Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Ikantcpell said:

Sack Bruce and bring in a young intelligent german that likes to play attacking football.

Norwich tried to copy the huddersfield blueprint. They'd probably admit now they should of stuck with Neil.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I totally believe we will be one of those clubs where a new man comes in and the team look brilliant and the only question to ask is how the hell the previous guy couldn't make this happen. 

I’ve thought that too. Recent results has made me doubt this, but I think it’s more than possible. Although if we could just give Brucie another £50 million I think there’s an outside chance he could still get us to 12th, which is clear progress. 

3 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Here's why we should employ Dean Smith tomorrow. He gets the best out of his players !

He sold his three best players to the Blues at the start of the season, and look at what's happened to them. Hogan, looks distinctly average in our side. Every time we play Brentford they are the better team. Better organized, better football and ultra confident on the ball. Not once do we see them hoofing the ball up aimlessly. There's a plan, a backup plan, and the manager can make things happen on the fly.

Today, he played Josh MacEchran for the first time for a few weeks. Why?, because he needed someone to take care of Grealish in the floating role he had. As soon as Davies came on, MacEchran went off because we went to 4-4-2. 

Oh how pleasant it is to see a manager with a plan and able to react.

Get him in tomorrow. Please

He would fail here! Villa would destroy him.

He may be a up and coming manager, but Villa is not his next step.

4 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Sack Bruce and bring in a young intelligent german that likes to play attacking football.

My cousin fits that bill perfectly but he currently works in IT unfortunately. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I totally believe we will be one of those clubs where a new man comes in and the team look brilliant and the only question to ask is how the hell the previous guy couldn't make this happen. 

See I fear the opposite. New man comes in and we are just as bad if not worse. It soon becomes clear the players are either past it or just not as good as the hype around them and the new manager has to complete change things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He would fail here! Villa would destroy him.

He may be a up and coming manager, but Villa is not his next step.

Whilst I think he could be a great appointment, on balance I would say that you’re right, it’s too big of a step up. It’s like asking the bloke who has successfully run a local corner shop to take over as CEO of Tesco. 

The man who I think could be ready to make that step is Gary Rowett. He may take some persuading, but we should go for it if there is any chance at all. First though we have to create the vacancy. 

• Like 1

What was so apparent and utterly shocking given our net spend, especially when they took over after 10 minutes, was how intelligent and composed they were on the ball compared to us. We are in the dark ages in how we are managed, run, scouting..the lot and I know brentford are a London club which helps but they are well down the pecking order when it comes to getting good young talent but like I said in a previous post a clever innovative hard working club with a very good manager.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

See I fear the opposite. New man comes in and we are just as bad if not worse. It soon becomes clear the players are either past it or just not as good as the hype around them and the new manager has to complete change things. 

Thats what i fear too.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fortune favours the brave, as Virgil once said.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What was so apparent and utterly shocking given our net spend, especially when they took over after 10 minutes, was how intelligent and composed they were on the ball compared to us. We are in the dark ages in how we are managed, run, scouting..the lot and I know brentford are a London club which helps but they are well down the pecking order when it comes to getting good young talent but like I said in a previous post a clever innovative hard working club with a very good manager.

We just lack in all the things money don't buy.

• Like 2

Next step is who do you put in charge of picking the new man?   Can’t be Round or Wyness.  But somebody needs to do a damn good job.    

Is there a risk it could get worse?  Of course. That’s always a risk, but simply given how poorly we’re performing the odds would favor some improvement no matter who we get.   It’s possibly, but not easy to become worse than dog sh++

• Like 1

Â