Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Transfermarkt has it at £21.45m, but I don’t agree with some of their amounts.

However, Hogan, Bree, Bjarnason, Hourihane, Lansbury & Bedeau probably didn’t cost much less than £20m. I remember there was some haggling over Lansbury so I doubt we got our ideal rock-bottom price. I recall Bedeau going for close to a million. Hogan being fairly pricy was widely reported too.

Hogan £10m? Bree £1.5m? Bjarnason £1m? Hourihane £1.5m? Lansbury £2m? Bedeau £900k? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Are we trying to find precise amounts that are never really published or known so that we can argue that he didn’t spend too much money but failed to reach his target, or that he did spend a lot of money and didn’t reach his target.   I’ve forgotten the point except that he didn’t reach his target ( and set the team up in overly defensive tactics far too often.   Whatever the f———- he spent or didn’t spend.   

Exactly. squabbling over silly figures that mean jack shit now as ultimately the clown that brought them in is still here in charge after failling his objective.

He needs sacked and now.

• Thanks 1

On 15/06/2018 at 02:37, Junxs said:

I havent posted in this thread since a day or 2 after the play off final as it was obvious he wasnt going anywhere

There really is no point in debating it anymore as he's here to stay so just get behind him (as much as it hurts to do so). We'll be a better club if we are united as fans than continue to bicker over the managers position.

Having said that, the board really should give him a years notice now so they haven't got to pay him off £3m this time next year (if the rumours are true that he's on a rolling 1 year deal). This would give us time to line up the new manager for the 19/20 season with a bit of a financial order again.

At least with Bruce in charge we wont finish below mid table this coming season. 

Telling him in advance, he's on a years notice, we might finish below half way.

on the other hand, we gain promotion.....does the board then recind it?

not a good idea, imo.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He's on a rolling contract and will always cost to get rid off. Now, next year or in 10 years.

Let's just keep him forever, for stability's sake.

There is always next season.

Edit: For me the only issue is: Is he the best man for the job? Because getting rid will cost just as much now as in the future. 

And our financial position will be pretty grim next year as well.

Edited by sne

Junxy is right.....there is no point, debating him anymore.

There are arguments for and against, both in my opinion, have merit.

but when one side only see their own view and fail to appreciate or ignore anything being said on the other side....the debate becomes redundant.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Junxy is right.....there is no point, debating him anymore.

There are arguments for and against, both in my opinion, have merit.

but when one side only see their own view and fail to appreciate or ignore anything being said on the other side....the debate becomes redundant.

Which side is that?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Are we trying to find precise amounts that are never really published or known so that we can argue that he didn’t spend too much money but failed to reach his target, or that he did spend a lot of money and didn’t reach his target.   I’ve forgotten the point except that he didn’t reach his target ( and set the team up in overly defensive tactics far too often.   Whatever the f———- he spent or didn’t spend.   

I’m just interested in how much he’s spent on players through his managerial career, and thought that posting the assumed values from January would add to the debate. Sorry if you’d rather that not be discussed :wacko:

i get the negative style of play, the poor tactics, poor substitutions, the set up not too lose, the excuses etc, etc

i get the improvements he has made, the signings he made, the stability, the change of mind set etc, etc

i also get and understand the divided opinion on here....

but surely, until its either confirmed he's staying or going....it's all been discussed to death now. I look on here almost every hour of every day and with no new news all becoming a tad tedious

imo, our focus and biggest gripe and busiest thread should be about the charlatan of an owner/chairman who has **** our great club up to the lowest it has been since most on here were not even born and not the manager. 

rant over.......

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i get the negative style of play, the poor tactics, poor substitutions, the set up not too lose, the excuses etc, etc

i get the improvements he has made, the signings he made, the stability, the change of mind set etc, etc

but surely, until its either confirmed he's staying or going....it's all been discussed to death now. I look on here almost every hour of every day and with no new news all becoming a tad tedious

imo, our focus and biggest gripe and busiest thread should be about the charlatan of an owner/chairman who has **** our great club up to the lowest it has been since most on here were not even born and not the manager. 

rant over.......

Are you getting fed up with this thread? Me too. When you're in a fix you have to knuckle down and get through it. This season will be a huge test and the manager needs support. We've had so many managers lately so it is no wonder we are expecting change. I hope Bruce stays for a few more seasons because we have to get back to basics, the simple idea of stability and constant albeit slow progress. Bruce can build something here regardless of how fans see it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

rant over.......

This thread has its extreme fans of both for against. Some think he is just a truly awful manager and want him gone whilst others think he has done many things and want him to stay.  The same reasons are debated over and over again snd this will probably continue until he leaves the club.  

Amongst all that there are a few fans in the middle that whilst not admirors of Bruce and probably wouldn’t care if he was sacked, they can accept that after everything he has achieved (or not) in his career as a manager he must know one of two things about managing a football club.  

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Are you getting fed up with this thread? Me too. When you're in a fix you have to knuckle down and get through it. This season will be a huge test and the manager needs support. We've had so many managers lately so it is no wonder we are expecting change. I hope Bruce stays for a few more seasons because we have to get back to basics, the simple idea of stability and constant albeit slow progress. Bruce can build something here regardless of how fans see it. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This thread has its extreme fans of both for against. Some think he is just a truly awful manager and want him gone whilst others think he has done many things and want him to stay.  The same reasons are debated over and over again snd this will probably continue until he leaves the club.  

Amongst all that there are a few fans in the middle that whilst not admirors of Bruce and probably wouldn’t care if he was sacked, they can accept that after everything he has achieved (or not) in his career as a manager he must know one of two things about managing a football club.  

my point is, what else is there to be said that has not already been said about the man other than to go over it over and over again?

so, until he either walks, gets the sack or confirmation he is staying what else can be said that hasn't already been said?

He's good, he's bad, he's negative, he offers stability, he knows where we are at, he's improved us....and and and

Thats why i'm saying its all getting a tad tedious.

Â