Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Its seems we now all pretty much of the opinion that he needs to go, does anyone actually think its imminent though?

The next couple of weeks will be telling. Any movement in the transfer window will suggest he still has the backing of the club. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its seems we now all pretty much of the opinion that he needs to go, does anyone actually think its imminent though?

The next couple of weeks will be telling. Any movement in the transfer window will suggest he still has the backing of the club. 

Lose the next 2 and we could be 12th  by New Year’s Day - surely that would be the tipping point?

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Sadly No, dont think anybody at club has guts to pull the trigger on him which is funny as RDM was a dead man walking

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Xia doesn't seem involved at the moment, so I can't see anything happening.

Honestly, think we'd be better off without a manager, than sticking with Bruce.

Anyone from the academy or whatever can surely step up for a few weeks, or however long it takes to find a replacement.

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

Lose the next 2 and we could be 13th by New Year’s Day - surely that would be the tipping point?

Hopefully. That doesn't leave much time to recruit a manager and allow him to access the squad before the transfer window opens. 

You would hope that work is being down behind the scenes to sound out potential replacements. For me, if they are thinking of replacing him it needs to happen now. 

The main thing i cant understand is why we dont put the kind of attacking intent in that we save for when we go a goal behind!

We are far too passive for me in non winning positions!

The top teams want to win every game, and play with that attitude; We seem to play not to lose.  Is this the way a team should set up to win a league?

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

No, I think he’ll get the next two games at least. 

I’ve got this worry that they’re hoping Terry will be back soon and suddenly everything will work out fine.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

No, dont think hes in that much danger tbh.

Our chairman will be receiving his evaluations form reports from Wyness. However its in the laters interests to keep Bruce on and hope for a turn around.

Unless something happens that cant be ignored I have a good guess that Bruce will be given more time than most!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

The main thing i cant understand is why we dont put the kind of attacking intent in that we save for when we go a goal behind!

We are far too passive for me in non winning positions!

The top teams want to win every game, and play with that attitude; We seem to play not to lose.  Is this the way a team should set up to win a league?

Its been Bruces way for his entire management career, he will never change. 

I remember having a debate on here last season when we went through that horrible winless run in Jan/feb. He looked a dead man walking with many speculating that he had a couple of games to save his job. 

I can't remember the games in question, but he come out and threw caution to the wind and set up a really attacking Side. We got some results and some thought it was a change of direction. 

Many of us at the time said it was just a last role of the dice to keep his job and that he would soon revert to type. 

He will never change. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sadly No, dont think anybody at club has guts to pull the trigger on him which is funny as RDM was a dead man walking

I think the difference was that RDM was shit AND there was a stand out candidate available. 

Mad much as some people hate him, and despite how it’s worked out, Steve Bruce was an obvious appointment to make at the time and his record at this level meant it was a no brainier really. 

If there was a similar standout candidate available right now it would be much easier to sack Bruce. 

I want him gone now, but I’m still nervous as to who would come next. 

• Like 3

Is lying outside the playoff places on Jan 1st the same as being in the relegation zone on Jan 1st. Should pretty much trigger an automatic firing in my eyes.

Give the job to JT and lets see what happens, pretty much why he was signed anyway. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can’t believe the shit he comes out with -

“We’re only a week away from a crisis at Aston Villa. Everything is a crisis if we don’t win. It was only two or three weeks ago that we were in the thick of it.

"We’re having our blip. Cardiff have had it, Sheffield (United) have had it, Derby had theirs at the start. It’s all to play for. “We’ll be better on Saturday because I don’t think we could be any worse.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-were-only-week-14083519

After how many matches have you said similar to this Steve? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

Is lying outside the playoff places on Jan 1st the same as being in the relegation zone on Jan 1st. Should pretty much trigger an automatic firing in my eyes.

Give the job to JT and lets see what happens, pretty much why he was signed anyway. 

If no stand out candidate is obtainable, I'd be tempted to give JT a go. I'm sure he'd  be raiding the Chelsea reserves for loans, it could be fun. 

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can’t believe the shit he comes out with -

“We’re only a week away from a crisis at Aston Villa. Everything is a crisis if we don’t win. It was only two or three weeks ago that we were in the thick of it.

"We’re having our blip. Cardiff have had it, Sheffield (United) have had it, Derby had theirs at the start. It’s all to play for. “We’ll be better on Saturday because I don’t think we could be any worse.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-were-only-week-14083519

It’s like an alcoholic saying ‘aye had a wee slip’ over an over again to excuse the consumption.

Surely Xia can’t stomach much more of this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the difference was that RDM was shit AND there was a stand out candidate available. 

Mad much as some people hate him, and despite how it’s worked out, Steve Bruce was an obvious appointment to make at the time and his record at this level meant it was a no brainier really. 

If there was a similar standout candidate available right now it would be much easier to sack Bruce. 

I want him gone now, but I’m still nervous as to who would come next. 

Bruce was the smart choice at the time. 

Now though, i don't need a stand out candidate, i would prefer to look for someone with potential who can try and build something than go with same old names like Bruce. 

Give them a chance to do something with the current squad for 5 months and then let the serious rebuild with longer term thinking begin in the summer. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

It’s like an alcoholic saying ‘aye had a wee slip’ over an over again to excuse the consumption.

Surely Xia can’t stomach much more of this? 

I think we need to accept that Xia probably doesn't care. This is a small investment in his portfolio. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

If no stand out candidate is obtainable, I'd be tempted to give JT a go. I'm sure he'd  be raiding the Chelsea reserves for loans, it could be fun. 

Thing is though if you give it to Terry on a caretaker basis does that stop him from playing?

Â