Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well Elmo wins a few headers and Bjarnasson runs a round a lot. Neither of them have the ability of Adomah.....but we all know ability counts for shit.

#distancecoveredandheaderswon4life

bjarnasson has shown nothing since he arrived - looks well out of his depth.

how the hell did he get picked to start ?

Edited by Eastie

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why does he keep doing that. He is either thick and cant count or thinks we too stupid to work out basic mathematics

One thing I'll say about Bruce is that I honestly think he's very passionate and desperately wants to do well. Because of that, I think he gets too carried away with what's happening on the pitch to make any kind of accurate analysis of the game, or be able to accurately tell time for that matter. 

This is in no way a defense of Bruce, btw. It's one of his biggest flaws as a manager as it makes him completely incapable of making good tactical decisions on the touchline. 

Edited by Michelsen

Just now, Michelsen said:

One thing I'll say about Bruce is that I honestly think he's very passionate and desperately wants to do well. Because of that, I think he gets too carried away with what's happening on the pitch to make any kind of accurate analysis of the game, or being able to accurately tell time for that matter. 

This is in no way a defense of Bruce, btw. It's one of his biggest flaws as a manager as it makes him completely incapable of making good tactical decisions on the touchline. 

I don't think that's why he is incapable of tactical decisions......

Did I question his starting line up - yes

Did I question Elmohadamy's place - Yes

Did I think first half we lacked any idea how to beat 10 men - Yes

Do I think Bjarnasson should have been subbed earlier - Yes

Did I agree with the half time subs - Yes

Did we improve second half - Yes 

Did we create enough to win - Yes

Did I think we were slightly unlucky - Yes

Did I think Lansbury red was harsh - Yes

Do I still want Bruce out - Yes

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I don't think that's why he is incapable of tactical decisions......

You're right, of course, he doesn't really do tactics in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not. Can't understand why he hasn't been sacked. 

I still think that Xia will give him till the end of September as that is what RDM got to "bed in".

Shouldn't do, but I think he will. We are actually getting worse.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like a man who knows his days are numbered if he is blatantly making thing up! 

Possibly. He doesn't have the demeanor of a man that thinks that though and seemed very buoyant in the interview.

I don't know what is going to happen. I come on VT and the fan base is against him it seems but this thread is a very small sample size I guess as I go to VP tonight and in the Holte I didn't sense much if any anti Bruce feeling and plenty chanted his name during claret and blue army a number of times. 

Results can't go on like this for much longer without him getting the boot though. He needs a win asap and I'd imagine by the end of this month he needs to pick up 2 or 3 wins from the remaining four games. If not just like with RDM the international break will see a change made. He won't last that long though if we lose the next couple.

One point to note from tonight. Some were saying he had perhaps lost the dressing room. I didn't get that impression at all from tonight's performance, in fact quite the opposite. It lacked quality at times but to a man they put a shift in.
  • Like 2

Yep, both Bruce and RDM have terrible records at this stage. I think the only reason why Bruce is going to survive for another few days at least is because unlike RDM, we didn't throw away 3 wins in the dying minutes of games.

Would be very happy to be wrong though.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Possibly. He doesn't have the demeanor of a man that thinks that though and seemed very buoyant in the interview.

I don't know what is going to happen. I come on VT and the fan base is against him it seems but this thread is a very small sample size I guess as I go to VP tonight and in the Holte I didn't sense much if any anti Bruce feeling and plenty chanted his name during claret and blue army a number of times. 

Results can't go on like this for much longer without him getting the boot though. He needs a win asap and I'd imagine by the end of this month he needs to pick up 2 or 3 wins from the remaining four games. If not just like with RDM the international break will see a change made. He won't last that long though if we lose the next couple.

One point to note from tonight. Some were saying he had perhaps lost the dressing room. I didn't get that impression at all from tonight's performance, in fact quite the opposite. It lacked quality at times but to a man they put a shift in.

They did put a shift in but let's not forget how long we had an extra man for. Yes it got evened up but by that stage you could see Boro were shattered. 

I would have preferred the ref didn't send Adama off to see how we would have really faired against a so called promotion rival. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Good point, it's easy to get caught up with the perspective on here and think it's representative of the wider fanbase. 

As you say though, results (and as importantly for me, performances) simply can't go on like this. I felt the fans were turning at the weekend...so maybe not tonight, but it won't be long if this goes on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They did put a shift in but let's not forget how long we had an extra man for. Yes it got evened up but by that stage you could see Boro were shattered. 

I would have preferred the ref didn't send Adama off to see how we would have really faired against a so called promotion rival. 

Who knows. We'd all be guessing. The first half we didn't exploit the one man advantage as we should have done and arguably he should have made a change in the first half.

For the whole of the second half though be it 11 against 11 or the last half hour with 10 against 10 I thought we were by far the better side and could with a bit of luck have scored 2 or 3 goals. 

Bruce isn't being judged on one game though and is rightly being judged on his whole time here and the bottom line is that hasn't been good enough. He is fortunate that every game he gets he has the opportunity to improve on that. He is drinking in last chance saloon now though.

Just now, USA_Villa said:

I'm five hours behind here in New Jersey. I get to work about 8am, so that's 1pm UK time. If Bruce is still at the club then I will honestly be lost for words. Surely, there are no more excuses that can keep him here?

He will. He'll be there Saturday.  Talksport gone mental with villa fans ringing in tonight

I was all for giving him time but really this season is going the same way as last. We can't win away games and we're frequently drawing at home.

We were miles off the pace last year. What gives me hope this time is I don't see a top 2 miles better than everyone else like Newcastle and Brighton.

If we are to challenge I don't see it being under SB though. Think Barnsley is the equivalent of PNE last year, lose it and he's out.

Â