Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Whilst I agree to some extent don't overlook the fact that some are just not going.

And by the end of games a lot who do go have left, which one assumes will be to some extent those less than enamoured with what they see (I know a proportion always leave early but the place was deserted by the final whistle tonight ).

I'd accept that mate but there was still over 25k of home fans and no collective negative reaction towards him during the game. There is no doubt it won't be far away though if results continue as they have.

I know you won't agree but I hope it doesn't come to that. If he remains in charge I hope Saturday is the start of a big upturn in results. I really don't care who it comes under I just want to see us get the results required to get out of this league. If Bruce starts doing that then that is fine by me. If that doesn't happen soon then someone will have a go.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:
21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd imagine we are no more than another couple of games without a win and the masses will turn on him. Conversely I don't think we are more than a couple of wins away from hearing his name chanted more vociferously.

I think it has past that stage already mate.

It hasn't though based on the reaction he is getting at the games. There has been no collective anti Bruce chanting. He was still getting his name chanted in a positive manner tonight.

He hasn't gone past the point of no return. If he had he'd have been sacked or will be sacked before Barnsley. If that isn't the case as long as he remains in charge he has the chance to turn things around. I think he is though at the stage where he needs a win pretty much now and needs 2 or 3 by the end of this month or he is out.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd accept that mate but there was still over 25k of home fans and no negative reaction towards him during the game. There is no doubt it won't be far away though if results continue as they have.

I know you won't agree but I hope it doesn't come to that. If he remains in charge I hope Saturday is the start of a big upturn in results. I really don't care who it comes under I just want to see us get the results required to get out of this league. If Bruce starts doing that then that is fine by me. If that doesn't happen soon then someone will have a go.

Our goals are the same. 

I have nothing much against Bruce ( other than his constant carping) but it just seems as clear as night follows day he's leading us nowhere.

I recall being one of the last if not THE last to say RDM should go. I'm not an angry torch wielding villager but Ive seen NOTHING in Bruce's reign to suggest he is even close to producing the goods.

Thats why I don't want a temporary upturn - which is all it will be - .... I am totally convinced we could win 4 on the bounce under him but just as convinced that overall he will fail.

We are Already way off the pace.

Stick with him means stick in the Championship.

• Like 3

As a P.S.

its true there was little singing hostility - but there was a lot of spoken hostility. 

And the actual amount of singing fell through the floor.

And the "Steve Bruce" part of C and B Army is getting noticeably quieter.

Having said all that I DO agree he's not actually lost significant support and a couple of Wins would get many vocalists on his side.

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Our goals are the same. 

I have nothing much against Bruce ( other than his constant carping) but it just seems as clear as night follows day he's leading us nowhere.

I recall being one of the last if not THE last to say RDM should go. I'm not an angry torch wielding villager but Ive seen NOTHING in Bruce's reign to suggest he is even close to producing the goods.

Thats why I don't want a temporary upturn - which is all it will be - .... I am totally convinced we could win 4 on the bounce under him but just as convinced that overall he will fail.

We are Already way off the pace.

Stick with him means stick in the Championship.

I know you are not a torch wielder mate and I can appreciate where you are coming from.

I don't know if a good run of results would be temporary or could lead to something sustained. Although he hasn't done it here clearly Bruce must have had sustained periods of results in the past given the success he has had in this division.

I'll just take it a game at a time and if he is still in charge on Saturday and a win gets him the next game then so be it. I just want us to win games.

Edited by markavfc40

So far he is on par with Di Matteo from last season, 7 games in and only 7 points gained. (However I feel Di Matteo had not lost 98% of VIlla Talk by that stage either)

Something tells me that while this notion avg. of a point a game continues.. he is already on the down slide.

I feel the first defeat within the next 4 games will be one that does nail his coffin.

That said I believe he is already on borrowed time now. I will be utterly amazed if he is still manager come Oct 1st.

34 points from his last 29 games.

Any other Club or Time he'd be gone.

Yes he's had some good runs at other Clubs to get 4 promotions.

But he's had lots of other seasons when he hasn't, and even his most successful season didn't get the points he now needs.

I can't believe I'm still hearing that people are giving this guy the benefit of the doubt.

Take away the Norwich game (4 Goals) and we have scored 3 in 6 games. I'd hate to see what the attempts on target would be.

Can we please stop with the excuses. You can't get promoted without scoring goals.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So far he is on par with Di Matteo from last season, 7 games in and only 7 points gained. (However I feel Di Matteo had not lost 98% of VIlla Talk by that stage either)

Something tells me that while this notion avg. of a point a game continues.. he is already on the down slide.

I feel the first defeat within the next 4 games will be one that does nail his coffin.

That said I believe he is already on borrowed time now. I will be utterly amazed if he is still manager come Oct 1st.

These posts will probably be made until game 42

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not sure how to break this gently, but whether a manager has or has not lost Villatalk is the least relevant factor in his life and job prospects. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I think the board and Dr Xia will stick with him a few more matches.. to see if results change now that JK and Mile are back and Snodgrass to settle in. 

I was hoping he'd be gone before this as no doubt those 3 will just paper over the cracks.  

Wish RdM was shown as much patience as the board are showing Bruce.  At least we played some good football then.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I think the board and Dr Xia will stick with him a few more matches.. to see if results change now that JK and Mile are back and Snodgrass to settle in. 

That would still be pretty shortsighted. Would mean the manager can only win with a couple of players?

Injuries, suspensions and so on are a part of the game, with the squad we have , this shouldnt be an excuse.

What if Kodjia gets re injured for the whole season?

Is it back to, oh well, best striker at the club is out for the season, he deserves at least until next season when he has the full strength squad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KSV said:

I think so too. Kodjia looked sharp, Jedi first game back, snodgrass looked good too. Also johnstone now looking solid. There is just enough promise to keep the status quo for now.

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If he stays on Di Matteo's pace, 10 points from 11 games he will get the same treatment.

Â