Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I was hoping he'd be gone before this as no doubt those 3 will just paper over the cracks.  

Wish RdM was shown as much patience as the board are showing Bruce.  At least we played some good football then.  

Said it before. Elphick cost him his job. Shocking defender. Why did we get a player that barely kicked a ball the previous season for his old club when he wasn't injured. RDM bought him so his own fault I suppose

Was a much improved performance and snodgrass made a difference but should have scored instead of blasting the bar - ultimately it's a results business and one win in 7 on the back of a poor season last year is more than enough reason to sack him .

The dithering of xia will prove costly and already we are 10 behind Leeds and looking like play offs at best if we change manager quickly .

We look increasingly like a rudderless ship drifting towards the rocks. Running the team we have Captain Clueless with Admiral Appathy in his office plotting a route to the Bahamas while the ship is bobbing up and down on the North Sea. To top it all, The King, who I am reluctant to criticise for now, mainly because I've invested a lot of hope in him, is at his country retreat counting butterflies and remaining strangely tight lipped for him.

Hopefully the Kings silence represents the calm before the storm and not the start of a long, drawn out, disinterested malaise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We look increasingly like a rudderless ship drifting towards the rocks. Running the team we have Captain Clueless with Admiral Appathy in his office plotting a route to the Bahamas while the ship is bobbing up and down on the North Sea. To top it all, The King, who I am reluctant to criticise for now, mainly because I've invested a lot of hope in him, is at his country retreat counting butterflies and remaining strangely tight lipped for him.

Hopefully the Kings silence represents the calm before the storm and not the start of a long, drawn out, disinterested malaise. 

I fear the emperor wears no clothes :( 

I fear that is a strong possibility too Eastie. He's been a beacon of hope since he came, but if you look at the overall picture it doesn't look good. He can start to improve things with the removal of the manager, but then everything hangs on who replaces him. Get that wrong and he starts to look Lerneresque.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I fear that is a strong possibility too Eastie. He's been a beacon of hope since he came, but if you look at the overall picture it doesn't look good. He can start to improve things with the removal of the manager, but then everything hangs on who replaces him. Get that wrong and he starts to look Lerneresque.

I fear he puts too much faith in wyness who is just covering his own arse by backing the man he recommended . 

The longer this farce continues the more I doubt him . 

As for Bruce there are always excuses for him but a manager has to judged on results and for that reason he should be long gone

A crucial month we are told - 2 home games , 4 points dropped and not a goal scored with one of the games against a side down to 10 men from the 3rd minute .

GET RID NOW !!!!. 

Edited by Eastie

45 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Just watched the Bruce post-match interview on FB and I was shocked by the many keep-the-faith-type remarks in the comments. I think this has got a long way to go. 

My thought throughout has been that Bruce (or really the squad and the money spent) is good enough to get us in the ball park (top ten) but will never get us up

I think that he could well be here for some months yet! 

Another season wasted - wonder whether we will ever have a squad as well-equipped for some time

Last nights events will mean he gets another go. He's lost the plot though. If he can't see 1win in 7 is bad or 29 in 34 in 2017 he's mad. Saying you've been here 6 months really as he doesn't count the close season will he knock weeks off for internationals soon? Last night we had an extra man for an hour yet Bruce thinks it 40 min? He thought before Brentford we'd had 1 bad half all season? You know a manager is feeling the pressure when he starts revising stuff to make him look better. This morning a few local reporters are backing him so he's probably pulled in a few favours.  Now we go to Barnsley on TV where he won't get to hide. We have to win and win well or the away fans that are already fed up will vent and it'll be national news!! 

I've read the thoughts of those who went to the game and they seem to back up what Bruce says about chances created. However, I also saw more than one report where Johnstone was made MOTM so that would suggest 'Boro could have knicked it too.

Overall, it's just not good enough, is it? 7 points from 7 games is rubbish given the money spent on this squad for this level. Surely there are managers out there who can get more from this bunch of players.

I said at the start of the season that he would get 8 (league) games and I think his next will be his last. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just hearing his "hysteria" comments.  The more rubbish he talks like this the more i am starting to dislile him.

I think the "hysteria" is justified because 

1. you cant score despite having one of the best attacks in the league 

2. a woeful record that resembles rdm

3. Utter trash football 

4. Despite 60 minutes vs 10 men fail to score

5. One league win all season

Absolutely pathetic. You failed and you know it don't take us for idiots and make out we are being dramatic for your incompetence 

Bruce out

Reading through the nonsense going down on this thread yesterday, I think "hysteria" is quite a polite word for it tbf.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Last nights events will mean he gets another go. He's lost the plot though. If he can't see 1win in 7 is bad or 29 in 34 in 2017 he's mad. Saying you've been here 6 months really as he doesn't count the close season will he knock weeks off for internationals soon? Last night we had an extra man for an hour yet Bruce thinks it 40 min? He thought before Brentford we'd had 1 bad half all season? You know a manager is feeling the pressure when he starts revising stuff to make him look better. This morning a few local reporters are backing him so he's probably pulled in a few favours.  Now we go to Barnsley on TV where he won't get to hide. We have to win and win well or the away fans that are already fed up will vent and it'll be national news!! 

He was always going to get Barnsley at the very least.  Don't see the rush to sack him Moyes and Pardew will be available for a while yet.

His comments are appalling.

At the very least he should have the grace to admit there is cause for criticism.

He calls it hysteria.

7 points from 7 games.

He now needs to Win the next SIX to catch up to the 2 Points a game needed for Automatic promotion ( and widely accepted as a reasonable objective st the start of the season ).

6 Wins in a row puts us on 25 Points after 13 games.

SIX in a row just to get back to Par !!!!

Leeds can lose 4 and still be thereabouts. THEN we have to at least match them.

The points per game he now needs exceeds anything he's ever managed over a season.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

He was always going to get Barnsley at the very least.  Don't see the rush to sack him Moyes and Pardew will be available for a while yet.

The rush is the gap to the play offs! If we leave it too late we have to write this year off and get in a long term youthful manager. 

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Reading through the nonsense going down on this thread yesterday, I think "hysteria" is quite a polite word for it tbf.

You really shouldn't put yourself down like that, not everything you posted was nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ohhh, so we " created chances " and "should've won".

Well, yes. 

You played against 10 men for practically 90 minutes wouldn't it have been odd NOT to have created chances ?

And yes Steve, you SHOULD have won.

He is the King of "would've, could've, should've".

• Like 1

Â