Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

His signings haven't been too bad, IMO. Predictable (no anonymous gems), but alright.

My problem is he can't put a team together with a coherent plan to win a football match.

When he was signing these players, I was thinking, how will they fit into the plan?

As time went on, I realised that signing a bunch of players was the plan.

Totally agree. I've heard Redknapp say before - "good players win you matches" - an ignorance to tactics / opposition / gameplan etc. I think Bruce is the same. 

A couple of weeks ago (post Norwich I think)  he said we signed Lansbury and Hourihane because they had the highest assists in the division. Sadly we had no plan for how to fit them into a system / link to our current players / tap into some of what maybe gave them that success. 

He's said a number of times that this is his biggest job - it just seems to be way too big. Plus he just looks way out of date. And that's why we're all now losing / have lost hope - it's simply not going to change under this manager. 

He reckons we played against 10 men for 40 minutes. He's deluded. 

Oh, and it's always difficult playing against 10 men

Oh, and we could've scored 4.

Oh,and the positives were there for everyone to see don't you know

Oh, and there's mass hysteria. 

Oh, and it's only a matter of time before it turns for us. 

Oh, and we will turn the draws into wins. 

Get out of my club you absolute joke. I find you offensive! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, midian said:

His problem is his team choice for me,tonight putting Bjarnasson over Adomah was baffling we are too negative at home I think

Well Elmo wins a few headers and Bjarnasson runs a round a lot. Neither of them have the ability of Adomah.....but we all know ability counts for shit.

#distancecoveredandheaderswon4life

3 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

The most worrying / delusional thing: it's only a matter of time before it turns for us. 

That implies we're doing everything right, just not quite getting the rub of the green. So so so far off reality!!  We are sadly getting exactly what we deserve for our approach and performances at the moment 

• Like 1

Hogan and Adomah only came on because Bruce had set out negatively yet again and had to change things. Traore's 3rd minute sending off highlighted his lack of attacking options against ten men at home! Like the Norwich match, circumstances forced his changes, only this time we didn't take advantage of it. Admittedly Lanbury's rash tackle didn't help, but by then we'd played against ten men for about an hour without success.

The only time we attack as a team is when the choice is taken out of Bruce's hands.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mrjc said:

The most worrying / delusional thing: it's only a matter of time before it turns for us. 

That implies we're doing everything right, just not quite getting the rub of the green. So so so far off reality!!  We are sadly getting exactly what we deserve for our approach and performances at the moment 

It's probably what his croney Wyness is telling the Doc too. 

Apparently there was lots of positives today, we were very, very good and had 20 attempts on target. (actual number was 6)

All according to Bruce's post game interview.

Talking like a man who knows he won't get sacked no matter what.

Hopefully he's wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Why does he keep doing that. He is either thick and cant count or thinks we too stupid to work out basic mathematics

Just now, sne said:

Apparently there was lots of positives today, we were very, very good and had 20 attempts on target. (actual number was 6)

All according to Bruce's post game interview.

Talking like a man who knows he won't get sacked no matter what.

Hopefully he's wrong.

Sounds like a man who knows his days are numbered if he is blatantly making thing up! 

Â