Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Are we trying to find precise amounts that are never really published or known so that we can argue that he didn’t spend too much money but failed to reach his target, or that he did spend a lot of money and didn’t reach his target.   I’ve forgotten the point except that he didn’t reach his target ( and set the team up in overly defensive tactics far too often.   Whatever the f———- he spent or didn’t spend.   

Reasoned post, but I think an additional point could be added here buy/loan attack minded players and then play/employ seemingly defensive tactics (although some out there will question ‘tactics’)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2018 at 17:09, bannedfromHandV said:

Factual?

What, that we had 'the best squad and the best players in the division'?

Is that recorded somewhere is it, so I can look that up somewhere?

You must have access to something no-one else does.

 

The only players SB inherited that contributed anything were Adomah, Chester, Hutton and Grealish and even Grealish wasn't available for half the season - that's a fact.

Really? Now you just have to be trolling. If this defence of Bruce you are putting up is genuine, it really is tragic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

just skipped 12 pages, did I miss owt? :P

I believed that Steve Bruce was a clapped out, outdated dinosaurusbritucs manager who didn't understand tactics and just signed players on inflated wages whose coaching sessions consisted of "hoof it up to the big lad" and "go on son."

However after reading the reasoned and balanced debate here I am now convinced that he is the footballing love child of Pep Guardiola and Sir Alex Ferguson and his big brother is Sir Alf Ramsay.

We are going up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

just skipped 12 pages, did I miss owt? :P

Yes there was one insightful comment that added real value to the debate, you should read back and work out which one i am referring to.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I believed that Steve Bruce was a clapped out, outdated dinosaurusbritucs manager who didn't understand tactics and just signed players on inflated wages whose coaching sessions consisted of "hoof it up to the big lad" and "go on son."

However after reading the reasoned and balanced debate here I am now convinced that he is the footballing love child of Pep Guardiola and Sir Alex Ferguson and his big brother is Sir Alf Ramsay.

We are going up!

If only, it might have been different.

ps.....You've been watching England's set pieces.

Edited by TRO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I believed that Steve Bruce was a clapped out, outdated dinosaurusbritucs manager who didn't understand tactics and just signed players on inflated wages whose coaching sessions consisted of "hoof it up to the big lad" and "go on son."

However after reading the reasoned and balanced debate here I am now convinced that he is the footballing love child of Pep Guardiola and Sir Alex Ferguson and his big brother is Sir Alf Ramsay.

We are going up!

......In smoke.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

We are going up!

 

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

......In smoke.

You can smell the hotdogs!...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

just skipped 12 pages, did I miss owt? :P

Loads, Bruce resigned but Dr T tempted him back with an 8 year contract and the promise of a £50m transfer war chest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

A bit strange that we haven't heard anything from Bruce, isn't it? Is he still on vacation? He usually likes to speak a lot.

Yes, appears to be a long holiday. I get the feeling he's sat waiting like the rest of us, and will go in whichever direction the club goes given a possible pay off and lack of options elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s on a golf course in Portugal agreeing deals with ex England internationals as we speak!  ;)  

 

Alright, perhaps he’s just talking to his son! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linked to a Huddersfield defender today - so looks a lot like Bruce is quietly getting on with the job - I for one am glad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-manchester-12748653 -

Aston Villa are considering a cut-price move for Huddersfield stopper Michael Hefele to replace John Terry.

Hefele, 27, has just one year left on his contract with the Premier League Terriers and only made six appearances last term.

But the German centre-back played a starring role helping Huddersfield to promotion the previous campaign after joining from Dresden on a free.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s on a golf course in Portugal agreeing deals with ex England internationals as we speak!  ;)  

 

Alright, perhaps he’s just talking to his son! 

Ahh the good old days.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jim said:

Loads, Bruce resigned but Dr T tempted him back with an 8 year contract and the promise of a £50m transfer war chest. 

from the Carson Yeung treasure trail map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jareth said:

Linked to a Huddersfield defender today - so looks a lot like Bruce is quietly getting on with the job - I for one am glad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-manchester-12748653 -

Aston Villa are considering a cut-price move for Huddersfield stopper Michael Hefele to replace John Terry.

Hefele, 27, has just one year left on his contract with the Premier League Terriers and only made six appearances last term.

But the German centre-back played a starring role helping Huddersfield to promotion the previous campaign after joining from Dresden on a free.

 

Yes please. Huddersfield were one of the best defensive teams in the league and he was part of that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â