Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would just like to pick you up on that if I may.

• Hogan....has not got anywhere close to replicating his form from Brentford....we can put forward all the reasons.......but a cracking player, not on his form.
  • Kodjia, on his day a fine player, still recovering from c a season out......current form....a cracking attacking player, not in my book, but thats an observation not a criticism.
  • RHM still learning his trade for me and tad lightweight on his current showing, will learn and improve......cracking attacking player, not for me just yet
  • Keinan Davis, good leader of the line on his day.....out with long term injuries, difficult to evaluate, but in terms of current contribution to the team.......Cracking attacking player, hardly.
  • Albert Adomah, on his day a real attacking threat and proved that in spells last season....Albert's form has gone awol for much too long now.....on current form cracking attacking  player.....never in a month of sundays.

As at team we have a chronic problem for one reason or another at the front end of the team.....The club are trying to do something about it albeit belated due to summer issues.....These type of problems have a profound impact on the team performance and we just cannot sweep them under the carpet and label them as another kind of problem.

Our current situation in terms of up front could be described as anything but cracking attacking players, our goals to date have come from all over the team, albeit Jimmy's offering on saturday gone did resemble his old self , fingers crossed.

We need reinforcements.....fingers crossed again.

In terms of goal scoring strikers, we only have kjodia., as you said a few posts back its a simple game - If your strikers aren't scoring goals you aren't going to win anything. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

That's a fair post Dave....not sure on the last line, but hey ho.

Dave I have watched others teams games and their performances contrast.....Swansea v Leeds last night as an example.....even during the game there was good bits and not so good bits from both sides.

I think there is a danger, we are all ( including me) over analysing it.

It’s the nature of the beast, that in discussion forums there will always be an element of over analysis, especially when the subject divides opinion so much. But you’re right we probably over think it to some extent. Additionally we are all sometimes selective with the parts of the argument we chose to highlight!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

In terms of goal scoring strikers, we only have kjodia., as you said a few posts back its a simple game - If your strikers aren't scoring goals you aren't going to win anything. 

or do anything in terms of performance.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Jim, I could be wrong......but the lacking in style for me is a cop out.

its like a water leak through the drivers door, its misleading......it comes in to the cab at the bottom, but in fact the leak is at the top of the door and runs down......I think many of us are barking up the wrong tree....that could be me of course.....its all to be proved.

I think when you have too many player issues its hard to develop a style.....too may things break down and it becomes more improvisation....with players having to cover for someone else's game.

The goals and results are covering over the cracks.

When the team is fixed, hopefully soon, I will then look at the managers game management.....at present too many weaknesses for me, to judge him properly in that specific area.

Yeah maybe. If I am right, you are saying we cant blame Bruce for weak tactics if the players are nto good enough? 

if that is what you mean, I give you the Leicester Premier league winning team! Tactics and team work can win over individual player ability. Anyone think Huddersfield and Cardiff got promoted with a better team than us?

if that isn't what you mean, then please clarify. As its another slow day!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Not every team has lost half of theirs.

Neither have we.

As other posters have pointed out in the last couple of pages. In the grand scheme of things, we have only really lost Terry. 

39 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Neither have we.

As other posters have pointed out in the last couple of pages. In the grand scheme of things, we have only really lost Terry. 

Late to the party, but what about Snodgrass, Johnstone and Grabban? Or has someone done a Snodgrass=Green, Grabban=Kodjia, Johnstone=Oylvand thing, (which would be blatantly ridiculous for so many reasons).

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Late to the party, but what about Snodgrass, Johnstone and Grabban? Or has someone done a Snodgrass=Green, Grabban=Kodjia, Johnstone=Oylvand thing, (which would be blatantly ridiculous for so many reasons).

No need to worry, it's a terrible party anyway.

But I think people are saying that McGinn has replaced Snoddy in terms of assists at least (even thou the don't occupy the same space on the field) so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Oh I think he see's it.......seeing it, and being able to do something about it, is different.

I think the natural tendency for most players is to defend.....The No 9's job is to hold the ball up and give them the  confidence to join him.

Its when a player is playing that role and fails to hold the ball or gets physically relieved of the ball, the players behind tend to back off......If you see a leader of the line hold the ball reasonably consistently, players join him, its not necessarily coaching ( but it can be) its more instinct......If they win the ball regularly, other players come forward to join in....and it looks like they are attacking more, it has a knock on effect.

If they are consistently getting beaten a gap appears and players funnel back, in to precautionary mode.....and that knock on effect takes a grip and we look defensive.

I honestly don't think he sees it all, or it's not a great concern for him. I get the feeling he intends to solely rely on Kodjia, with Hogan, RHM and Davis as backup. Wingers seem to be the priority. It's anyone's guess how things will unfold, but If we don't sign a new centerback, I'm ready to proclaim we won't get promoted.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I would just like to pick you up on that if I may.

• Hogan....has not got anywhere close to replicating his form from Brentford....we can put forward all the reasons.......but a cracking player, not on his form.
  • Kodjia, on his day a fine player, still recovering from c a season out......current form....a cracking attacking player, not in my book, but thats an observation not a criticism.
  • RHM still learning his trade for me and tad lightweight on his current showing, will learn and improve......cracking attacking player, not for me just yet
  • Keinan Davis, good leader of the line on his day.....out with long term injuries, difficult to evaluate, but in terms of current contribution to the team.......Cracking attacking player, hardly.
  • Albert Adomah, on his day a real attacking threat and proved that in spells last season....Albert's form has gone awol for much too long now.....on current form cracking attacking  player.....never in a month of sundays.

As at team we have a chronic problem for one reason or another at the front end of the team.....The club are trying to do something about it albeit belated due to summer issues.....These type of problems have a profound impact on the team performance and we just cannot sweep them under the carpet and label them as another kind of problem.

Our current situation in terms of up front could be described as anything but cracking attacking players, our goals to date have come from all over the team, albeit Jimmy's offering on saturday gone did resemble his old self , fingers crossed.

We need reinforcements.....fingers crossed again.

So what are you saying Tro? 

We need a Baller?

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I absolutely agree with you.....sadly, I was just being Devils advocate.

Villa Win....Jimmy back to form.

I'll settle for him saying to the team - " right we're Aston Villa - we are the home team - let's start right, set the tempo of the game and have a right good go at beating Brentford at their own game " - this will do for a start

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimcohen said:

Yeah maybe. If I am right, you are saying we cant blame Bruce for weak tactics if the players are nto good enough? 

if that is what you mean, I give you the Leicester Premier league winning team! Tactics and team work can win over individual player ability. Anyone think Huddersfield and Cardiff got promoted with a better team than us?

if that isn't what you mean, then please clarify. As its another slow day!

well, I'm saying first things first,...... but yes.

Leicester.....are you kidding, Vardy, Kante, Drinkwater,Mahrez were exceptional individually.....3 of them got major moves, .....if your point is valid any prospective buyer would say they are only any good because of the team tactics, so be careful buying them ,they might not repeat it.

well it seems we value different things....if you are referring technically maybe we are better.....but we wasn't physically or combatively better than Cardiff, they were more durable too.....There is more than one ingredient to being better.

If you want my opinion....I love John Terry, but I can think of more dominant center halves in the air.....John is great around good players, because his organisational skills are superb, but one on one, he can have be left wanting, more a sweeper type for me....good passer of the ball.....In this league you can get knocked about.

If these players coming in make no difference, I will have a different view.

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Neither have we.

and as I pointed out in my many responses....."Lost" was metaphorically speaking.

so Johnstone, Snodgrass, Albert and Kodjia are a myth...... 2 have left the club and 2 are not showing their form of previous seasons......why do you think we are acquiring players.

A team cannot function with the loss of such key players.....I am not sure what part you don't get?

Kodjia is showing glimpses, we might be getting him back........TO FORM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimcohen said:

Exactly, why we should play 4-4-2 with a proper CF there. We cross it loads, but sometimes, who too?

If we played higher up as a team then the CF wouldn’t have to run wide as much With Jack and McGinn 433 is best formation if played correct and as a 433 not a 451 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A team of mcginn bolaise and grealish is frightening at this level 

If we can sort out our issues at the back, get a striker and a new manager in, I think we can do it

FTFY

• Like 1

Â