Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, striker said:

It’s like an alcoholic saying ‘aye had a wee slip’ over an over again to excuse the consumption.

Surely Xia can’t stomach much more of this? 

Xia reminds me of Lerner in many ways - another overseas owner without his finger on the pulse who has put his trust in an out of touch ceo and oblivious to the mess at the club he owns .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce was the smart choice at the time. 

Now though, i don't need a stand out candidate, i would prefer to look for someone with potential who can try and build something than go with same old names like Bruce. 

Give them a chance to do something with the current squad for 5 months and then let the serious rebuild with longer term thinking begin in the summer. 

You don’t. But the board probably do. It’s  much easier to sack someone when there’s an obvious replacement out there. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You don’t. But the board probably do. It’s  much easier to sack someone when there’s an obvious replacement out there. 

The board should always be aware of potential targets -doesn’t need to be an obvious replacement , needs a board who can identify quality managers who are gettable .

i doubt wyness would appoint an overseas up and coming manager - more likely mick McCarthy or his ilk 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, striker said:

Thing is though if you give it to Terry on a caretaker basis does that stop him from playing?

I don't think so mate, player managers are rare, but not unheard of at this level. 

For those who think our issues are motivational, we're 0 wins from the last 5 now since Xia left town after giving his motivational speech and 2 from the last 10 if you exclude the 3 game winning streak we went on while Xia was still attending games following the motivational speech.

Edited by Michael118

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Give them a chance to do something with the current squad for 5 months and then let the serious rebuild with longer term thinking begin in the summer. 

As i just mentioned in the promotion thread. Bruce is an absolute numpty, yet this squad of players sit only 3 points outside the play offs. 

A half decent manager would improve this squad immediately and put us back in the mix. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

As i just mentioned in the promotion thread. Bruce is an absolute numpty, yet this squad of players sit only 3 points outside the play offs. 

A half decent manager would improve this squad immediately and put us back in the mix. 

A new manager needs January to add a couple of his players and not Bruce’s .

If Bruce does go a new manager needs to be a[ppointed swiftly and not weeks of drifting . 

Just now, Eastie said:

A new manager needs January to add a couple of his players and not Bruce’s .

If Bruce does go a new manager needs to be a[ppointed swiftly and not weeks of drifting . 

Agreed. That's why so many clubs have released their managers over the last week or 2, and why Bruce needs to go now.

If this drags on another couple of weeks into the the window, i fear that would indicate that Bruce still has the backing of the board. 

If he is sacked a couple of weeks into, or near the end of the window, it will show that this board really haven't got a clue. 

I think the next few weeks will be telling for a number of reasons. 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

until the derby game that was the case. on FB prior to that game they had a poll (several hundred voted) and 'Bruce in' was over 80% but i am now seeing a lot more calling for his head. i say to people at work, don't bring me a problem without a solution. sacking Bruce isn't the solution - i want to see a shortlist of potential realistic targets and i remain Bruce in until i think of an obtainable manager that i genuinely think would do a better job.

not a single name mentioned so far has filled me with any confidence

Are you one of those people that thinks 'who better is going to come to the Villa'? or 'there are no better managers currently available'. I bet there were some Wolves fans thinking similar things earlier this year!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Can’t believe the shit he comes out with -

“We’re only a week away from a crisis at Aston Villa. Everything is a crisis if we don’t win. It was only two or three weeks ago that we were in the thick of it.

"We’re having our blip. Cardiff have had it, Sheffield (United) have had it, Derby had theirs at the start. It’s all to play for. “We’ll be better on Saturday because I don’t think we could be any worse.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-were-only-week-14083519

Just go Steve you useless prick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Argh we had our “little” blip at the start of the season Steve!! And we all hoped that would be the only blip we had, I’m tired of you now, I’ve stuck by you so much and granted after a win I might feel less frustrated but come on, this squad is one of the supposedly strongest in the league and we play awful football and sit outside the play off places! What the hell! 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be against Terry taking over as player manager.

At least he would be present at training, know what the other players can and cant do, and what positions they play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i say to people at work, don't bring me a problem without a solution. sacking Bruce isn't the solution - i want to see a shortlist of potential realistic targets and i remain Bruce in until i think of an obtainable manager that i genuinely think would do a better job.

I generally agree, but if something is having a negative impact on your workplace isn't the solution in the first instance to remove it?

Lets rid ourselves of the problems and then work to improve things. 

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He is a manipulator, he has manipulated his way into keeping this job.

He makes stupid statements.  One I remember vividly about the foreign players at Wolves not being able to cope with the cold weather..

He is full of BS

That statement alone tells you everything you need to know about the bloke. 

17 minutes ago, jim said:

Just go Steve you useless prick

We sit in 8th place.

With the funds and squad he has in place.

8th place at New Year.

...but it is all a blip, the expectations are too high, he hasn't had millions to spend, we were in a relegation battle, one loss and it's mass hysteria blah blah.

TAKE YOUR EXCUSES AND BULLSHIT AND **** OFF!!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

I really wish he would go this week. I dread the thought of him having control through another transfer window.

My bid is young striker on loan, and a mid thirties center back currently sat on the bench for PL club. 

Â