Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That does not presume scintillating football, I suggest you watch the Leeds game to understand what scintillating football looks like.

Your expectations are obviously ridiculously higher than mine. As I thought down of those performances were absolutely sensational esp the bristol city one 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Just one point......A number 9 doing his job.......will change the face of our team alone.

It will bring in the midfield and subsequently alleviate pressure on the defence.

I hear all the arguments of Strikers needing service and they do ......BUT they have to help themselves too. Its arguably the hardest position on the pitch.....they sometimes need to remind us.

I like Kodjia when he is firing......but he is an inside forward for me who plays off a big man......He hasn't got the natural aggression of say Costa, who can give as good as he gets....He would be ok playing off Duncan Ferguson and the like.

I see a problem for us there at present.....and I think further more its affecting the whole team.

I agree @TRO, a big number nine is needed, Kodjia can't hold the ball up the way we need him to and often goes missing. Who do you think we could get who might do it?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We've had that for the last two seasons and it hasn't got the job done.

no but yielded more victories than thoze Representatives for Wellingborough houllier and garde........

..........waits to be told these are progressive.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your expectations are obviously ridiculously higher than mine. As I thought down of those performances were absolutely sensational esp the bristol city one 

Am I correct in thinking you called for the managers head on a few occasion last season ?

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Am I correct in thinking you called for the managers head on a few occasion last season ?

Nope

Go in the Henry thread as well and see i said we should stick with bruce 

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

Thing is we don’t all get interested or excited by the same thing. Liverpool were always famous for “ pass and move” and I found them very dull to watch. Many others. Villa have never played pass and move type football, whether Saunders, BFR, GT, Sir Brian, Gregory, or MON we’ve always played a more graft and wingers style...and I love it in irs various incarnations.

As for ‘tiki takka’ another fashionable style, it bores me stiff whether it’s Spain, Swansea, or Stourport. 

So by all means dislike what you see, but don’t assume we all like the same thing.

I would take you to task over Big Ron - his team are the best I have seen at VP - even better than the side Ron Saunders put together in my view and the football was great to watch 

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I would take you to task over Big Ron - his team are the best I have seen at VP - even better than the side Ron Saunders put together in my view and the football was great to watch 

Whist big Ron built a great and entertaining side to watch, it’s a tough argument to win when you say his side was better than those built by Ron Saunders. We just have to look at the respective silverware counts. And who could forget that night when we put 5 past Liverpool in 45 minutes?

I liked BFR immensely, but Ron Saunders was a different class. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whist big Ron built a great and entertaining side to watch, it’s a tough argument to win when you say his side was better than those built by Ron Saunders. We just have to look at the respective silverware counts. And who could forget that night when we put 5 past Liverpool in 45 minutes?

I liked BFR immensely, but Ron Saunders was a different class. 

I know it’s all relative but when I watch early 90s football replays the standard and fitness levels seem so poor. Foreign players and coaches took the Premier league to another level.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree and I must admit I also enjoyed the John Gregory years as manager too.

When he first came in the football was fine, and then, for some strange reason we got all cautious, strangely enough when we topped the league, and it didn't get much better after that,culminating in one of the worst FA cup displays ever.

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Would you not be jumping across if we were top of league in March? Or just don't want Bruce no matter what he does? 

Like I said , my aim is always to see Villa with., but that doesn't mean I have to like the manner we won in.

• Like 1

Â