Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Steve bruce will always have his knockers ! 

do you mean " Moobs".....its getting old and contented.:)

but he wouldn't look right all skinny and athletic.

Edited by TRO

It's interesting seeing the training camp interview. Bruce's says he needs players who are going to cope with the pressure of the club. I think we all expected better from the second half of last season, and many in here have certainly alluded to the likes of Hourihane of Lansbury not performing like they were for their previous clubs. Hopefully now they will have settled in and with the additions of the likes of Terry we will see improved performances from them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's interesting seeing the training camp interview. Bruce's says he needs players who are going to cope with the pressure of the club. I think we all expected better from the second half of last season, and many in here have certainly alluded to the likes of Hourihane of Lansbury not performing like they were for their previous clubs. Hopefully now they will have settled in and with the additions of the likes of Terry we will see improved performances from them.

We have the talent in the squad..it's the between the ears bit that's affecting some of them. I think the players that arrived in January will start to show why we bought them this season

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, as you would expect ,I simply disagree with most of that.

and contrary to your theories, I don't think anyone cocked up.....it was the start of a transition and much was still wrong......If you travel around the world on a boat, you don't expect to get all calm seas and sometimes your boat sinks, despite your best efforts.

Steve Bruce hit problems and sometimes the answers are not there no matter who you are......even Jose is taking time to do his thing.

also despite his issues to say RDM failed to see the importance of having a midfield, is simply too much for my little feeble mind to cope with.....This is a guy who despite his tough time with us, has been around the game enough and ironically was a class Midfielder himself......Nah not buying that one.

I would love to see you both together debating that.

My suggestion is move away from blame.....let the people get on with the job who clearly know more than we.......and lets look forward to a cracking season.

Amongst all your excuses why Bruce needs more time while even Jose is taking his time.

May I remind you that whilst Bruce is faffing about with hoofball and shiteball, Jose won the League Cup, the Europa league thus qualifying for the CL.

I wonder which was the harder to achieve?

Oh sorry Bruce didnt achieve anything did he

Forget all the promotions with small clubs (compared to us)—they're not achievements. Bruce should have won the league and champions league with Hull and as he didn't he's shit. For me the minimum aim for this season is a champions league spot. 

Edited by praisedmambo

I can understand what Bruce is saying about coping with the size of the club. Maybe that's why he's going for the likes of Terry and maybe Crouch - because they know how big we are and can cope with the challenge because of the level they've played at. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Could Bruce be thinking 3-4-3 a la Chelsea?

Johnstone 

Chester Terry Baker 

De Laet Lansbury Hourihane Taylor 

Hogan Crouch Kodjia 

Looks good to me

17 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Could Bruce be thinking 3-4-3 a la Chelsea?

Johnstone 

Chester Terry Baker 

De Laet Lansbury Hourihane Taylor 

Hogan Crouch Kodjia 

I don't like the balance of that side - not sure you can play those 3 strikers in the same team - I'd prefer someone sitting in a free role between midfield and strikers like mccormack or grealish - probably let crouch and hogan battle it out for the spot alongside kodija .

The strength on our bench could also be immense looking at the squad.

Edited by Eastie

Do you think if someone says something enough (again and again and again and again, ad nauseum), it becomes more persuasive to the point of becoming true, or... Do they just become more entrenched, more boring and a little more mad? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

I can understand what Bruce is saying about coping with the size of the club. Maybe that's why he's going for the likes of Terry and maybe Crouch - because they know how big we are and can cope with the challenge because of the level they've played at. 

My thoughts too, hence I'm happy for him to bring in whoever he thinks can do that

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Amongst all your excuses why Bruce needs more time while even Jose is taking his time.

May I remind you that whilst Bruce is faffing about with hoofball and shiteball, Jose won the League Cup, the Europa league thus qualifying for the CL.

I wonder which was the harder to achieve?

Oh sorry Bruce didnt achieve anything did he

I don't deal in excuses.....I deal in reasons.

11 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't deal in excuses.....I deal in reasons.

They could be reasons if everything goes as you predict

But when Bruce fails all your reasoning will be poor excuses

40 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

But IF Bruce fails all your reasoning will be poor excuses

Fixed for you mate, you seem to have got confused between thinking you know what will happen and actually knowing the future. People might think your posts are propaganda otherwise, oh hang on a minute......

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

On 08/07/2017 at 18:51, mikeyp102 said:

Pretty much this but Bruce must find a system to get the best out of what he has and stop asking attacking midfielders to sit in behind the ball and defend while playing hoof to a striker that likes ball to feet. For me this was the main problem last season and not just players having difficulty settling. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Fixed for you mate, you seem to have got confused between thinking you know what will happen and actually knowing the future. People might think your posts are propaganda otherwise, oh hang on a minute......

have your £10 for VT at the ready

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

But when Bruce fails all your reasoning will be poor excuses

Thats fair comment, GH.

I hope we can have a " cards on the table" debate at the end of the season.....but I have to confess, I will be well peed off if its a negative for me.

Right now I am sure we will be alright.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would sign JT and I think he will have a massive effect on many players.....I predict at least one will change our opinions of him from last season.

I also want us to conclude the Whelan deal.....I think he ( or the likes of him) will be crucial to us.

4 hours ago, striker said:

Pretty much this but Bruce must find a system to get the best out of what he has and stop asking attacking midfielders to sit in behind the ball and defend while playing hoof to a striker that likes ball to feet. For me this was the main problem last season and not just players having difficulty settling. 

I think you are spot on with that.

I am not so sure we will agree on why that had to be.

I think he is trying to sign players, so that does not have to happen this forth coming season.

If that aspect stays the same ( which i will be shocked rigid if it does) we will be dead in the water this season.

Â