Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 positions worse off but on equal points compared to where we were under Di Matteo at this stage last season.

Please don't make the same mistake again and wait too long to sack a manager that clearly isn't working.

And don't replace him with a buddy who happens to be out of work.

• Like 2

I thought according to some that all Bruce needed was a full pre season to turn things around and make a difference??!! Anyone still believing that ? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but looking at this seasons games alone I think we should be on 7 points which is currently a point of play offs.( should have comfortably beaten Hull.)We have last seasons top scorer to return and about to sign a top player at this level in Snodgrass. 

Teams such as Boro, Sunderland, Norwich who were potential rivals look as bad if not worse than us. 

I think we will make playoffs. 

Edit: I know it's the Championship but can you believe his win ratio is the best we've had since MON! 

Yes. 

After MON we spent 6 years becoming the worst team in the history of the league. 

Bruce has one of, if not the strongest squad in the league he plays in. 

I really don't feel like this is some major achievement. 

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at all the results today Cardiff aside everyone is dropping points. It's a strong league but we should still make play offs even with Bruce in charge. 

Cardiffs run won't last. 

Making the play offs is within pretty much any sides grasp outside the bottom 4 every season until about Match 43.

Its similar to a Premier League side thinking they " shoukd avoid the bottom three"  - pretty much everyone from about 10th  down is actually in danger until virtually the last fortnight or so.

As such it's easy to go along saying we will make the play offs, but largely meaningless. 

One slip can cost such a place.

And even if you get there, that's nothing. It can never be viewed as an end in itself. Absolutely no guarantee of anything.

Its just getting the chance to buy a lottery ticket.

IMO it's neither certain, nor good news nor acceptable that we " shoukd make the play offs"

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I thought according to some that all Bruce needed was a full pre season to turn things around and make a difference??!! Anyone still believing that ? 

He just needs the international break, and some millions to spend mate.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We have 7 games in September of which 5 are at home and the away are Barnsley and burton which we must go to win - there can be no excuses if after next month we are not in the top 8 at a very minimum .

Top 8 !?

With just over a quarter of the season gone (12 games) you could be 8th if you get about 17 points - that's a totally unacceptably low bar IMO. 

• Like 1

Few more past it players  should do it. Cause Glenn Whelan and two RM was what we needed and he will get Gabby firing then we are sorted. The day he leaves I will celebrate like we have won a cup. He has to go along with  Wyness for me. I don't trust him to make the right choice at the right time. 

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: I know it's the Championship but can you believe his win ratio is the best we've had since MON! 

Think you answered your own question, its the championship.. we aren't playing the likes of Man U, Man C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc anymore

Bit like a drowning man saying, "Isn't this great, I've never spent this long in water before"

Edited by Junxs
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Top 8 !?

With just over a quarter of the season gone (12 games) you could be 8th if you get about 17 points - that's a totally unacceptably low bar IMO. 

As a Very minimum - ideally I'd hope to be in a much better position . 

We are already 10 points off the top so he needs a good September .

To get to even 17 points by the next international he would need 12 points from 6 games which is title winning form so I think it's a realistic minimum .

we are already playing catch up due to his tactical ineptness .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

As a Very minimum - ideally I'd hope to be in a much better position . 

We are already 10 points off the top so he needs a good September .

To get to even 17 points by the next international he would need 12 points from 6 games which is title winning form so I think it's a realistic minimum .

we are already playing catch up due to his tactical ineptness .

12 points from the next 6 is a must really. If he doesn't start averaging 2 points a game soon then it's very unlikely he's going to do it enough to get automatic promotion with us. 

• Like 3

I'm no football expert, but I must have watched thousands of hours of football through a lot of decades, and Villa's current situation has been replicated many times at many clubs during that time. What I've watched over the last ten and a half months at AVFC needs to be sorted out. It isn't going to end well without surgery.

Watching Bruce attempting to get things right at Villa is akin to watching a blind folded man trying to complete a jigsaw. It isn't going to happen!

We have the pieces, we now need someone who can competently put the pieces together to complete the picture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm no football expert, but I must have watched thousands of hours of football through a lot of decades, and Villa's current situation has been replicated many times at many clubs during that time. What I've watched over the last ten and a half months at AVFC needs to be sorted out. It isn't going to end well without surgery.

Watching Bruce attempting to get things right at Villa is akin to watching a blind folded man trying to complete a jigsaw. It isn't going to happen!

We have the pieces, we now need someone who can competently put the pieces together to complete the picture.

I love that line haha.

Would it be unrealistic to attempt at throwing lot's of money and a huge project proposal at someone like Wagner?

Yes I know, he is in the Premier League doing well etc, and I have slated people wanting Benitez but I feel it is a slightly different kettle of fish.

Main concern is if Huddersfield continue to do well, he might well attract interest from larger clubs.

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Why on earth would would we view a draw at Bristol City anything but points lost.

One thing Bruce has achieved is to dampen down our expectations.

Lerner would have loved him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Next game should be interesting as we're playing Brentford who took 4 points off us last season. Could be an indicator to our next manager if we get a pasting like last time.

If we don't beat Brentford at home and do it looking decent,  not being out played and falling over the line for a 1-0 win, then Steve "I've had no time or money" Bruce should be gone before he reaches the dressing room.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If we don't beat Brentford at home and do it looking decent,  not being out played and falling over the line for a 1-0 win, then Steve "I've had no time or money" Bruce should be gone before he reaches the dressing room.

He should be but I think he will be given the whole of September before the trigger is pulled - he has said the target was 10 points from the first 5 so already we are well below that - he simply must get a run of wins in September or it's the end of the road for him at this club .

• Like 2

I'm still in disbelief about what he did in the first half yesterday. I don't understand why it was seen as a good idea, or what the logic was behind it. Absolutely killed the momentum we had from the previous 2 games. 

Can't believe he's still here to be honest. We should be walking this league with our squad. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Â