Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I don't mind Bruce having a pop at the end of yesterday's game. Just means he's making a rod for his own back.

The "I told you so" remarks are more than fine with me as it means he will have no excuses if we revert back to the kind of performances, and results, that we were getting prior to yesterday.

• Like 2

I certainly don't wish for Villa to lose or play poorly in order for Bruce to be sacked. I also don't want him to fail because that means the club and team fails. I have just got to the point where I expect those from Bruce and have not seen enough in terms of performances to believe he has found a way of making us promotion candidates. 

If he gets the time and we win 4 or 5 of the next 5, 6 or 7 games, I might start believing he has found the formula to success with this team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

It was a lighthearted GIF. I know you're upset because we won, but lighten up. 

And do you honestly "hate" him!? What a strong word for a man who is just trying to do a job. Yes, he's not doing it all that well, and he's clearly aimed a dig or two back at some of the fans, but "worth hating". Grow up. 

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I am not upset that we won, I am very happy. I enjoyed the win immensely, but I am not convinced by one win on its own. 

And no, I don't hate him. I hate what a s**t job he is doing. I have never said anything personally at the man and I challenge you to find anything personally insulting I have said about him. 

"Worth hating" was in relation to poor performances, not the man himself - If you think it is unreasonable for a Villa fan to hate seeing our beloved club in its current state, then you are the one that needs to grow up.

I don't get some people on here, you express concern about the way your club is being run and the results, you comment about the managers performance over the last (nearly) 12 months and you get pathetic insults like this from people. And please - do NOT mix up the people like me that want to see a capable manager take us forward, with the ones that just want to throw insults (which is a tiny minority of us so called "haters").

Now that you have bought it onto personal comments I will say this: I thought at first he was the right appointment, he has since proven to me (and many others) that he is not up to the job, it is too big for him - what he always had going for him was that he was a nice guy, respected and someone you would always be happy to have a beer with. Over the last couple of weeks his comments about the fans have been insulting, classless and downright embarrassing for the club, as well as ridiculous excuses that anyone who knows the club and has watched the games will see straight through, unfortunately many in the wider football world who don't pay much attention to Villa beyond the results (and some more gullible Villa fans) will lap them up.

I get that he has been (deservedly) under immense pressure but his actions in the last couple of weeks have been bizarre and frankly, stupid - it is not the way to get the fans back on side.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's a highly paid, multi-millionaire manager, so I don't think it's much to expect the public face of our club to act with a bit of grace and class, especially after the dross he's served up for near enough a whole year now.  Unless he's missed it, we're still not even top half in the Championship, so I'm not entirely sure that gloating is really what's needed, even after an admittedly very good result.

Which is precisely why he's a small minded individual not equipped to deliver our promotion goals. He cannot handle the pressure, hence he reacts in such a way that will only serve to precipitate the tit for tat dynamic between him and a section of the fans. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I was thinking 10 year old pre pubescent boys...but no, I think you're right :D

Yes, and most of them for some reason are members of the "we love Steve Bruce" fan club. Maybe they are family members or something. :D

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

He's a highly paid, multi-millionaire manager, so I don't think it's much to expect the public face of our club to act with a bit of grace and class, especially after the dross he's served up for near enough a whole year now.  Unless he's missed it, we're still not even top half in the Championship, so I'm not entirely sure that gloating is really what's needed, even after an admittedly very good result.

Agreed. Though I don't think it was gloating. It was him reacting badly to pressure, which is a real weak point of his management, historically.  Smart thinking surely says he wants and needs to keep his job, for all sorts of reasons, and that media and fan criticism makes owners more likely to fire managers who are underachieving. It's therefore pretty dumb to give critics something to have a go back at, or to give the media the chance to write about him being tetchy or whatever. Much better would have been to be positive and calm.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Risso said:

Again, where was the gloating?? He said it was a club in crisis. People seeing what they want to see as usual.

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Which is precisely why he's a small minded individual not equipped to deliver our promotion goals. He cannot handle the pressure, hence he reacts in such a way that will only serve to precipitate the tit for tat dynamic between him and a section of the fans. 

He cannot handle the pressure of getting a club promoted?  :lol: 

Oh it's because it's Villa, the ex Manchester United defender doesn't know what it's like being employed by a big club with big expectations.

Newsflash: we aren't a big club.

Next 3 league games are Forest, Burton and Bolton, we need maximum points from these games to climb the table and it's perfectly possible. Win those 3 then it's Wolves away after that, which will certainly be interesting!

If we set up like yesterday, then it'll be too much for those sides, barring Wolves  

I'll accept then that we have turned a corner. Yesterday was a fantastic win, now Bruce needs to back it up. He had the chance to kickstart after the Norwich and Wigan games, but we reverted back in on ourselves again. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Don't be ridiculous. Of course I am not upset that we won, I am very happy. I enjoyed the win immensely, but I am not convinced by one win on its own. 

And no, I don't hate him. I hate what a s**t job he is doing. I have never said anything personally at the man and I challenge you to find anything personally insulting I have said about him. 

"Worth hating" was in relation to poor performances, not the man himself - If you think it is unreasonable for a Villa fan to hate seeing our beloved club in its current state, then you are the one that needs to grow up.

I don't get some people on here, you express concern about the way your club is being run and the results, you comment about the managers performance over the last (nearly) 12 months and you get pathetic insults like this from people. And please - do NOT mix up the people like me that want to see a capable manager take us forward, with the ones that just want to throw insults (which is a tiny minority of us so called "haters").

Now that you have bought it onto personal comments I will say this: I thought at first he was the right appointment, he has since proven to me (and many others) that he is not up to the job, it is too big for him - what he always had going for him was that he was a nice guy, respected and someone you would always be happy to have a beer with. Over the last couple of weeks his comments about the fans have been insulting, classless and downright embarrassing for the club, as well as ridiculous excuses that anyone who knows the club and has watched the games will see straight through, unfortunately many in the wider football world who don't pay much attention to Villa beyond the results (and some more gullible Villa fans) will lap them up.

I get that he has been (deservedly) under immense pressure but his actions in the last couple of weeks have been bizarre and frankly, stupid - it is not the way to get the fans back on side.

It was a lighthearted GIF. You decided to take an overly sensitive objection to it. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He cannot handle the pressure of getting a club promoted?  :lol: 

Oh it's because it's Villa, the ex Manchester United defender doesn't know what it's like being employed by a big club with big expectations.

Newsflash: we aren't a big club.

Yes we are, we're bigger than any club he has managed and there's a different level of expectation here, a level that he cannot deal with properly. Take the blinkers off.

One positive i will say about bruce is defensively very good. If he can convert the misses into goals we would be top 4 without question. If we can build a run then we really could be up there with wolves and leeds.

Hopefully leeds first defeat will be the first of the cracks showing

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes we are, we're bigger than any club he has managed and there's a different level of expectation here, a level that he cannot deal with properly. Take the blinkers off.

There is no evidence at all to suggest this is true. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Again, where was the gloating?? He said it was a club in crisis. People seeing what they want to see as usual.

You seem to have misunderstood his meaning completely.  Listen to the interview.  He says we're in crisis, boring and horrible to watch.  He says it ironically, to suggest that the people who say such things are divorced from reality.

• Like 1

Â