Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I still can't get over the fact they got mceachran for 750,000 quid. Composed, very clever, not afraid of the football.

he’s not a particularly good player, just working in a system that suits him and those around him.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m in no way supporting our past appointments here but I do think the above is unrealistic. No manager will ever get the chance for a long-term strategy at Villa. It’s basically get promotion or off with your head. 

I wasn't talking about the manager, I was talking about the board. If you have a long-term plan and a strategy it helps, even if you have to change managers. Southampton are a good example of this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think we go in to win or to lose. I think he just picks an 11 and hopes for the best.

Genuinely.

100% agree. No joke. I think he's that weak a manager. Sometimes people get away with it because their #2 does things you don't see until they leave

I don't think the decision makers at the club know how the fans feel. I've been asking for him to be sacked since February/March. Never in my life have seen a manager who should be sacked last this long before getting the bullet.

Think we need big huge banners with "BRUCE OUT" in the next home game, and I mean hundreds of them.

Edited by Junxs

I dont know how to find my „aftermath cardiff january 2017 post“

but I‘ve found my Derby aftermath post from February

I could only copy & paste so ya‘ll have to take my word for it that it was from then

Havent posted for a while.

—————————————————————

The game

We are a really shit team with a lot of capable players organised into a system that limits us sooooo much.

One sees different things live to TV coverage. The atmo at the game is second to none, whereas TV gives you an all round better view if youre not in an ideal stadium position.

My conclusions live/tv remain the same. IMHO We will NOT get promoted playing like this. even IF we did, PL teams would only destroy us abd we'd be relegated straight back down.

I dont think Bruce is capable of change, so he has to go for me.

We will now get a repeat of his October impact, scrape a few results with bad performances climb the table a bit but not make any great strides simply because the football/setup bruce plays will just be 1-0's scrappy offerings that cannot and will not develop into a pattern of intent or play.

Bruce wont change cos he cant.

There were many alarming things I saw closer up on Sat.

SJ - is a joke of a keeper. the failed punch/Bent foul was embarassing. He kicked long to kodjia (not his game) then when Amavi came on kicked it to him being marked by a 6ft plus defender. One can see that the Defence shit themselves whenever the ball comes in only for Derby to be such a bad attacking force that they didnt test SJ.

Hutton - oh dear, we could have conceeded 3 times in the 1st 5mins through his bad play, once to Adomah, once leaving a winger free and being up the park caught out of position.

Chester/Baker - thank McG for these 2

Taylor - not really exposed as their winger was shit (not much help from Green)

Jedi - how sad that we rely on a 32yo to protect. not buying a DM has and will cost us.

Lansbury - did really well but Bruce setting us up so deep nullifies a lot of what he could bring to our attacking play.

Bacuna - shocking 94th minute but till then was my Motm (note - he should be RW of a front 3 or 4 in MF, his cross for Green was inch perfect - would give us more there)

Green - Would have been great for him to score - needs to learn a bit of game craft to be more involved - big future - impact sub is his best for the now (not last 10mins -> last 30 at least)

Adomah and Kodjia cant be as effective as they could be under SB's system.

Bruce has to go for a number of reasons imho

1) brought in to steady ship and kick on for promotion this season - hasnt worked - time to go

2) major decisions wrong that have had a negative effect on results/players/perfornances

SJ for Gollini

Gaby inclusion

Gestede sale wrong timing

Ayew sale (needed as makeway for Taylor?)

McC - not sure this was handled well

Lansbury played too deep

Hourihane not played effectively

Kodjia is not a taget man

Hogan has had NO service

Sitting back - note to Bruce - we have NO pace up front to counter

3) We are AVFC with good players in this league, we should not be out played/possesioned by the teams in this league (bar Toon Brighton Leeds Hudds Reading)

4) no risk no fun - this hoofball is NO fun at all

So now we are in our second cycle of collecting points through nicking it to mask the points "time to gel" "own players" "past promo's (with non-descript clubs - NOT AVFC).

Its all the wrong way of doing things leading in the wrong direction.

we should be safe after Rotherham not mathematically but statisticly.

We could get enough points without a manager, bunn in goal playing 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 (no HuttonAmavi)

Bruce Out for me.

Even if the players like him as a guy/manager I'm sure Lansbury, Hourihane, Grealish, Kodjia & Hogan are not happy at our way of playing, I dread to think if Chester would leave in ghe summer.

We can turn this shit/flop of a season into our advantage by using the last games of this season as our "pre-season" with a view to play offensive football with intent to beat teams and become a force in this league.

Continuing with Bruce is not the way because he wont and cant change.

We need a new approach - a new Manager/Coaching staff- a new GK - 1 DM and 1 ST.

I dread even more if Tony loses his patience and sells up

Keeping Bruce for "stabilty" but blowing our only chance with big finances would be criminal and keep us out of the PL for years.

Bruce Out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I don't think the decision makers at the club know how the fans feel. I've been asking for him to be sacked since February/March. Never in my life have seen a manager who should be sacked last this long before getting the bullet.

Think we need big huge banners with "BRUCE OUT" in the next home game, and I mean hundreds of them.

I agree , the fans at games in the main haven’t been anti Bruce and people like wyness will be loathe to take action while the heat is off - wyness hung his hat on Bruce and will not want to take the can for getting it wrong again 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I have a strong feeling he will be given the entire season. If we don't go up, hell then be sacked. Unfortunately that will be too late 

I think he will get January and it will be too late  by the time he finally gets sacked- he won’t go unless the fans make it clear at games they want him out - this is a weak management set up at villa and they will protect each other .

Whelan and Jedinak were in there to protect the back four last night. For Brentford's first goal, Whelan gave the ball to one of their players and the goalscorer was pretty much central to goal but Jedinak wasn't there to make a challenge. In what way did they protect the back four? 

Jedinak should be playing instead of Whelan - not alongside him and only Bruce can be blamed for that!

• Like 1

Having said the above, Brentford showed that you don't need two plodding midfielders to protect the back four. Bruce needs to take a leaf out of Smith's book there!

Once we put Snodgrass and Onomah in the centre we dominated that game and looked much more of a threat. Whelan and Jedinak have slow brains as well as slow legs and neither can pass a ball. Brentford's Woods and McEachran dominated in there and both are great passers of the ball and the reason Brentford attack so much and at pace.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would like to think the team will roll their sleeves up and play for the manager in the next 2 games and get some positive results. However that could be wishful thinking. I will be surprised if the board sack Bruce- he is here to stay wherever we like it or not.

Do you think we look like a team with their sleeves rolled down? Them not trying doesn’t look like an issue to me.

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m in no way supporting our past appointments here but I do think the above is unrealistic. No manager will ever get the chance for a long-term strategy at Villa. It’s basically get promotion or off with your head. 

Unless your name is Steve Bruce.

• Like 1

Bruce talking about ither sides having blips jesus bruce this is why we should be winning games to close the gap. This is the second year you have created a colossal collapse. Fecking dreadful ans totally unacceptable.

You play negative hoofball tactics and we thought we saw improvement but mow have reverted back to the shit crap way.

Boro game win pr bust for you. I wont take a point its a win or resign

If he leaves we should go jokanovic from fulham. I still rate him highly and he has the style of play that would suit our players. 

#TeamJokanovic

9 hours ago, TRO said:

But they wasn't at the start of the season.....they just wait for us to have their best game.

maybe he is playing for the job.....little tinker.

If they did this every week, they would be top of the table.

Its more we are that bad.

It's almost as though the manager has made them into a team rather than 11 individuals...........is that fair?

There is a chance they could overtake us over the next few games.

• Like 1

Â