Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I've read your post 5 times now and I still don't know how you're getting that from what TRO posted.  I'll try a 6th.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

I see him as a practical manager.

i could not see how we was going to stop leaking goals last season, it was worrying.....He did it, albeit there was a trade off in terms of attacking play, but for me thst is phase 2, like now.

We leaked virtually the same number of goals per game under Bruce as RDM. He didn't make us more solid, he just made us negative. As for making us hard to beat, he seemed to do that initially but then we went on that awful loosing streak. That was my main concern last season the results seemed to be totally random while the performances were consistently poor. Hopefully we will start afresh in August gain some momentum and never look back. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We leaked virtually the same number of goals per game under Bruce as RDM. He didn't make us more solid, he just made us negative. As for making us hard to beat, he seemed to do that initially but then we went on that awful loosing streak. That was my main concern last season the results seemed to be totally random while the performances were consistently poor. Hopefully we will start afresh in August gain some momentum and never look back. 

He just made us stop leaking late goals. Something that would've happened anyway. Bruce has got a big couple of months coming up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

oh dear Tro

So now that the money has been blown, there is the ready made excuse

"Bruce didnt get the players he wanted because he & RDM blew it all on shite"

Tro, you've dug your hole soooooo deep that you cant get out

GH I have genuinely no idea what your going on about.....The players i am referring to is this window......if he gets the ones he wants and Terry is a whopper, we will be ok.

last season we was incomplete.

what part of that do you not understand?

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I've read your post 5 times now and I still don't know how you're getting that from what TRO posted.  I'll try a 6th.

Thanks BOF

I am happy for folk to disagree with me......but its as if they have not read my responses and just write the same questions over and over again.

They don't even acknowledge my points and  then disagree.

its just Bruce is shite and cost us promotion over and over again.

55 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He just made us stop leaking late goals. Something that would've happened anyway. Bruce has got a big couple of months coming up. 

would it?

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thanks BOF

I am happy for folk to disagree with me......but its as if they have not read my responses and just write the same questions over and over again.

They don't even acknowledge my points and  then disagree.

its just Bruce is shite and cost us promotion over and over again.

Aren't you doing what you're not happy about here?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

i see Jedinak and Whelan playing as the 2 DM's.......Then the choice of 4 wreaking havoc.

My main worry of signing Whelan is exactly that, as if we weren't defensive enough last season, Bruce will end up playing 2 DMs!

Even more negative football than last year and you're actually advocating it. I'm sure in Bruces mind too he thinks just the 4 players would be enough to "wreak havoc" whilst everyone else sits in our own half. 

• Like 2

Playing 2 dm's would be ridiculous 

It would also mean hourihane and Lansbury wouldn't feature as much, which again would be ridiculous 

I'm not sure even Bruce is that defensive so can't see it being the regular set up thankfully. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Playing 2 DM's really would be shocking.

I thought we showed teams far to much respect last season as it is.

Let the players off the leash and attack.

By most accounts Whelan isn't a DM like a Jedinak so hopefully he can play one or other depending on the game. Whelan in a 2 Jedi in a 3. I don't want to see both in this league. It's no where near as good as its made out but you have to attack all the time. We should try out scoring teams for a change. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Playing 2 dm's would be ridiculous 

It would also mean hourihane and Lansbury wouldn't feature as much, which again would be ridiculous 

I'm not sure even Bruce is that defensive so can't see it being the regular set up thankfully. 

To be honest, I think if it is done the right way it can be very effective depending on tactics.

Two DM's could effectively mean 4 forwards if they are clicking.

Potent attacking threat solid midfield and solid defence.

3-4-3/5-3-2/3-5-2/4-2-1-3 etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I think if it is done the right way it can be very effective depending on tactics.

Two DM's could effectively mean 4 forwards if they are clicking.

Potent attacking threat solid midfield and solid defence.

3-4-3/5-3-2/3-5-2/4-2-1-3 etc.

While I agree with your point, I think that regardless how you sell the idea of 2 DMs in the 1 team in the championship to fans, people won't be happy. 

Youre fighting a losing battle from the start

• Like 2

He speaks a lot of sense but I'd like to see a bit more intensity from him. He's a bit relaxed for my liking. 'I'll do my utmost to get us promoted this year', 'we need to be in and around the top of the league', 'we need time'.

I'd like to hear him say that our aim is no more and no less than to win this competition. With the players we have, that's what we should be doing. There can't be any hiding places now for him or for anyone else in this squad. 

Hopefully Terry and some of the others will bring that winning mentality. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

He speaks a lot of sense but I'd like to see a bit more intensity from him. He's a bit relaxed for my liking. 'I'll do my utmost to get us promoted this year', 'we need to be in and around the top of the league', 'we need time'.

I'd like to hear him say that our aim is no more and no less than to win this competition. With the players we have, that's what we should be doing. There can't be any hiding places now for him or for anyone else in this squad. 

Hopefully Terry and some of the others will bring that winning mentality. 

He is calm, but that's his interview style, he's a footballer that has turned in to a manager not a PR man. I like his honesty, and in the dugout he's pretty intense so that's where it matters to me.

In short, I like both Steve Bruce the man, and Steve Bruce the manager. 

• Like 1

Â