Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

People saying Dean Smith is a big step up. Not saying it will work but bigger clubs than us have taken risks on unproven managers to great success

Milan - Sacchi, Capello

Real Madrid - Zidane, Del Bosque

Porto - Mourinho

Barcelona - Guardiola

Juventus - Conte was a huge risk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am in a bad mood but whatever Villa try to do seems to fail. Experienced manager- Bruce, up and coming manager- Lambert, continental manager- Garde and Houllier,  Mr motivator manager- Sherwood. Given the chance I am sure we will cock it up again. 

I think part of the problem is that there's never been any long-term strategy from above. We've just lurched from manager to manager with no long-term plan.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So we lost because it was TV cameras in the stands and the players couldn't cope?

Guy hasn't got a clue.

thats a cracking excuse, nearly as good as Steve Staunton saying Ireland play better in March after a lucky win over San Marino :lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm going to bed. Hopefully i wake to the jolly news that this prat has left.

Have you just pricked your finger on a spinning wheel? Otherwise I feel you are in for disappointment. 

• Like 2

Bruce is a coward of a manager. He approaches games with the mentality of someone who was once a defender and not someone who is thinking the opposite - how to WIN the game. 

That starting line-up was terrible. Jedinak and Whelan are absolute dinosaurs who are just trudging through games. Look at Brentford's centre two - McEachran and Woods - they dominated that game from centre midfield. Both Jedinak and Whelan start a run by looking at the ground as is they are wishing it was a travelator. They run in slow motion and both have made very costly mistakes that have contributed to our downfall in the last couple of weeks. That's not coincidence or the exuberance of youth - it's because they are simply too slow!

When we put Snodgrass and Onomah in centre midfield towards the end, we simply attacked with pace and energy. You don't need two ball winners in there - Brentford showed that! 

Bruce has to stop playing games with sluggish, error-ridden players in midfield. He needs youth and one of the kids out of the u23s need  to go in alongside Onomah. If he is going to play Hogan he needs to put someone in behind him who can pass a football because Hogan had nothing to feed off tonight. Jack Grealish was good but he was the only one bursting forward and trying to create something. Maybe he could go out left with Adomah switching right in place of Snodgrass with O'Hare playing behind Hogan. 

Right now, you would do very well to find a Villa fan who thinks we would win either of the next two games. They are massive games because of the teams we are playing so, for me, we need to try to get a new manager bounce and sack him, replace him by Friday and hope the players can do something special in those next two games to give us a better chance of promotion. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Bruce is a coward of a manager. He approaches games with the mentality of someone who was once a defender and not someone who is thinking the opposite - how to WIN the game. 

That starting line-up was terrible. Jedinak and Whelan are absolute dinosaurs who are just trudging through games. Look at Brentford's centre two - McEachran and Woods - they dominated that game from centre midfield. Both Jedinak and Whelan start a run by looking at the ground as is they are wishing it was a travelator. They run in slow motion and both have made very costly mistakes that have contributed to our downfall in the last couple of weeks. That's not coincidence or the exuberance of youth - it's because they are simply too slow!

When we put Snodgrass and Onomah in centre midfield towards the end, we simply attacked with pace and energy. You don't need two ball winners in there - Brentford showed that! 

Bruce has to stop playing games with sluggish, error-ridden players in midfield. He needs youth and one of the kids out of the u23s need  to go in alongside Onomah. If he is going to play Hogan he needs to put someone in behind him who can pass a football because Hogan had nothing to feed off tonight. Jack Grealish was good but he was the only one bursting forward and trying to create something. Maybe he could go out left with Adomah switching right in place of Snodgrass with O'Hare playing behind Hogan. 

Right now, you would do very well to find a Villa fan who thinks we would win either of the next two games. They are massive games because of the teams we are playing so, for me, we need to try to get a new manager bounce and sack him, replace him by Friday and hope the players can do something special in those next two games to give us a better chance of promotion. 

How O'Hare cannot get into the starting 11 let alone match day squad after the last 5 terrible performances I have absolutely no clue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

While there's still a shot at play-offs Bruce won't be sacked. And there's no money this Jan window either so a new guy can't do much about the squad. My prediction is Bruce in place till summer and we can only hope that Terry's return cuts out these crappy goals.

Our last 5 results say we have blown the play offs and it's about staying top half now. 

He's probably spoon feeding the board a load of bullshit about stability and how much of a mess we were in when he joined. Going to take at least 8 years etc...

The fact is he's not up to the challenge. We need someone to come in and completely change this club from top to bottom. Bruce is only interested in one thing, looking after Steve Bruce. He couldn't give a **** about this club. When you look at the likes of Dean Smith and Lee Johnson, you actually get a sense that they care about the job they are doing and, more importantly, the club that they are managing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think part of the problem is that there's never been any long-term strategy from above. We've just lurched from manager to manager with no long-term plan.

I’m in no way supporting our past appointments here but I do think the above is unrealistic. No manager will ever get the chance for a long-term strategy at Villa. It’s basically get promotion or off with your head. 

Bottom line there' having a go and trying to win Bruce just tries to not lose that for me is 100% negative football we have the best squad in championship fcking attack teams we will lose games but don' just sit there do nothing all game then attack 

Â