Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes it will. That's what i said.

No you said weather Bruce is in or out the football will decrease. Not every manager wants his team's to play in the manner we did last season. Some managers actually  like their  team's to entertain, regardles of financial circumstances. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

No you said weather Bruce is in or out the football will decrease. Not every manager wants his team's to play in the manner we did last season. Some managers actually  like their  team's to entertain, regardles of financial circumstances. 

Good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The problem with your mocking of this is that it is actually FACTUAL, and not opinion. lol

Some of if not MOSt of the best players he had were signed before him, do you think their value disappears because he didn't buy them?

This is like the new Barcelona manager only signing 2 players for 30 million plus Ibrahimovic on a free transfer with wages of 7 million and finishing 3rd.

Then blaming it on not having millions to spend, as if Messi, Suarez and the others didn't exist. 

Factual?

What, that we had 'the best squad and the best players in the division'?

Is that recorded somewhere is it, so I can look that up somewhere?

You must have access to something no-one else does.

The only players SB inherited that contributed anything were Adomah, Chester, Hutton and Grealish and even Grealish wasn't available for half the season - that's a fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So he spent 15M on wages and what, £1M on transfer fees last summer - £16M total?

Forest have just spent £13m on one player.

Wolves did the same last season.

But apparently we had the best squad and had spent the most blah blah blah blah.......

You have deluded yourself and ignoring basic facts. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Factual?

What, that we had 'the best squad and the best players in the division'?

Is that recorded somewhere is it, so I can look that up somewhere?

You must have access to something no-one else does.

The only players SB inherited that contributed anything were Adomah, Chester, Hutton and Grealish and even Grealish wasn't available for half the season - that's a fact.

No, that's you once again becoming delusional with the truth. 

Kodjia didn't score nearly 20 goals in his first season? Jedinak has done nothing for us? Davis didn't have a spell of games where he was influential? Others haven't had moments?

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Again, I don't think people (or most people) are thinking "I want to keep Bruce because he'll get us promoted next season or build something for the future"

They're thinking "I want to keep Bruce because we have no chance of promotion and I just want someone who can keep us in this league while we go bust"

That's a fair point. I guess i'm allowing my focus to be taken by the crazy minority. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

No, that's you once again becoming delusional with the truth. 

Kodjia didn't score nearly 20 goals in his first season? Jedinak has done nothing for us? Davis didn't have a spell of games where he was influential? Others haven't had moments?

Jedinak ill give you, I forgot about him. 

Kodjia, you're clutching at straws there, he played what 10 games whilst half fit and scored one penalty, pretty sure that didn't contribute much (and we're not talking two seasons ago, that's been and gone pal) 

Davis - you do realise SB gave him his chance don't you? The same SB that apparently can't be trusted to bring through youth players, I doubt you'd even heard of him until SB put him in the team. 

So jedinak, yeah, well done. 

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jedinak ill give you, I forgot about him. 

Kodjia, you're clutching at straws there, he played what 10 games whilst half fit and scored one penalty, pretty sure that didn't contribute much (and we're not talking two seasons ago, that's been and gone pal) 

Davis - you do realise SB gave him his chance don't you? The same SB that apparently can't be trusted to bring through youth players, I doubt you'd even heard of him until SB put him in the team. 

So jedinak, yeah, well done. 

Haha, why does kodjia only count last season?

Bottom line is, over 18 months the players he inherited have been more influential and important than the players he signed. Yet with your delusional logic they can't be counted as being part of a strong squad. Yout genius approach to the discussion is to only take account of his signings.

So yeah, good one. Your complete bullshit facts to defend him are reaching new levels. Impressed. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How come Steve Bruce spending 20+ million in January isn’t being counted in the debate above? 

The club made it clear at the time he would be using his Summer budget on those 4 players he signed. Only one which was of any use. 

Because we need stability and he's done it 4 times.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's a fair point. I guess i'm allowing my focus to be taken by the crazy minority. 

Pretty sure this morning you said the exact opposite. You said you could understand people's opinions if they thought Bruce could challenge for promotion but you didn't understand it if people just wanted someone to keep us in the league. Has it been a long day messaging on Villatalk?! ?

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How come Steve Bruce spending 20+ million in January isn’t being counted in the debate above? 

The club made it clear at the time he would be using his Summer budget on those 4 players he signed. Only one which was of any use. 

Probably because he didnt spend 20+ millions, as a wild stab in the dark...... 

24 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Pretty sure this morning you said the exact opposite. You said you could understand people's opinions if they thought Bruce could challenge for promotion but you didn't understand it if people just wanted someone to keep us in the league. Has it been a long day messaging on Villatalk?! ?

Did I? When i said about staying in the league i meant as in having no expectations and just a nothing season. If people genuinely feel we will go down, then i can understand that to some extent. Good try though. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So he spent 15M on wages and what, £1M on transfer fees last summer - £16M total?

Forest have just spent £13m on one player.

Wolves did the same last season.

But apparently we had the best squad and had spent the most blah blah blah blah.......

£2m was the loan fee for Snodgrass but you don’t hear much about that either...

Â