Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Not that he'd been my #1 choice yet.

But I'm certain Terry could have gathered the team in the second half when Brentford quite cleverly started to disrupt the tempo and fooled our players to focus on the wrong things around the 65th minute.

We totally lost focus and almost gave away a game we played rather good in until then..

I don't care if it comes from the bench or from a player but someone must be able to get the player to focus even when the ref is not giving the calls and the opponents are being bell ends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

People are quick to forget the 20 minutes in the 2nd half where Brentford had most of the play andnearly scored to 3-1

Nobody is forgetting it. But they were always going to have a stron spell. By the point we should have already have a decent lead so could have a shut up shop. 

Our makeshift defence will not handle pressure. 

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

People are quick to forget the 20 minutes in the 2nd half where Brentford had most of the play andnearly scored to 3-1

And some people are quick to forget the other 70 minutes where we had most of the play and nearly scored a hat full.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Well I’m happy for them Brentford fans to remember that ... I prefer to remember the 70 minutes we had them chasing shadows.

Dont you ?

• Like 4

We deserved that win every step of the way. Mcginn and Grealish played fantastic, adomah looked dangerous nearly every time, they couldn't deal with him most of the time. Kodjia's first equaliser came out of no where and he didn't half work hard for that first goal and deserved it, then to give us that second equalizer, really made my heart cry for the guy. Nyland had a couple of shaky ones but I felt overall his performance was good, made a few important saves, i feel he could be very good down the line for us, he will deffo improve.

My biggest annoyance is not from any part of villa, but the fact players who are getting frustrated eith the likes of Grealish are now doing it towards Mcginn. Point blank maupay shouldn't of been on and deserved a red for that stamp on Mcginn, ref's need to get tough on this because it's getting worse and costing us.

Brentford got outplayed 96% of tonight's clash, well done Steve and the lads, that's how I want to see us play all the time as we looked completely professional.

I think as soon as we have more attacking options, we will be very dangerous indeed, because we looked it already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well I’m happy for them Brentford fans to remember that ... I prefer to remember the 70 minutes we had them chasing shadows.

Dont you ?

No Im not, we drew 2-2 at home against Brentford and we are happy we played well for 70 minutes and nearly scored.. I remember maybe 2 chances in the 2nd halt, thats it

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good job from him and the team tonight. Glad to see him turn things around after ipswich His back line choice is still baffling to me but overall good job today. He can rightfully claim we deserved to win that game and probably would of with a competent officiating team.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

No Im not, we drew 2-2 at home against Brentford and we are happy we played well for 70 minutes and nearly scored.. I remember maybe 2 chances in the 2nd halt, thats it

Who's happy?
Most people I can see are unhappy that we didn't win a game we clearly deserved to.

All people are saying is it was a good performance despite the lack of a win.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Why cant we play like that every game.

Cause we can't

On a serious note, if we don't play the high game the weekend, many fans will be pissed, he has set the bar now!

No repeat of the games after the Wolves thrashing please Brucey. Even though it ended 2-2 you have left most of us on a high and positive for this season, don't blow it!

• Like 1

Â