Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Dean Smith win a less than a  35% win percentage  in his managerial career? It would be a massive jump for him to manage Villa. Just because we have failed to beat them in 4 matches it does not  make him the ideal candidate imo. And you know in about a years time if we are in the same position, fans would be screaming for Smith to go regardless if he is a Villa fan or not. We don't have the patience for a rebuild. Yet.

Maybe you're right but I've watched Brentford a few times and always been massively impressed. I don't know how much of how they play is down to him but it's really refreshing to watch.  They play in a way that you can tell they have worked really on. Their players aren't anything special (apart from Canos), but as a team they really do work hard and well together. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Dean Smith is nothing special IMO. Not the answer to our problems.

He’s enjoying the fruits of a coaching philosophy and transfer structure that Brentford have been working at for years. We’d have to replicate that in its entirety for him to have any success here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Dean Smith is nothing special IMO. Not the answer to our problems.

It depends how much better we need to be.

Even with Bruce we are top half. I don’t think we need the next Wenger or Fergie to push on, and everything about Brentford tonight, and every other time we’ve played them - and every other time I’ve seen them - tells me he’d get more than enough extra from them.

Mind you so would a bunch of other people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brentford only 4 points behind us. He has better chance of promotion staying where he is

Go on then, put your money where you mouth is. Betfair give us 7/2 for promotion, or about a 1-in-4 chance. Same website gives Brentford 14/1.

Edited by Enda
got the odds wrong

20 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Didn't want him in the first place, and I was never convinced with the performances even during god results. Would have been happy to see him go at any time but hopefully the weight of opinion now will be too much for Tony to ignore. Nothing really to lose now.

we need more than God to get us winning under Bruce

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Enda said:

With two matches in such a short space of time, and in fairness us still knocking on the door of the play-offs, I don't think there's an absolutely urgent need to replace Bruce. This conversation would be much tempered if Glen Whelan cleared that ball at the edge of the box.

Should we replace him? 90% yes. Could he still do enough to get us to the playoffs this season? 70% yes

If Bruce doesn't get four points from the next two games, I think he should go. If he gets six points from the next two games, then maybe we should still replace him and get someone new in for January. But the advantage of getting someone in this week? Pretty minimal, I think.

Yes you cannot blame the manager for players making mistakes however which team was in control, which team had movement, which team looked a threat, which team actually had a gameplan? 

Now which team cost the most money?

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Dean Smith win a less than a  35% win percentage  in his managerial career? It would be a massive jump for him to manage Villa. Just because we have failed to beat them in 4 matches it does not  make him the ideal candidate imo. And you know in about a years time if we are in the same position, fans would be screaming for Smith to go regardless if he is a Villa fan or not. We don't have the patience for a rebuild. Yet.

He was managing Walsall 2 seasons ago, please stop this Dean Smith is the messiah. There is no pressure at Brentford, I have good knowledge that they are not gagging for promotion. he gets a easy ride there. 

We need a new guy, not sure who but maybe someone we don't have to sack when we finally get promoted. Bruce is not the man to lead us into the Premiership. It the shock happened we could never risk keeping him.

Just now, mykeyb said:

Yes you cannot blame the manager for players making mistakes however which team was in control, which team had movement, which team looked a threat, which team actually had a gameplan? 

Now which team cost the most money?

Dunno why you think I disagree with any of that.

We needed a strong character to come in and sort out and organise the team. He has brought some of this it has to be said, but his tactics and coaching are rubbish.

Just hope they don’t go short term and appoint Monk. Get Dean Smith and his coaching staff in and build for the future

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He was managing Walsall 2 seasons ago, please stop this Dean Smith is the messiah. There is no pressure at Brentford, I have good knowledge that they are not gagging for promotion. he gets a easy ride there. 

We need a new guy, not sure who but maybe someone we don't have to sack when we finally get promoted. Bruce is not the man to lead us into the Premiership. It the shock happened we could never risk keeping him.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Howes first job was Bournemouth. 

Jose's first job was a translator! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

He’s enjoying the fruits of a coaching philosophy and transfer structure that Brentford have been working at for years. We’d have to replicate that in its entirety for him to have any success here. 

I'm on board with Smith now, and a Villa fan to boot.

Philosophy and passion all in one, what we need.

• Like 4

Â