Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Only at Aston Villa would you see 3-5-2 being played in pre-season, even having the club promoting it, for then to turn up at the first game of the season and play a 4-3-3 which they have NEVER PLAYED BEFORE.  unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Only at Aston Villa would you see 3-5-2 being played in pre-season, even having the club promoting it, for then to turn up at the first game of the season and play a 4-3-3 which they have NEVER PLAYED BEFORE.  unbelievable. 

Playing 3-5-2 after we've spent all summer preparing for it is exactly what the enemy expects us to do.

#tictacs.

• Like 1

4 - 3 - 3 is the right fornation. Unfortunstely many of the players are wrong. Green for Elmo and swap flanks with Albert. RDL ( where is he?) for Taylor and swap with Hutton. Hourihane has had less touches than the ref.

They don't look fit and lack cohesion and purpose. Thats on Bruce, and the only agenda I have is that I dont to watch us play... Whatever aimless garbage that was in the first half and its not all that unusual.

Also, ive never seen a team so hopeless at throw ins. Its like the most basic thing ever and we just look clueless at it.

Not impressed and I wasn't expecting much.

54 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Yeah we only played it for, ohhhh I dunno, about 45 games last season ?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Absolutely delighted fir brucie tonight. He has had a tough summer but this was a great second half. It feels great to win first game.

hopefully we have a few players in fir Wigan as we need energy and pace

• Like 1

If Bruce is going to stay as manager (please don’t let it be so) he must finally see that you cannot play Brucie Ball without a big lump up front! Kodj, Hogan and Grabban may all be better players than Davis but Davis is easily the most suited to our turgid style of hoof balls! If you insist on persisting with this please at least have the foresight to do it properly!

I know we won but we make it so, so very difficult. Chuffed with the result but I remain unconvinced by the failings of an otherwise likeable man. 

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If Bruce is going to stay as manager (please don’t let it be so) he must finally see that you cannot play Brucie Ball without a big lump up front! Kodj, Hogan and Grabban may all be better players than Davis but Davis is easily the most suited to our turgid style of hoof balls! If you insist on persisting with this please at least have the foresight to do it properly!

I know we won but we make it so, so very difficult. Chuffed with the result but I remain unconvinced by the failings of an otherwise likeable man. 

Davis aikido singlehandedly turned our season around last year. We can't persist with just Kodjia up front.

Â