single instinct I sense says that Dean Smith must be appointed Villa manager this week, or we will slither into year 4 in the Chumpionship.

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a patient man. Some might say too patient. However today I have run out of patience with Bruce. 

I was a big fan of him last year and was convinced we would go up, even going into the Play Off Final. The 'performance' or lack of, that day, still makes me angry. 

He kept his job in the summer due to the uncertainly and he has been backed by the new owners. The lack of a decent defence/goalkeeper is criminal now. Its no good keep flooding the team with expensive attackers if we look like conceding every time we lose the ball. Our general performances this season have been poor, including the wins. Today was a **** insult. 

He doesn't seem to know his strongest team and is now playing players out of position. Plus every player still here from last season, Kodija aside, is performing at many levels below what they were. How has that been allowed to happen? McGinn and El Ghazi have been the only bright spots in recent weeks. 

Let's get Dean Smith in. At least he seems able to get a team to play football. 

**** Villa ruining another Saturday. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm a patient man. Some might say too patient. However today I have run out of patience with Bruce. 

I was a big fan of him last year and was convinced we would go up, even going into the Play Off Final. The 'performance' or lack of, that day, still makes me angry. 

He kept his job in the summer due to the uncertainly and he has been backed by the new owners. The lack of a decent defence/goalkeeper is criminal now. Its no good keep flooding the team with expensive attackers if we look like conceding every time we lose the ball. Our general performances this season have been poor, including the wins. Today was a **** insult. 

He doesn't seem to know his strongest team and is now playing players out of position. Plus every player still here from last season, Kodija aside, is performing at many levels below what they were. How has that been allowed to happen? McGinn and El Ghazi have been the only bright spots in recent weeks. 

Let's get Dean Smith in. At least he seems able to get a team to play football. 

**** Villa ruining another Saturday. 

This I agree with. My only worry is whoever comes in will fail too. We’ve had such bad luck as a club. What with managers and signing etc. Time for a change none the less!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I still back bruce.

I think he's been playing russian roulette with the owners to get Terry back by throwing this game to highlight the fact we need centre halfs.

Then he is an utter clown that does not deserve to be at this club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

They are all risks. Really. It's nice what you listed off there but Aston Villa haven't acted like a big club in a long long time now. And even when we had those successes you listed we did it with very hard work and humility. Everyone hated playing the Villa. I don't get giddy or impressed by a big name who carries himself well and is impressive in the media. I don't care for that. What i like about Smith even though I'd be as skeptical as the next guy, is he is involved in training. Improves players. Coaches them. They play as a unit. I look at what he does on the grass and I'm impressed. Of course I'm worried he might not command the respect of our big players ( who might i add have actually like Smith won nothing either in the game ) But going with the impressive name like Henry for instance is equally as risky. Like the shiny toy at Christmas you get bored of in January. I think Smith's coaching may have more sustainability long term.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

All managerial appointments are a risk. Bruce was considered a low risk appointment, that's going well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm a patient man. Some might say too patient. However today I have run out of patience with Bruce. 

I was a big fan of him last year and was convinced we would go up, even going into the Play Off Final. The 'performance' or lack of, that day, still makes me angry. 

He kept his job in the summer due to the uncertainly and he has been backed by the new owners. The lack of a decent defence/goalkeeper is criminal now. Its no good keep flooding the team with expensive attackers if we look like conceding every time we lose the ball. Our general performances this season have been poor, including the wins. Today was a **** insult. 

He doesn't seem to know his strongest team and is now playing players out of position. Plus every player still here from last season, Kodija aside, is performing at many levels below what they were. How has that been allowed to happen? McGinn and El Ghazi have been the only bright spots in recent weeks. 

Let's get Dean Smith in. At least he seems able to get a team to play football. 

**** Villa ruining another Saturday. 

We are just so damn slow in everything we do.....thought and movement.

its so depressing to watch.

He has to move over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Well I’d taken it all pretty calmly - and in th3 game, I’ve still not joined in singing for him to go, etc, but I’ve just watched the first couple of minutes of the interview and he’s blaming his players again !!

Other than Kodja I saw no lack of effort. I saw players like headless chickens as I have many many times under Bruce because we have no coached system. And I lost track of how many players were not in their best position.

How he blames the players for that is beyond me, and how that can EVER be good management is doubtful.

Outrageous Bruce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

This I agree with. My only worry is whoever comes in will fail too. We’ve had such bad luck as a club. What with managers and signing etc. Time for a change none the less!

I know it is silly to say, but the last few years we seem to be cursed!

It will make the good times taste even better though (if they happen!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Bruce added: "Is there anybody better? I'm sure people are going to ring in and say 'yes there is', and if that's the case so be it."

Sounds to me like someone who knows they are out of their depth. I bet he's hoping to be paid off soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the highlights and it just reminded me of when we had Richards, lescott and cissokho defending, today on the highlights that defending and goalkeeping was absolutely shambolic, like conference vs premier league comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I really feel the need to challenge this. We are Aston Villa. Founder members of the league. European Cup winners. Until 2 years ago, premier league ever presents. We have massive support, wealthy owners, a brilliant stadium and huge expectations. What has Dean Smith ever done to suggest that he should get a chance? We really should be aiming much, much higher than this. We need somebody big enough to take on the challenge. Dean Smith would be a massive risk. Why take the risk?

Sorry but this is exactly the kind of thinking that limits us, none of that means anything in reality, literally nobody but us cares that we won a European cup 36 years ago. We don't need a big name manager at all, Bruce was seen as a safe option and look how that has turned out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
11 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

This I agree with. My only worry is whoever comes in will fail too. We’ve had such bad luck as a club. What with managers and signing etc. Time for a change none the less!

We haven’t been unlucky, we have just made poor appointments. I’m not saying it’s easy to get the right guy and even well run clubs sometimes get it wrong. Hopefully now we have owners who are much more savvy, not just rich, and they make the next appointment the right one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â