Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Ive read some silly things on here but this,your really unimpressed if he gets us promoted? 

Jesus

That's not what I said though is it?

im unimpressed that we've appointed a bloke who will be sacked within 3 years, if that's without us promoted and being shit in the championship or with us being promoted and being shit in the prem

he won't see out his contract 

34 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Can I be the first to welcome Alex Bruce on his impending January transfer to us.

not unless yu have a time machine, people were welcoming him on twitter last week & over the weekend

Edited by LakotaDakota

Given our predicament I am extremely happy with this appointment. I think short term its the best appointment we could have made, I have my reservations long term as he has proven to be a bit wasteful in the transfer market when it comes to building Premier League sides, but we are not a Premier League side as of this moment and I have full faith in him restoring our status in the next 2 years.

If all goes to plan we have a better problem to deal with...

Despite managing our neighbours, he's a decent guy and hope the crowd get behind him which I think they will. I think he will have it easy given what we have been served over recent years.

• Like 2

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

The key difference is we have a new owner now who wants to put money in to the club and see us succeed. A lot of these complaints read as if Lerner was still in charge.

No because my biggest worry is Bruce spending money in the transfer window, his track record is awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

No because my biggest worry is Bruce spending money in the transfer window, his track record is awful.

his transfer record is appalling, as I said yesterday for every Dugarry their is a Heskey, O'Shea, Huddlestone, Brown, Hernandez.

he started the mess that Sunderland are currently in

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

his transfer record is appalling, as I said yesterday for every Dugarry their is a Heskey, O'Shea, Huddlestone, Brown, Hernandez.

he started the mess that Sunderland are currently in

Don't forget he also bought Hutton, Richardson and N'Zogbia at some point too.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Have you not defended O'Neill on his departure from Villa previously?

I dont think so, if I did I must have been seriously hammered or on proper drugs that day :P

im still trying get him sacked from Ireland job ;)

• Like 1

Pretty sure Bruce wont have full say on signings. I think Steve Round and co will be making signings suggestions. Bruce will just okay signing options 1 2 or 3. As apposed to suggesting option 1043 (his son).

People dont like him for many reasons..whether they want to admit hes a former blue.. his record.. or whatever. In the end we need to clean slate and judge him on what he does here. I hope people dont get on his back early because he is who he is. Lets see what he can do.. 

• Like 1

Â