Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Bruce's decision not to bring in a decent centre back to replace Terry is the main reason we are struggling at the back. If he doesn't address that situation this week it's going to ultimately cost us promotion and his job. 

Bruce has always defended leads, something I used to question until I saw a stat in how many wins we'd had by doing that. However, defending leads is easier with John Terry in the defence, not so easy when it's Mile Jedinak playing instead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Bruce's decision not to bring in a decent centre back to replace Terry is the main reason we are struggling at the back. If he doesn't address that situation this week it's going to ultimately cost us promotion and his job. 

Bruce has always defended leads, something I used to question until I saw a stat in how many wins we'd had by doing that. However, defending leads is easier with John Terry in the defence, not so easy when it's Mile Jedinak playing instead.

I agree and this is the reason I believe we are not going up. Should have signed a bloody cb on deadline day now we are stuck with jedinak there and he makes chester panic like yesterday.

If your trying to tell me we don't have a cb in the youth that is better than jedinak act cb then might as well start sacking our youth network and start again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree and this is the reason I believe we are not going up. Should have signed a bloody cb on deadline day now we are stuck with jedinak there and he makes chester panic like yesterday.

If your trying to tell me we don't have a cb in the youth that is better than jedinak act cb then might as well start sacking our youth network and start again.

Are you honestly blaming Chester diving in on someone in the 92nd minute on Jedinak?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Firstly, I don't remember that......have you been dreaming it.

secondly, ironically its the defensive side of our game that's letting us down.....in terms of points tossed away.....we simply can't keep a clean sheet.

and further irony, Brentford and Reading could so easily have taken maximum points.

While our defensive frailties are the result of individual errors in the main......We simply don't kill teams off with this pithering style of offensive work, its just totally indecisive and frustrating.

No, I haven't been dreaming it. I certainly wouldn't make it up. 

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are you honestly blaming Chester diving in on someone in the 92nd minute on Jedinak?!

I'm blaming bruce because the defence this year looks absolute shit and every time a team gets in our box our defenders panic and if chester had a terry next to him yesterday instead of jedinak then i reckon we wiuld not have seen a panic challenge like that. 

• Haha 1

I think its the ease in which poor/modest teams find a way to stop us playing.....thats killing me.

opposing teams no matter how bad they play, seem to be able to relieve us of the ball, much easier than we do them.

McGinn, is the exception.......but surely we are not expecting just one player to do that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

3 points out of 9. The equivalent of 1 win and 2 losses. But the bruce brigade will mask it up as an achievement because we are undefeated. Purely pathetic with the riches he has been given and another season wasted if he stays in control. 

And two of those games were against the two worst teams in the league.

It just puts added pressure on the trickier games where we'll have to win.

If they are to change Bruce then it needs to be done quickly.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

As soon as I saw that challenge I thought to myself, "I wonder how long it'll be before someone blames that on Jedinak being out of position" ?? we're at the stage now where Grealish could miss a 94th minute penalty (won by Jedinak) to see us lose a match and there would definitely be someone on here blaming it on Bruce playing Jedinak out of position 

• Haha 1

The simple errors and tossing away of valuable points, make you weary with it all.

opposing players that we would not dream of taking ......are stopping us scoring and scoring themselves.

its pathetic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weedman said:

As soon as I saw that challenge I thought to myself, "I wonder how long it'll be before someone blames that on Jedinak being out of position" ?? we're at the stage now where Grealish could miss a 94th minute penalty (won by Jedinak) to see us lose a match and there would definitely be someone on here blaming it on Bruce playing Jedinak out of position 

Any ideas as to why that was your first thought?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The simple errors and tossing away of valuable points, make you weary with it all.

opposing players that we would not dream of taking ......are stopping us scoring and scoring themselves.

its pathetic.

You’re sounding a bit fed up there mate. Losing a little bit of faith? 

7 minutes ago, weedman said:

because its an easy cop out......but he ain't great at Centre Half....ok in the air, but poor on the deck......The irony is Axel missed a header that lead to Sims picking it up and causing trouble.

sad fact is , we should have been out of sight.....The  positional intelligence in the final third is woeful.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Bruce has to go imo. We simply won't get promoted under him so let's stop wasting time. I'd take Fat Sam over Bruce, at least he can organise a team and get them playing like a team. I don't see that with us under Bruce. So disjointed.

• Like 1

We are sitting to deep, they had chances to score before the penalty. It's a confidence issue  We have seen it happen and almost expect it to happen again and the players must feel the same . 

We have to kill these games off well before the 80th minute. We all know what Bruce offers and last year's squad was similar in quality to this year's, I expect play offs and a similar type of season to last.

Leeds and Boro will be clear of us before we play them but I do expect us to get points from both of them, we have a better squad we just lack confidence and conviction .

21 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

You’re sounding a bit fed up there mate. Losing a little bit of faith? 

er.....Yeah to be honest.

I make points on here.....but quite frankly, I see so many poor points during a game is sad to be listing them all.

what keeps me going is that i live in the hope it will get better, but thats starting to wear thin on me.

We have a much better start in terms of points than Last year and yes the fixtures are kind but Wigan and Brentford are not bad.

If we had of played anywhere near to the form of the Wigan Game, we would have won yesterday.

We just don't work smart.. its like derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â