Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Welcome, Steven the Bruce. 

What this team needs is a boring, steady hand to steer them clear of relegation, and with any luck, make a push for the playoffs. 

Let's get behind the manager and enjoy the winning of games again.

• Like 1

Stand up Potato Head.

It really is setup for us to go storming up the league.

I feel like for once, we've got all the fancy guff round the edges there. Plenty of flair in the side, we just need some meat and potato[head] foundations.

Good luck Brucie.

• Like 4

Welcome Steve. 

Regroup this club, get us winning, climbing up the table, get our expensive-for-the-championship players firing on all cylinders, let's see some tactical nous, tactical consistency, 

while we're in this division, let's see 6 points off Birmingham, 6 off wolves, let's make up for lost time, show RDM what could have been done with this squad, and show us in January that you will use the technical director, scouting system to bolster our midfield and plug some gaps. Leave Hull be, leave Alex be. All round then, hit the ground running and propel us. 

You wanted this job, you showed the balls to make that public (and risk pissing off the noses who hold you in high regard still) so let's see you win over any VT doubters with something we all want to see... A better Villa going home to the Prem, is this year too much to ask? Next year as worst case scenario only please. 

no pressure then Steve. Good luck to you. 

Edit, and not just 6 points off blues, when the times come, I want them utterly beaten and humiliated in the process. 

Edited by Midfielder
Blues hate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

He'll have to win, and have to win quick...because no doubt some of us, myself included, are not really for this appointment and it will quickly compound our fears if we don't see results quickly.  

That's just the way it is, if you're unsure about something and nothing materialises to make you think you were wrong it's only human nature.  I hope he proves me wrong, and succeeds, because then villa are succeeding too...

He has the fixture list for it aside from SHA away....I consider all our other games in next few weeks winnable (but then I've been thinking that all season!) Wolves are pretty inconsistent and defensively not great, Fulham are falling away now after a decent start and Blackburn are terrible (below us) so 7 points from first three home games should be very realistic and would get people onside quickly.

I'm pretty sure that he must know Brian Little very well, not just because of the West Midlands connection etc.  But he also had Alex Bruce on loan at Hartlepool, I'm also pretty sure if he didn't think he could do a job for us ... he would have put his oar in ... I have a good feeling about this 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Unimpressed by a manager that will get your team promoted? What does it take to impress you? 

The whole point of this appointment is to get us back into the premier league. I fail to see the issue.

I am sure reality will kick in once he loses a few games!

It will certainly be tissues down!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villakram said:

Crap appointment if true. Way to go and protect your investment "Dr." Tony Xia. 

time will tell. Seems very split..... most were happy with RDM and look how that turned out. Same with Lambert.. singing his name until Randy got him. 

Sometimes managers work at some clubs and not at others. I just hope everyone gets behind him and the team. We need a united front to get out of this mess. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has walked out on 3 clubs mid-season and then to top it off did a MON on Hull in pre-season

Hey, have you not been reading the wank fest that was the last thread.

How dare you!  This man is the new messiah I will have you know!  Behave at once  ;)

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

The key difference is we have a new owner now who wants to put money in to the club and see us succeed. A lot of these complaints read as if Lerner was still in charge.

With this appointment you would think the dick was still running the club!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hey, have you not been reading the wank fest that was the last thread.

How dare you!  This man is the new messiah I will have you know!  Behave at once  ;)

It seems you have an obsession with wankfests, wrong thread or wrong forum perhaps?

• Like 1

Â