Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Umm he only stayed after threatening to leave all summer when he got wind as to whom the new owners were... No loyalty of sense of duty ... just full on self preservation... I know for a fact he was close to going this summer then basically begged to keep his job . So yes I’m my eyes he a pathetic man ..... He stayed only for £££ not out of respect or pride just £££.  He threatened to take us to court for constructive dismissal in the summer !

And I wish some people would stop bringing up his deceased parents ... as if it has anything do with the argument of can Bruce take us forward. It is not necessary. Sad as it was/is he is paid £3mill a year or thereabouts to perform a job regardless of the circumstances ...

I think you are confusing criticisms of the man with that of the manager.

you are clearly privvy to information on him some of us are not.

we can only comment on what we think we know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Umm he only stayed after threatening to leave all summer when he got wind as to whom the new owners were... No loyalty of sense of duty ... just full on self preservation... I know for a fact he was close to going this summer then basically begged to keep his job . So yes I’m my eyes he a pathetic man ..... He stayed only for £££ not out of respect or pride just £££.  He threatened to take us to court for constructive dismissal in the summer !

And I wish some people would stop bringing up his deceased parents ... as if it has anything do with the argument of can Bruce take us forward. It is not necessary. Sad as it was/is he is paid £3mill a year or thereabouts to perform a job regardless of the circumstances ...

How do you know this? 

Some people on here have talked about it being Bruce's fault we have limited central defensive options.I am not sure what input he had in our summer signings.I think the owners have set a policy of only signing young players .We missed out on 2 young central defenders and didn't have an alternative.

The team that finished last season was one of the best Villa teams of recent times.Snodgrass , Terry and Jounstone were all Bruce signings.The combination of Snodgrass and Elmaaddy on one wing and Adomah and Hutton on the other gave protection in defence and a strong attacking threat.I don't see that happening this year.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I worked for OUFC for a number of years and got to make a few friends higher up the league.... I was being briefed by someone  close to Bruce who also used to be my boss.... I also know a few agents and scoutswhom I’ve kept in touch with. I know more than I can get away with saying.. football is a weird business ... it’s sort of closed to outsiders but if you can get an in then they never shut up ! 

I digress but from what I was told about Bruce this and last summer which I have touched upon then I feel he should be removed sooner rather than later. 

Because of what I know through being in the game and also what I’ve been told since the end of his first season .... I think a few of his supporters may have second thoughts ... 

I’m also a petulant & prone to lashing out... I do not mean offence by my posts but I cannot help it when it comes to our current predicament if I ever sound condescending... I apologise !    

Your kidding aren't you, cryptic messages...... an individual can be the biggest turd in the world, doesn't mean he doesn't know his job. One thing I also know when hearing things 3rd, 4th, 5th .... hand etc, those people before put their own spin, bias etc on the information, so by the time it gets to you it sounds nothing like the original message. I'm no supporter of Bruce, I think his time may be up, but the if you know what I know route is just bollocks. Nothing personal.

My source is an agent who brought players into the club (not mendes) after the takeover and all I’d been told is that Bruce was looking to abandon us pre takeover for a job in the MLS. 

How true this is idk, just could be speculation from the agent who also said he’d be gone by Christmas unless top 4. 

This isn’t ITK just came across as more of the sources educated opinion tbh. 

Also id never heard about legal threats tbh

Edited by Fairy In Boots

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I heard exactly the same. He went from threatening to leave to begging to stay. 

1 hour ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Some people on here have talked about it being Bruce's fault we have limited central defensive options.I am not sure what input he had in our summer signings.I think the owners have set a policy of only signing young players .We missed out on 2 young central defenders and didn't have an alternative.

The team that finished last season was one of the best Villa teams of recent times.Snodgrass , Terry and Jounstone were all Bruce signings.

From what I understand he had total control over this summers signings.

The fact that we missed out on two central defenders with no alternative shows exactly that Bruce has no plan B.

Snoddy, Johnstone and Terry where loans and a 1 yr contract.

1 hour ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The combination of Snodgrass and Elmaaddy on one wing and Adomah and Hutton on the other gave protection in defence and a strong attacking threat. I don't see that happening this year.

Me neither - Snodgrass never returned. 

28 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I heard exactly the same. He went from threatening to leave to begging to stay. 

Yep, that all adds up.

Some of the things I was privvy of being told around the time of the Jack Grealish saga a few months ago did not give a good portrayal of him either. Hence the "No more teachers pet" bollocks.

Combine this with everything else that has gone on since, quite simply the guy is a complete rocket polisher and needs removed.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Lots of if buts and maybe's in there smithy......I don't think fans are idiots, they just have a variety of opinions.

i don't think Steve Bruce is an idiot.....just a manager who can't get it to work.

The owners have opinions too.....and its theirs that count when dealing with a managers future.

We can expose our frustrations, but thats all it is.

Steve Bruce wants a solution as much as we do.....its just that we are frustrated with his attempts at getting it right........that is slowly manifesting itself in to the fans doubt of his ability to deliver promotion.

Even when you want him out you are overly enamored with him (IMO). I never said he was an idiot.  I never said he doesn’t want a solution.  He’s just not able to see it and/or implement it and that’s what he’s getting paid to do.   You look past that and see the sympathetic figure.  I look past the sympathetic figure and see that failure.  

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

So your saying that having lost someone that close to you wouldn't have an affect on the way you go about things, like your day to day routine,job, life and so on??

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you, I've lost my mum recently and it has completely destroyed my world, it has affected me in every way. If I'm being honest with you all, I can't be bothered with anything, I lost the one person in my life who was there for me and who brought me up, who was also my friend. She is gone and coming to terms with this isn't happening at the moment.

Add to that fact that the stress I now feel, anxiety and I'm not sleeping nor eating properly or can't think of anything but her, I'd say yeah losing someone that close brings many things on that you can not control.

Some things in life you can't control and something as so saddening as losing your parent/parents/loved ones, can take each and everyone of us down dark roads. Everyone deals with it in there own way, some better than others, I myself am still trying to make sense of it all.

I think Bruce does have to go, if his health is getting in the way of him doing his job at Villa then he should step down, the question is, is it? I like Steve, he seems a good person, brings stability and creates a good feel vibe with the players. However none of that seems to  be working on the pitch, his tactics just are not working, when it's coming down to us snagging late injury time goals out of pure luck, then we are in a crisis. I agree with you guys we do need change, someone who can bring us up to speed of the championship with a new way of playing that doesn't make us look that boring that watching that paint dry on the wall would be more fun to see.

It is a shame bruce couldn't make things work, the owners need to see that draws are not enough, come in and say to Bruce it's time, you did your best but you have to move on because we need a fresh face who can do the job.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So your saying that having lost someone that close to you wouldn't have an affect on the way you go about things, like your day to day routine,job, life and so on??

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you, I've lost my mum recently and it has completely destroyed my world, it has affected me in every way. If I'm being honest with you all, I can't be bothered with anything, I lost the one person in my life who was there for me and who brought me up, who was also my friend. She is gone and coming to terms with this isn't happening at the moment.

Add to that fact that the stress I now feel, anxiety and I'm not sleeping nor eating properly or can't think of anything but her, I'd say yeah losing someone that close brings many things on that you can not control.

Some things in life you can't control and something as so saddening as losing your parent/parents/loved ones, can take each and everyone of us down dark roads. Everyone deals with it in there own way, some better than others, I myself am still trying to make sense of it all.

I think Bruce does have to go, if his health is getting in the way of him doing his job at Villa then he should step down, the question is, is it? I like Steve, he seems a good person, brings stability and creates a good feel vibe with the players. However none of that seems to  be working on the pitch, his tactics just are not working, when it's coming down to us snagging late injury time goals out of pure luck, then we are in a crisis. I agree with you guys we do need change, someone who can bring us up to speed of the championship with a new way of playing that doesn't make us look that boring that watching that paint dry on the wall would be more fun to see.

It is a shame bruce couldn't make things work, the owners need to see that draws are not enough, come in and say to Bruce it's time, you did your best but you have to move on because we need a fresh face who can do the job.

Sorry to hear that Dave. 

Regarding Bruce it would be better for all if he left sooner rather than later. Ideally things improve over the next few game but I don’t think it will ever improve enough.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Slate him as a manager all you want that's an opinion to do with football but you can't call him a pathetic man. He lost both parents but was still in our dugout come the weekend then when we were days away from administration he was still willing to stay as manager despite the amount of shite the club was about to go through. The personal attacks like this are unnecessary, childish and part of the toxicity we've been trying to rid from this club since Lerner left. Just no need for it. 

I lost my mom not so long ago, but still had to go to work and perform. I think everybody has tried, its tough but get over it and move on...Its not a valid excuse.

7 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I lost my mom not so long ago, but still had to go to work and perform. I think everybody has tried, its tough but get over it and move on...Its not a valid excuse.

Sorry to hear that Dave-R, hadnt seen your post before I posted my, everybody reacts differently, but we all have to get on. Its a natural way of dealing with life. I think Bruce's parents were old and people die when they get old and it should be easier to handle compared to loosing a person close to you way to early. My mom died at 59, so In my opinion way to early, but I still had to get on with my daily life, taking care of my work, wife, daugther and dad.

42 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I've not used it as an excuse for his management, it was in response to him been called a "pathetic man" 

Again with the squad available to him and an even worse league than last season Bruce should be targeting automatic promotion rather than being ‘there or there abouts.’

Since becoming Villa manager I’ve noted Bruce driving expectations down to a point equating to his ability as manager.

If he did threaten to leave with subsequent court action for unfair dismissal then i’m sure the new owners would be aware of that. It would be no surprise to me therefore that those new owners are quietly working in the background to replace him when the time is right.

Â