Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you think Hitzlsperger can do a job ;)

Someone needs to Hammer this team into shape. 

The way soccer ball works Hitz would be a terrible manager but Stefan Beinlich will he a world class manager. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What was so apparent and utterly shocking given our net spend, especially when they took over after 10 minutes, was how intelligent and composed they were on the ball compared to us. We are in the dark ages in how we are managed, run, scouting..the lot and I know brentford are a London club which helps but they are well down the pecking order when it comes to getting good young talent but like I said in a previous post a clever innovative hard working club with a very good manager.

But they wasn't at the start of the season.....they just wait for us to have their best game.

maybe he is playing for the job.....little tinker.

If they did this every week, they would be top of the table.

Its more we are that bad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Here's why we should employ Dean Smith tomorrow. He gets the best out of his players !

He sold his three best players to the Blues at the start of the season, and look at what's happened to them. Hogan, looks distinctly average in our side. Every time we play Brentford they are the better team. Better organized, better football and ultra confident on the ball. Not once do we see them hoofing the ball up aimlessly. There's a plan, a backup plan, and the manager can make things happen on the fly.

Today, he played Josh MacEchran for the first time for a few weeks. Why?, because he needed someone to take care of Grealish in the floating role he had. As soon as Davies came on, MacEchran went off because we went to 4-4-2. 

Oh how pleasant it is to see a manager with a plan and able to react.

Get him in tomorrow. Please

And he just so happens to be a die hard Villa fan too.  He'll do me.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

But they wasn't at the start of the season.....they just wait for us to have their best game.

Seen brentford earlier in the season and I know managers will bang on about been unlucky but they genuinely were. Add in losing Dean, Colin and Jota..3 starters and it's impressive.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree they have played like that every time I’ve seen them. They’ve just thrown it away a few times against other sides who have also been coached.

• Like 2

While there's still a shot at play-offs Bruce won't be sacked. And there's no money this Jan window either so a new guy can't do much about the squad. My prediction is Bruce in place till summer and we can only hope that Terry's return cuts out these crappy goals.

Agree @honest_bertie of course it might not work but that doesn’t matter. If it doesn’t work change again until it does.

Yes he has inherited a good system there but he still has to coach the team, give them belief, choose the tactics, and in all those aspects he is light years ahead of where we are - and it’s not too late to have an impact even now. If it doesn’t work what’s the difference ?

• Like 1

Bruce has had more than enough chances and failed miserably hopefully he gets the bullet sooner rather than later.

We need to plan for the long term now because we will probably be down here for many years.

Get rid of the pensioners Bruce has signed and build a youthful side around O'Hare Grealish and Davis. 

Also bring in a progressive manager that can get the best out of Hogan by playing a passing game with a modern style enough of the Jurassic park tactics.

Dean Smith would be my choice and i'd also take the other ginger from Brentford as well Ryan Woods his range of passing and engine is superior to anything we have in the middle of the park.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Bruce has had more than enough chances and failed miserably hopefully he gets the bullet sooner rather than later.

We need to plan for the long term now because we will probably be down here for many years.

Get rid of the pensioners Bruce has signed and build a youthful side around O'Hare Grealish and Davis. 

Also bring in a progressive manager that can get the best out of Hogan by playing a passing game with a modern style enough of the Jurassic park tactics.

Dean Smith would be my choice and i'd also take the other ginger from Brentford as well Ryan Woods.

I still can't get over the fact they got mceachran for 750,000 quid. Composed, very clever, not afraid of the football.

Â