Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Our lack of movement means we should always play with an extra midfielder. Wednesday played 442 but played it with people moving around. We do it with a flat 4 playing wide and it gets exposed every time. We played with 2 up top and 2 wingers yet neither winger goes outside and crosses so the strikers never get a chance to attack a ball. Why not swap the wings about if it's not working? We did it loads under ONeill. Is it because Snodgrass doesn't want to play left side? Elmo isn't a RB yet he persists with him a short he knows him but to me he's a weak character with no fight. Hutton isn't a left back he does ok but you need balance and not having a left foot on the left hampers us. We've not got a pattern of play to fall back on when it's not clicking and like after Xmas last year we could easily go on a winless run because of it. 

I think you are bang on, with the movement.....i think it is a major problem for us.

The formation is/ was fine.....but there is no legislation for too many players having a poor day together.

There are times individuals are just not good enough.

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

No offence mate but, I think the players need cutting some slack for that first goal. 

1) It was just 17 seconds into the game, so players wouldn't have had time to settle into positions. 

2) It was an amazing goal - probably the best the player will ever score.

I think sometimes we just have to applaud what was a sensational goal and give the scorer credit where due. 

My biggest problem is that we couldn't turn the game around in the next 90+ minutes of play. 

We weren't switched on. Terry was underpressure so wouldn't clear the header far they never reacted and that was the same all half. Even for the 2nd Elmo sat off and the bloke had a free header to start the move. Our energy levels seem awful at times. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villarocker said:

No offence mate but, I think the players need cutting some slack for that first goal. 

1) It was just 17 seconds into the game, so players wouldn't have had time to settle into positions. 

2) It was an amazing goal - probably the best the player will ever score.

I think sometimes we just have to applaud what was a sensational goal and give the scorer credit where due. 

My biggest problem is that we couldn't turn the game around in the next 90+ minutes of play. 

Yeah i accept that, but we do have a habit at times of leaving large gaps for the opposition to play in.....It was a good strike, but i still think we was not tight enough, which is usually our forte.

Didn’t see the full game just the hilights.

You can’t legislate for a worldly so soon after the start of the game and their second goal was beautifully worked but it just seems to me under Bruce that the majority of the time Villa play a half decent side they are out thought, outplayed or both.

Villa need to be winning these games or certainly not losing them if they want to get an automatic promotional spot and generally it’s not happening.

Edited by striker

1 hour ago, striker said:

Villa need to be winning these games or certainly not losing them if they want to get an automatic promotional spot and generally it’s not happening.

I think the chances of winning automatic promotion are extremely unlikely, I hope we can get into the playoffs but even for that we need Kodjia back scoring, as much as Davis has been superb, any team playing us just stick two players on him fouling him for every long ball and the refs will do nothing.

Samba has errors in him I fear and as much as everyone including myself wants Grealish and O'Hare in the team I still have little faith Steve Bruce will know what to do with them.

We have definitely shown improvements this season and just to hope that a few things click into place that continue that improvement. 

We weren't awful today we just got sucker punched and injuries that derailed us, not saying we were good either, but i've seen us play worse and draw or win.

Edited by VillanousOne

Having calmed down I'm going to try and look at the positives. We are still in playoff positions and have only lost 3 all season. We have enough decent players to beat the majority of teams in this league.

So it's back to just taking each game as it comes and not expecting us to win anymore. Just seeing how it goes. 

However I previously thought sacking him now was too risky based on the potential impact on this season. I take that back. I think it would be worth the risk. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Having calmed down I'm going to try and look at the positives. We are still in playoff positions and have only lost 3 all season. We have enough decent players to beat the majority of teams in this league.

So it's back to just taking each game as it comes and not expecting us to win anymore. Just seeing how it goes. 

However I previously thought sacking him now was too risky based on the potential impact on this season. I take that back. I think it would be worth the risk. 

We have lost four games. But, it will be more than that by the time Terry returns to the team. Our next 11 games (up to and including January 13th) include home games against Sheff Utd and Bristol City plus away trips to Derby, Leeds, 'Boro, Forest, Brentford. I can't see us winning many of those! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

We have lost four games. But, it will be more than that by the time Terry returns to the team. Our next 11 games (up to and including January 13th) include home games against Sheff Utd and Bristol City plus away trips to Derby, Leeds, 'Boro, Forest, Brentford. I can't see us winning many of those! 

Sorry I meant four and you are right. I can't see us winning those games either.  The risk of starting the season with only 2 decent centre halves was staring everyone in the face. 

We must have really been in the s**t financially for having to sell Baker. There is no way Bruce would have wanted to let him go. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It wasn't a freak result. It was coming. 

The 17 second goal of the year shot,  and John Terrys broken foot? Not losing at home all season, just had a strong away preformance.  In what way was it coming?

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

The 17 second goal of the year shot,  and John Terrys broken foot? Not losing at home all season, just had a strong away preformance.  In what way was it coming?

Ok maybe you were right that it was a freak result in terms of the nature of the goals and the bad fortune to lose Terry. 

But the fact we were completely out thought by one of the better Championship teams and had zero ideas on how to break them down is what was coming. 

In my opinion of course. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok maybe you were right that it was a freak result in terms of the nature of the goals and the bad fortune to lose Terry. 

But the fact we were completely out thought by one of the better Championship teams and had zero ideas on how to break them down is what was coming. 

In my opinion of course. 

Agreed, under Bruce, we will always struggle with teams that parks the puss or put too much pressure on us with pressing.

• Like 1

Â