Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Well at the risk of I told you so he should have gone in the summer, instead we kept him let him sign Elmo, Whelan and Terry and we appear to be worse off than we were in June.

Palace were looking after 2 games for the new manager you would hope to god that we have irons in the fire from the international break or are the board that bloody incompetent 

1 minute ago, clip on mullet said:

Surely Dr T can't wait until the weekend. We can't afford to hang around. Hope you're wrong.

I agree, but for some reason I just can't see him being sacked yet. He should be but I don't think he will.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Should have been sacked in pre season. It was all **** there to see.

I feel a clearing in the woods now for telling you all to calm it down in preseason.

I could never have envisioned it being anywhere near this bad.

That being said, you are historically one of the more aggressively negative posters haha!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

The second part of the sacking is that hard part though.

No point in firing someone if there isn't someone better to bring in.

"anyone is better than this clown" I hear you cry, like after all the sackings yet we keep plunging to new depths.

Ive genuinely no idea why good players and managers almost always go shit at Villa. Possibly because the "supports" call for the axe at the first sign of trouble.

From memory, the first sign of trouble was the winless run last season. 

Second sign was the whingeing about £££.

Third sign was the signing of his old faves from years gone by.

Fourth sign was admitting he picked tired and unfit players in the last match who are now injured.

Fifth sign is this crappy run of form.

Sixth sign will be whatever spin he puts on this shit show tonight.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

Well at the risk of I told you so he should have gone in the summer, instead we kept him let him sign Elmo, Whelan and Terry and we appear to be worse off than we were in June.

Palace were looking after 2 games for the new manager you would hope to god that we have irons in the fire from the international break or are the board that bloody incompetent 

His signings haven't been too bad, IMO. Predictable (no anonymous gems), but alright.

My problem is he can't put a team together with a coherent plan to win a football match.

When he was signing these players, I was thinking, how will they fit into the plan?

As time went on, I realised that signing a bunch of players was the plan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not getting into a debate on this one but I completely and utterly disagree with any suggestion that the fans are in any way remotely responsible for a succession of frankly terrible managerial appointments and their failure.

I think we'd agree that no player or managerial signing would be unanimously accepted as perfect, it's just human nature and it will never change. 

When Bruce signed for Villa its was as close to that as I've ever known, every fan, ever radio host, every pundit from all sides of the sport (even those across the city) suggested it was a perfect appointment. So from that point of view I disagree it was a terrible appointment. It hasn't worked out now, but at the time = perfect.

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

His signings haven't been too bad, IMO. Predictable (no anonymous gems), but alright.

My problem is he can't put a team together with a coherent plan to win a football match.

When he was signing these players, I was thinking, how will they fit into the plan?

As time went on, I realised that signing a bunch of players was the plan.

Makes you wonder if the players are being signed by Round and Wyness to be part of the "Villa Engine", and Bruce isn't doing a very good job of being the Fat Controller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So you think 13th last season and sitting at 18th right now is acceptable? Over 15% of the season has been played. Promotion is the only acceptable outcome this season and we are no where near on track.

Did you quote the wrong person? 

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Makes you wonder if the players are being signed by Round and Wyness to be part of the "Villa Engine", and Bruce isn't doing a very good job of being the Fat Controller.

Good point, NV.

When Churchill talked about Russia being a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma, we should check he wasn't talking about the Villa.

SB's points-per-game ratio is worse this season (with more of his players) than last.

Edited by Heretic

Â